Exercise Tracking Cues - include spoken current heart rate as an option

A great feature to have which would increase and assist my running is the option to select spoken current heart rate as an exercise cue (for fitbit devices with pure pulse). 

I would also like to see a feature for spoken encouragement when ones pace / heart rate drops. This would be amazing 

For example, voice cues could include:

* Encouragement option - keep up the effort when fatigue is detected

* Heart rate

* Distance

* Time

* Weakly/ monthly Average Pace

* Split Pace (since last cue)

* Calories burned

Thanks 🙂

79 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I run often during the wintertime and don't want to roll up my sleeve to check heart rate when it is zero degrees F outside. Spoken heart rate cues would be super!
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

This could be a meet idea but will require a major hardware change. 

The tracker does not have a speaker

The tracker can not attach to Bluetooth headphones. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Using a smartphone (e.g. iPhone) to provide the audio cues would work.

Since I posted this, I purchased an Apple Watch. With Runkeeper on my iPhone I get voice cues announcing pace and heart rate through my Bluetooth headphones. It works very well.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

An app such as runkeeper on your phone has direct access to the phones hardware, while an app that is on the tracker currently only has read only access to the phone and is not using. He phone to process any of the data. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
If I recall correctly, the Fitbit app on the phone can continuously display the heart rate transmitted from the Blaze and other Fitbit HR devices. IMHO it would pretty easy to have the phone app simply announce what it already receives and displays.
U2R2
Keeping Pace

This is a much desired function for me.

Tonic48
First Steps

I just got my Fitbit charge 2 for Christmas and was disappointed the heart rate is not available as an audio cue. Please add soon!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please, very handy for interval training. 

vanhoob
Jogger

grateful if the voice cues could mention the HR and if possible every 0.5 km. 

marked_man
First Steps

Your competition is running way out ahead on this feature. Please find a way to provide this feature through one of your compatible app partners.

Hoofer589
Jogger
I gave up and went to Polar HRM
Shengyu
Jogger

I had my ionic for couple weeks. I rely on it for my running. It would be great that if ionic can notify me thru voice for every mile about my pace and heart rate, is that a feature to be considered?

jkleed
Jogger

The feature you are referring to is Cues, you nede to activate it on the watch to automatic using the "gear" icon when you have the run activity window.

Page 40 of the Ionic pdf manual. Also if if you open the Fitbit app and go to Account and Exercise Tracking, there you have Cue option and a test feature

gibbyhome
Tempo Runner

I like this Idea, the only Cue sound is a vibration, there is not Voice Cue that I know of.. I would love for it to cut into my music and say "You have gone 1 mile in 12 .43 mins"

Ghawtho
First Steps

Would be nice to have the Fitbit Ionic announce heart rate in the voice cue list. Could this be done with an app update for the iPhone app? It can be hard viewing live current heart rate on the ionic while running. Probably shouldn't be spending time viewing  data on the ionic while running. Good way to get hit be a car or a bad fall. 

OutOfTheBox
Recovery Runner

This! I'm 52 and cannot see the HR on any of the displays on my Charge 2 while running. Adding a display with the largest possible numbers would be good, but adding it to the voice cues feature would be even better. It would also be nice for a special HR only voice cue to be triggered by zone crossings. In other words, I'd like to be able to hear my HR with the other stats at intervals while also hearing just the HR when it crosses a zone.

Hoofer589
Jogger
I gave up with Fitbit and went to a Polar hrm that gives voice cues in
Runkeeper.
ej76az
First Steps

It's bizarre that this isn't a feature.  This suggestion was made years ago but nothing has been done.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Heart-rate-in-voice-cues/idc-p/1025907#M39915

MapMyFitness has voice feedback and you can set it to read HR every 30 seconds.

ej76az
First Steps

MapMyFitness has voice feedback and you can set it to read HR every 30 seconds.  So bizarre that the Fitbit app lacks such an obvious feature

Łukasz
Keeping Pace

Please inplement voices cue about heartbeat and zone burn fat as well peaks in order to burn calories perfectly.
It would be great if there was a free trainer and he said, release the acceleration based on the set heart rate zone.
Please, this is not a lot of work, add it in the new update

ej76az
First Steps

Just to clarify, getting HR voice cues on MapMyRun requires a Polar or other heart rate monitor device -- it doesn't work with a Fitbit device.

Hoofer589
Jogger
Yes. That is exactly what I chose with Runkeeper. Just seems redundant when
I already have a Fitbit Charge.
smg1967
Jogger

The lack of running apps is an issue and the third party apps are limited - where is space setting app that vibrates if you are running to slow and at to fast ?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Crizzle
Recovery Runner

This is pretty much standard on all running apps since many years. 

The Ionic has a music storage and connects to your bluetooth headsets, I dont know why it cant tell you the cue stats over the headphones? 

Another indication that this device was released to early and not fully thought thru. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.