Find my Fitbit (track location of device through app)

The other day I didn't have my band on right and my Fitbit fell off in my car. I searched for about an hour before I realized where it came off at.. The ability to track the location of your Fitbit through your iPhone would be awesome. (Kind of like the find my iPhone app, only a little more precise) Skip a few heart attacks 😉 

Thank you! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

150 Comments
Fitbit Sense, Find watch feature so the speaker can work for something
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @pabloosoriofitb, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option "Find my Fitbit" on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Mankow5
First Steps
I love that there is a feature to find your phone. However, I feel like it's also necessary to have a find your device option through the app.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mankow5, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track the location of a Fitbit device through the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Jack_LV
Recovery Runner
Whilst it's great to have an app like "Find my phone" on my Sense device, It's often the case that i have my phone but can't find my Sense device. Would be great to have the phone app feature to get my Sense beeping, so that it can be found.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jack_LV, thanks for explaining why you would like to have to use "Find my Fitbit" to track location of device through app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Taranwen
First Steps
I would love to see you add Tile intergartion into all fitbits
I lost mine (charge 4) in Jan and was unable to locate it
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Taranwen, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track location of lost devices . This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Beaut-disaster
First Steps
In the fitbit app allow a button to make the fitbit beep or make noise to be able to find the fitbit when you've lost it.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Beaut-disaster, thanks for sharing your idea about the possibility of adding a button to make the Fitbit beep or make noise to be able to find the Fitbit when you've lost it. I noticed that a similar suggestions has already been posted, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized.

Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

giri210995
Jogger
Find my Fitbit feature in mobile app required to find and ring our fitbit devices.
Should show last location based on GPS. (helps to find outdoors)
and option to ring loudly if its connected to mobile. (helps to find indoors)
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @giri210995, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

404MAB23
Jogger

The "Find My Fitbit" function should be built into the FitBit app. 
Also: There needs to be an email address for user support/customer svc; many of us don;t have and don't want a twitter acct.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @404MAB23, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding "Find my Fitbit" on the Fitbit app. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @404MAB23 - if you click the profile photo,Help & Support, Contact Customer support you can chat with them.

Find my Fitbit would be good for those models with speakers or it could make vibrations.

404MAB23
Jogger

No speakers or vibration needed.  The mobile FMF app uses the FitBit signal strength to guide you to it -->  warmer...  colder...  warmer... HOT

Worked like a charm.  No reason that functionality couldn't be built into the app.
Gch_
Base Runner

Which FMF did you try? - watch Bluetooth differs by model, so which device did you use it to find?

404MAB23
Jogger

Bickster--tried to attach a screenshot, but this forum apparently doesn't allow it.

BKDragonfly
First Steps

The technology already exists,  GPS is installed, so there is no excuse for a Find my Fitbit feature to not already be included in the software. Not adding it at this point means you WANT us to lose the devices so we have to purchase new ones to replace them. This is not a kind business model. Please just add it to alleviate a little  stress from our lives. Life is tuff enough as it is and these little things can really help boost customer loyalty.

Ellienihon
Jogger

Find my Fitbit would be a great addition! Just have it vibrate. Or provide the warmer/colder feedback mentioned above.

nico1016
First Steps

I'd also would really love to have this feature! 

It feels silly having to install a 3rd party app to help me find my watch!

ironlj
First Steps
Why does Fit Bit not have a way from the App to call the Fit Bit. I can find my phone from my Fit Bit but I cant find my Fit Bit from the App on my phone!!?? This is simple technology that Fit Bit should have. The Blue tooth apps you suggest do not help.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ironlj, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to find your Fitbit device from the Fitbit app with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

lewis5412
First Steps
A tracking system to find your lost Fitbit either showing the location when it’s on or the last location it was synced/on
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lewis5412, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having a tracking system to find lost or stolen Fitbit devices with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.