Find my Fitbit (track location of device through app)

The other day I didn't have my band on right and my Fitbit fell off in my car. I searched for about an hour before I realized where it came off at.. The ability to track the location of your Fitbit through your iPhone would be awesome. (Kind of like the find my iPhone app, only a little more precise) Skip a few heart attacks 😉 

Thank you! 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

150 Comments
Clb22
First Steps

Hi Now that you have a fitbit with gps installed and ready to use without your phone nearby,  You could have an app to find your fit bit.  This works great for a couple of reasons.  1. If i put it down somewhere or one of my kids use it or move it, i can find it.   2 if my husband takes a longer run than expected, i could see where he is and that he is ok (still moving).  Or if he hasn’t come back i could go pick him up.   

There is an app on the iphone called find my phone ans another called find my friends.  The one time my husband almost lost his iphone this came in handy too.

swimpmeister
Recovery Runner

I would like to cast my vote for this feature, miss it from my Android Wear old watches. 

Alienpuppy
Stepping Up

My son lost his Fitbit again.  Before, I suggested the periodic and on demand buzzing to make it easier to find.  I talked to Support, and they suggested the LightBlue app for iOS, which is free.  Interestingly enough, when I searched for this app, I got two other apps, each $5.99, that use the name "Find my Fitbit" and "Fitbit Finder".  Support didn't recommend these, but I find it bad business for Fitbit to allow these apps to prey on their customers... or are they in cahoots.  This rubs me the wrong way.  And it can't be that Fitbit is unaware of these apps... they have been around for years.  I think Fitbit should show their customers some love and implement a "Fitbit tracker" in the app.  There is no reason the same functionality couldn't be added... it could even have better functionality.  LightBlue is a pretty barebones app, and it took me some fiddling to figure it out.  I was able to find the Fitbit (half buried in the sand by a slide), but seems like customers would be happier if Fitbit added this.  Or maybe they like it when people lose their Fitbit and buy another one?

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Find my Fitbit is the number one rated Fitbit finder app on android. and the only one tyatthas worked for me. 

runneals
First Steps

Utilize the massive community of fitbit users to allow others to locate lost devices or even potentially help save missing persons, like Mollie Tibbetts. This would allow a user to find their lost device without being physically near it, and could even be used to track down people in distress. Alerts could be enabled by the user or law enforcement. Could operate similar to how Trackr's Crowd Locate works.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing this idea @runneals.

Let's see what other users think about it.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Garmand has had a find my watch feature in the Vivosmart for years.  It sure does help when you know it is in Bluetooth range but can’t spot it. Once I found mine in a pocket of a pair of shorts in the laundry hamper.  Sure my Charge 3 I waterproof but I wouldn’t want run it through the spin cycle and dryer. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Yes they have, but this request is for the phone app to find your Fitbit @SunsetRunner. You might want to have posted your comment in the suggestion to find your phone

I noticed that the find phone request has 15k of votes, the request to find the tracker is barely moving with 200 votes

SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@runneals Hi! I merged your Feature Suggestion here so we can keep all ideas that are about the same altogether. Also, please feel free to vote for the following idea:

Thanks for participation in the Feature Suggestions Board!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes! My Alta HR band quickly developed cracks at the connection point and so would fall off frequently. 

Luckily I always found it. 

Good idea to set an alarm!

A beep feature would also be useful. 

Finally decided to buy another band but ended up getting an Inspire HR instead,  hoping its low profile would lessen the likelihood of the band rubber tearing at the contact point. 

zcmarpaung
First Steps

I lost my Alta HR few months ago and i think it would be great if we have a tracking device feature like find my iphone apps also we can ring it from apps. 

GraceGFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @zcmarpaung, many thanks for taking the time to share this idea with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

Status changed to: Not currently planned
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Sandella
Jogger

I've had a few friends who have lost their Fitbit. I would like to see a tracker built into the software that will tell you where your Fitbit is so you can find it. Fitbits are an investment in our health. It's so upsetting to lose it and not everyone can go get another one due to the cost. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Sandella, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

Ls90
Recovery Runner

Connect fitbit to Android auto GPS and create your own route from your cars GPS map and if device is dropped on your route you can  find your device through Android auto GPS connection or through your dashboard on fitbit, 

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Ls90 Thanks for your suggestion about connecting Fitbit to Android auto GPS to locate your Fitbit device.

I moved it to this thread because it is the same idea.

DianaThePampere
First Steps

It would be super nice if there was a way to send an alert to my Versa (or any other model) to make a loud beeping sound or something so I can locate it when it's misplaced. I have lost my Fitbit recently and I'm super frustrated because Fitbit only directs us to these "Bluetooth Finders" and they aren't reliable. My phone is somewhere close because it's updating and it's syncing. It would be helpful if they just allowed a function on the app called "Find My Fitbit" or something. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DianaThePampere, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

HeatherVLMT
First Steps

Since many Fitbit devices have silent alarm/vibration features, there should be a feature under the Help section that allows you to manually make the device vibrate from your phone when you are trying to find it, to help locate it when it's in sync range but isn't visible (between sofa cushions, under the bed, etc).

Chris854
First Steps

I'd also like a Find my Phone feature, to do the exact opposite (make the phone beep).  Or better yet, an option where if the tracker and phone lose their Bluetooth connection, both beep!

riddermark
First Steps
Many countries, Apple and Google are developing contact tracing apps. These are reliant on users carrying phones. Wearable tech, like FitBits, which are Bluetooth enabled have the same technology built in but are less likely to be put down. FitBits could log the same data, e.g. Bluetooth IDs, as these apps and augment contact tracing solutions.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @riddermark , thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to track location when wearing Fitbit products. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Paula01
First Steps
Use app on laptop/phone to find my FitBit Ionic with GPS
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Paula01, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to locate your Fitbit using the Fitbit app and GPS on your device. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.