FitBit support for Android Wear devices

Please add support for Android Wear devices to the Android Fitbit app like you did for the iPhone 5S and HTC One M8. 🙂 The current Android Wear devices (LG G Watch & Samsung Gear Live) all include step counters.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

228 Comments
BUZD
First Steps

Having both a Fitbit (Blaze) and a smartwatch running Android Wear (Huawei Watch 2), I have had some insights as to how cross compatibility would be useful.

Fitbit's sleep and step tracking is excellent and thus this is what I use my Fitbit for.

When it comes to exercises, I strap on my smartwatch as its heart rate sensor and exercise data is a lot better than the Fitbit.

The problem with the android wear is that it's native apps do not work so well with connected apps - Myfitnesspal specifically. This is where the Fitbit functions a lot better.

The perfect solution would be to allow the Fitbit app to collect data from the android wear smartwatch and perhaps combine data and it's other features.

Anyone got a similar idea?

geoff_t
Stepping Up

I'm just putting this out there, would it be such a terrible thing if Fitbit adopted Android's wearable OS.  Surely it would make sense to use a mainstream OS for more seamless app integration and account sharing between devices.  You could have an Android OS with a Fitbit skin just like Mobile phone Manufacturers put their own skin on the Android OS (Samsung Experience, HTC Sense)

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @geoff_t, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We might have to wait to see how popular this will be in the future. Keep adding your ideas here.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.