FitBit support for Android Wear devices

Please add support for Android Wear devices to the Android Fitbit app like you did for the iPhone 5S and HTC One M8. 🙂 The current Android Wear devices (LG G Watch & Samsung Gear Live) all include step counters.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

228 Comments
danwms
Base Runner

Another vote from me.

Hate having to wear two devices.

agsoreal
First Steps

Count me in as another user who would gladly pay an annual subscription fee to be able to use my Moto 360 with Fitbit. I think the company could reach consumers who aren't using fitbit at all and make a profit from it.

BiGBaD
First Steps

I've been a Fitbit user for a long time. I now have a android watch, would still like to compete in the challenges with friends using my smartwatch. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My vote as well

jean15paul
First Steps

Yes! This is the dream. I currently wear an Android Wear Smartwatch on my left wrist and a Fitbit on my right wrist. I wish Fitbit would make an Android Wear smartwatch so I could only wear one device. Android Wear is a platform open to any manufacturer, so Fitbit could build one. Fitbit can add their proprietary software for step and fitness tracking and rely on Android Wear for notifications and third-party apps. This would be a very compelling device. I would definitely buy it.

imacmillan
First Steps

To me Fitbit is more of a community than a commodity. Personally, I would be willing to pay a $5 monthly fee for the ability to keep my community regardless of device. 

Henryjw40
First Steps

I also want this. I've been saving up to by a smart watch, probably going with the LG watch sport. I would like to see fitbit comptibility and would pay to be able to use my smartwatch as my tracker in the fitbit community. Please please please!

docdriza
Jogger

I would love to be able to have my smart watch sync with the fitbit dasboard.

I have the Charge HR and would still love to use it when I work out and sleep. Then I would use my smartwatch when I'm not working out or sleeping.I have no problem switching between the two devices, but wearing them at the same time is a little bothersome. Like a few other posters I also have 2+ years of data that I would prefer to not get rid of.

The other option that I haven't seen is being able to import data from Samsung or Google. If they can figure that out then I'll still be happy. 

I'm assuming that since no one from fitbit had replied on this, they either don't know this thread exists, or are ignoring it. 

Jmason155
First Steps

I cant believe there isnt a fitbit app for Android wear yet.

63holden
First Steps

I would like this feature as well

I would be more likely to remain a fitbit user if they had android wear intergration

lachula03177
First Steps

Yes, please add!!! 

This has my vote!

kevin7
Base Runner

Please add android wear support as requested for years now.  Also please add an android wear 2 complication/subdial for fitbit steps.

https://developer.android.com/wear/preview/features/complications.html

https://developer.android.com/reference/android/support/wearable/complications/package-summary.html

how-to-add-complications-to-your-watch-face-on-android-wear-2-0

Android-Wear-2.0-Complications

ChiefChilli
Jogger

This get's my vote too! Just add a bit more... I want to download the App onto an Android Smart Watch and have it integrate with my iPhone App! I don't want much do I?! But I don't think it should be too difficult in this day and age...

I see this thread started over 2.5 years ago. Do I assume this feature is not coming then? I'd have thought 2.5 years is time enough to make a decision... In the UK we will have had 2 general elections, a Scottish vote for independence and Brexit all covered off! 🙂

Clrcopy
First Steps

Please add Android wear support to fitbit!

SosYourFace
First Steps

No updates on this?  Like some other users here my FitBit hardware has gone wonky, Aria scale included.  If FitBit doesn't get on the boat I suppose I'll just abandon them altogether once the Aria really does die and adopt some other wifi capable scale that works with Google fit.

Kbboykin
Recovery Runner

Please add this feature.  I agree lately my Aria scale has gone haywire.  Left fitbit once and came back with the Charge 2, but considering leaving again.  AW integration would keep me!

Jmason155
First Steps
my fitbit one has now officially died. I will not be getting another one.
so what is your answer Fitbit? do you want me to abandon you entirely? why
not just have an app for Android wear or at least for phones??
Jmason155
First Steps
my fitbit one has now officially died. I will not be getting another one.
so what is your answer Fitbit? do you want me to abandon you entirely? why
not just have an app for Android wear or at least for phones??
PaPaMonkey
First Steps

Would also love to see Fitbit as an app for Android Wear or as a complication for Wear 2.0. I have found the Fitbit to be more convenient as a pocket device (my Fitbit One) and use my Android Wear Watch. I am not interested in getting any Fitbit band style device. I don't always have my phone on me when moving so I loose those  steps but not on my Fitbit One. It is amazing how tone def Fitbit has been to this issue, just play nice with others & quit trying to force all pegs into your square hole. 

Mystnart
First Steps

Please add Android wear support to fitbit!

ACMixmaster
Jogger

I love the Fitbit app and have been pretty happy with my Blaze so far, but I'd really like to get another Smartwatch and be able to sync the data from that onto my already existing profile.

jean15paul
First Steps

I don't believe the solution here is for fitbit to allow Android Wear to feed step/activity data into the fitbit. Fitbit is a hardware company and this discourages people from buying fitbit hardware. Rather, the solution is for fitbit to make a Android Wear smartwatch. Obviously fitbit isn't going to abandon their operating system in favor of Android Wear. But offering one or two models that run Android Wear is a great compromise and a great opportunity to sell to people who want an Android Wear smartwatch. This is the same thing that Polar does with the Polar M600. I would definitely buy one immediately!

TheH0g4n
Jogger

It would be awesome to see the Blaze take advantage of the Android Wear API when connected to Android devices just like the Pebble does. What I mean is support for things like:

1. Individual notification dismiss reflection between Blaze and phone.
  2. Sync with Do Not Disturb schedule with the ability to toggle it on/off (the Blaze has this locally already).
  3. View on the Blaze to see upcoming calendar appointments.

Thanks.

TheH0g4n
Jogger

For some reason the 'Blaze' label is missing from the available options so I put this under the 'Mobile App' label.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.