Fitbit Ace/Ace2 receive message, cheers and emoji

Fitbit needs to add text message notifications to the Ace. It doesn't make sense to have only call notifications. There are many kids with iPod touches and iPads that communicate with text messaging years before they get a phone. Also, there are 13+ year olds with adult accounts that have small wrists so they would buy an Ace and would certainly make use of this. Please add more notification options on the next firmware update. Thank you

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

25 Comments
Julia_G
Ultramarathon Racer

Many kids use text more than voice calls, and many parents encourage this to limit the time the phone is glued to the ear (even though there is no good evidence that cell phones cause brain tumours, this seems a sensible precaution to me).  Adding text messages to the Ace would be fun for the kids and likely healthy for them too.  No reason not to!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Mirage913, thanks for your suggestion. It would be a really cool feature for kids. It might become in a very popular request, so watch this space for updates.

Parents_rus
Jogger

Will there be a feature added soon that will allow for text notifications on the aces? I have purchased 2 for my kids for Xmas, but was hoping they would have the text notification so they can at least see my messages, even if they can’t reply. 

Goldsounds
First Steps

Please add text to ace, my child has an iPod touch, because she can text us from school WiFi. Text is all we use, please add this feature. The calls for kids is useless to us.

thanks!

mompartyofthree
First Steps

I agree with the others, text message on the Ace would be benefit my child.  

Mel2435
First Steps

Just upgraded to the Charge 3 and love the added features but have to say there really does need to be a way to increase the font size.  Really don't want to have to find my reading glasses every time I need to look at it.  Would gladly give up some of the info screens if need be to have a bigger font.  PLEASE.   

PhillyGirl315
First Steps

Just bought my daughter the Ace for Christmas. So so very disappointed that it doesn’t have text alerts!! Definitely won’t be buying any more for my 3 other children unless they add text notifications. 

lynette1roberts
First Steps

Please update the Ace so parents can send a message directly to their children’s Ace.  This would be a great feature for children who do not have a cell phone.   

Steph2136695
First Steps

I probably would have not purchased the Ace for my child had I noticed that it did not allow text alerts. 

Crazywithkids
First Steps

I’d love to see a text feature on the Fitbit Ace. Both of my kids received them as Christmas gifts and it would be nice to be able to text them throughout the day. Please consider this Fitbit!!! It would be helpful to a lot of parents. 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lynette1roberts, thanks for taking the time to share your idea with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

lynette1roberts
First Steps

Please tell me how to turn this feature on.   I really want to use it. 

LittleDMama
First Steps

Please update to add text messaging for the Ace! My daughter got this for christmas and loves it! But what a let down no texts... that’s all she gets! Barely any phone calls. Very dissappointed.

lynette1roberts
First Steps

I agree. My grandson we are raising got one for Christmas too!  So disappointed that he can’t get messages! 

MRayner
First Steps

Where is Fitbit!  We should be able to sent a short text message. You can push little messages of encouragement, why cant we? Please include this feature.  Thank you

Tysonxy
First Steps

My son has a Fitbit Ace and we’ve discovered he can’t receive messages on his Fitbit from his phone. It would be great if that got added. He can get a notification if someone calls but not a text message. It seems like an oversight that it’s not an option. But it seems a very easy thing to add. I hope this feature can be added. 

I would not have bought this one if I knew it didn’t have this feature. 

Sandboks
First Steps

Can the Ace Fitbit for kids at least receive notifications that their smartphone has received a text? The product description says it can but the comparison page says it cannot. Both features make sense for kids 8+ that are not old enough for their own phone but own at least one touchscreen device. 1)Receive messages when a synced device is nearby, 2) receive notifications of a text when a device is nearby. 

Twokeelya
Jogger

I’m definatally returning the charge 3, can’t read heart rate and steps. What’s up Fitbit? Who’s great idea was it to make a watch and add little fonts for stats. I already have a watch, spcould have saved 140.00. What a waste

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Nlaub84
First Steps
I really want to send my son a cheer or an emoji 👏👍👋👌❤, or a short message every now and then.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nlaub84, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to receive message, cheers and emojis on Fitbit Ace and Ace 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Val_1980
Jogger
Enable the ace 2 to receive messages. It doesn’t make sense for the children who use these devices to only receive call notifications when most of them will not even own a phone. Receiving messages would be a fun way for parents to interact with their child, and to praise their activity.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Val_1980, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see receive messages, cheers and emojis on Fitbit Ace/Ace2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

MMartin01
First Steps
I thought the cheers and messages would show directly on the watch. If my child had constant access to a regular phone/iPad device, I would simply text them regularly. No point in sending messages through the app when they can’t just look at the watch to see the message…kind of dumb.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MMartin01, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to receive cheers and messages directly on Fitbit Ace 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.