Fitbit Journal - Notes on online and app dashboard

How about a space in the app for a daily note. I would like to be able to leave a note on the daily results page. So that if results are high or low I would know why when looking back. IE: was I sick so my daily results were very low or were they extra good and for what reason? In sure folks would have lots of reasons to look back at results and would want to know what was what at that time. Ted

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

726 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cleigh66, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Cfrank85
Jogger

For any 'log details' like in the heart rate monitor or female health app, the situation/symptom options in the 'log details' just don't give a whole picture as to what may be occurring. If there was an option to free text, we could log details like a journal in addition to those options to paint a clearer picture. 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cfrank85, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding text on the journal with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

MathiasT
First Steps

It would be fantastic if you could add notes per day in the app. These notes could be how your health today was or something special you did

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MathiasT, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about being able to add notes in the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

CatherineR27
Jogger

I use the charge 3 fitbit to track my daily activities.  Was wondering if there is a way to attach a file/image (screen shot from another app), etc. instead of manually typing in the description?  In this case, my daily gym workouts (ie) weights used / # reps / times / etc.   Would be very helpful when tracking progress, and knowing what the actual workout descriptors are for that particular day.  

Anyone know if there is a way to attach a file / pic to that specific day/activity?  If not, can you vote on this so that it gets noticed, and possibly added in future revisions.  Thanks much!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CatherineR27, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Luanne_p
First Steps

As someone who is just starting out on an exercise regime, i feel it would be advantageous for there to be a diary aspect on the dashboard. I would love to be able to record how i'm feeling or any other information i feel pertinent to my fitness on the same platform as where i log my food and other information.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Luanne_p, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding a diary aspect on the dashboard. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

JDHav
Recovery Runner

A couple of years ago I asked for a way to add notes to the dashboard to allow better record keeping. My suggestion was essentially dismissed, but since then I keep getting emails that say my suggestion has been appended to with somebody else asking for the same thing. I see that hundreds of people have shown support for it, yet Fitbit steadfastly refuses to even entertain the feature. Isn’t it time to get off your butts and provide the feature that so many of your customers want? It really shouldn’t be too difficult to do (and I say this as a career programmer). Shame on Fitbit for letting this go unfulfilled for so long!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JDHav, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option with Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SarahEM1975
Jogger

Could a free text notes box be available for each day on the app.    This could be used  for example to:

1   Record why exercise low

2.  Why calorie intake high

3  why sleep bad

It would be a useful reference to user when looking back on successful/poor days weeks.  

zaacckb
Recovery Runner

This is a great idea!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SarahEM1975, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add notes on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Swainy10
Jogger
When you are looking at previous exercises, it is hard to compare between two exercises. It would be great if the weather could be added, as this would be a big factor in running times ect. It would also be great to add notes ie: I had a leg injury half way through the run, hence the longer run time...
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Swainy10, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add weather notes on exercises. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

RickNToronto
First Steps
Add details Adding feature to main device (iPhone android etc) app. Limit to 500 characters but allow plan and execution records. Significantly adds to athlete engagement and makes a sustained training tool for performance... also allows community (and even bragging) development... huge add ... and puts Fitbit in Am and Pro leagues.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RickNToronto, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add workout details on the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

A.Potter89
First Steps
Under the Stress Management section, when entering reflections, a small text box would be useful in the "How are you feeling?" section. Ex "work" or "tired, didn't sleep well".

Customizable workout logs. Logging specific exercises and details; ie reps, weight
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @A.Potter89, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a Fitbit Journal with notes for exercises. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

LPCoder
Recovery Runner
An area where users can write brief information daily that might effect their health. Things like: a death in the family, starting medication, chemotherapy, intermittent fasting...
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LPCoder. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a journal available in the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Aswartz89
First Steps
Set as a tile on the Today screen. Members could add a custom input field and select an icon that would show on the tile.
The subtext would say the last value entered and time of day (for the day)
Multiple custom tiles could be added.
Other views from these tiles would display value and date over time. These metrics integrate with all fitbit data.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Aswartz89, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add custom input fields on Today. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

whereismycat
First Steps
An area to put notes about the day. Such as "I had a migraine today, no workout.". Or "cheat day". Or " danced all night". Or "worked double shift". When I go back and look at my days it would be helpful to record such data.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.