Fitbit Journal - Notes on online and app dashboard

How about a space in the app for a daily note. I would like to be able to leave a note on the daily results page. So that if results are high or low I would know why when looking back. IE: was I sick so my daily results were very low or were they extra good and for what reason? In sure folks would have lots of reasons to look back at results and would want to know what was what at that time. Ted

Moderator Edit: Title & Labels

726 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @whereismycat, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to add notes related to your daily activities on your Fitbit account with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

_HeyHeather_
First Steps
I’d like a spot on my main dashboard to free text notes. I take my blood pressure daily and sometimes have other habits I’d like to note where I can see the information with my recorded stats
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Being able to record when we start a new medication would also be very helpful in being able to track results.  A general notes section would be really helpful in a multitude of ways - please add this soon!!!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @_HeyHeather_, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a section on the Fitbit app to include general notes along with your stats with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. While it's not currently planned, our team left voting open to keep tracking this request over time. Please don't forget to click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

lewismarke
Jogger
Add a journal function so that we can enter non-food items such as medications or supplements in order to monitor how they affect our sleep or other metrics. For example, if I take an allergy pill before bed, how does it affect my sleep, if I take magnesium to help relax or fall asleep, what changes can I notice in my heart rate or other metrics?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lewismarke, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a Fitbit Journal to take notes on online and app dashboard. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

MarkDeVries
Recovery Runner
Hi,
I would love to be able to add a note to my day in order to jot down some additional info to the data as presented by the app. I looked through the app but have not been able to find a section to do that. Or is there a workaround know ?
Kind regards,
Mark
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MarkDeVries, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

jjcandle
First Steps
there should be a daily notes section with free typing. You can look back to a day with low activity or see why you didn't hit your goals and your note states you were sick that day.
TaniaRyl
Strider

Yes, 

it would be great if the application had notes, a diary

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jjcandle for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding notes on the Fitbit app to track what happened specific day. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Vaira
First Steps
Provide ability to choose journaling feature and also custom make the journal and in the reports show how the journal entry affects sleep ; eg taking magnesium, alcohol, watching TV, walking, late exercise affect the sleep - does the REM and Deep sleep change based on the journal feature
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Vaira, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of adding a journaling feature. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Temporary
Recovery Runner
It would be helpful to be able to add a free text note to a day. This would help me identify trends. For example I might look at days where I have exceeded my calorie goal and see if my comments can provide an insight as to why this is occurring e.g. I might find that this often occurs on days where I visit my mother.
LokeAa
Distance Runner

Something wrong with this one?

Add_A_Note.jpg

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding being able to add notes on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Hello, I would love to see a widget that I can add to my daily tracker screen on the FitBit app for general notes/journal.
There are things that I need to track about my health that don't fit into the other categories. It would be great to be able to open a note widget and enter things such as (a) tracking the variety of plant material I'm eating
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tiffanyhenfling, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a journal/notes section available on the Fitbit app with us. I noticed this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

ZammotheMaltesa
First Steps
The App should allow personal notes to be added daily since these affect the scores eg. medication
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ZammotheMaltesa, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a section on the Fitbit app to log personal notes with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

RedRob8
First Steps
Don't see capability to make notes in app for logging helpful information. Don't want to use separate apps to log. Especially if I am going to keep Premium and pay extra, should have notes feature. I don't feel like Premium gives me much more and will likely not renew.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @RedRob8, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to make notes on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

DebGL
First Steps

Would it be possible to add a musing / journaling feature so that I can reflect each day on my nutrition and exercise successes as well as write to relate my level of wellness each day to the activities or food I am eating?  Thanks

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DebGL, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about adding a musing or journaling feature to the Fitbit app with us. It seems this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Engchick01
First Steps
We need section on dashboard for notes or to tag certain things.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.