Fitbit app available on iPad

While the iPhone app can be downloaded on the iPad, I would like to see an iPad app built out as well.

iPhone Only apps are clunky on the iPad, and can only be viewed in portrait.  I only like using my iPad in landscape unless I am reading, and the standard iPad cases/covers are built for landscape use when in standing mode.

I would imaging the iPad app to be much more in-depth and versatile than the iPhone app, since the setting allows for more space and usability.  Sure, I can log into the website from my iPad to get to my dashboard, but I love my more portable devices and having a nice looking app that integrates well and is convenient to access with just one-click.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Do not reward yourself with food. You're not a dog.
113 Comments
RPW1958
Recovery Runner
Strongly agree. Let's have an iPad app already!!!!

Sent from my iPhone
TB5918
Base Runner

Please please PLEASE release a dedicated iPad app, or at the very least, allow the iPhone app to be viewed in landscape mode.

RPW1958
Recovery Runner

Landscape mode is the very minimum we need.  I want to see the full PC-type functinality on an iPad.  I don't understand why it is such a problem to achieve this...

Mrtibor
First Steps
Yes I own an iPad and would love to see a native iPad version of the App!!
lrplumley
Jogger
An iPad app would be awesome, especially if it syncs across devices.
techype
First Steps
Surely Fitbit will make one. Well thats what Ive been thinking for a few years. It would definitely be nice if there was a version for iPad because I sync with my ipad which is ok but the app looks clunky on ipad. Please add this!
Lorne
First Steps
It's almost 2016, time for "landscape". My keyboard case is landscape and I use the fitbit app by turning my head 90 degrees sideway. Most apps these days will rotote with the iPad. I try using the full website from the ipad, but only the app will sync. Would truly appreciate an update to "landscape".
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Not sure if it will even help to post a request for an iPad specific app. Seems to be falling on deaf ears for the past few years. Is this Fitbit-spite vs. Apple since they released the Apple Watch? Keep ignoring us. Please. Apple Watch pricing keeps looking better and better.
alarsen77
Jogger

I completely agree, an iPad app would be wonderful. It is a big drawback to only be able to use the app on my iPhone. I know I can use the iPhone app on my iPad but it is just not a good experience at all. 

Infabula
Stepping Up
Really? No iPad app... Well at least you could not use flash in the panel... One or another could allow to have a better experience with the product!
parvaneh
Recovery Runner

I agree, it is definitley time for an ipad app please.

RPW1958
Recovery Runner

The first post in this thread goes back to January 2014.  It now has 173 likes.  Come ON, Fitbit!!!!!!

Glockman
First Steps

I agree on the portrait / landscape mode for the app.... I use my iPad (pro) in Landscape mode, but the app doesn't support it. Would like to see the ability to incorporate auto-portrait or landscape mode based on the orientation of whatever device it is being used on. I have a keypad for the iPad pro and it won't change modes. (Hard to type sideways!) Update soon, please??

timbola
First Steps

Idd Ipad app plz.

Iphone app one ipad looks bad. It cant be too hard to view the dashboard on PC on yr iPad.

Develop it plz

Snowtgrr
Jogger
I believe we need an iPad specific app as well. But allowing the app to be viewed in landscape would go far for me at this time. I am going to switch to the Apple Watch so I'll be able to give you a more precise answer at that time.
TB5918
Base Runner

Users have been asking for this for years.

It's pretty clear now that Fitbit could care less about giving us an iPad app.

Andrew-B
Jogger
I also suggest that a future iPad app have a substantial amount of detail and options to it. I suggest a bottom tab for the community section so chatting on a forum is more fluid. As well as another section on nutrition, that could easily be expanded on buying the premium membership to include cooking videos and snack suggestions.
Malem
First Steps
I agree a app for the iPad would be a major improvement over the iPhone app and the web site
Barkavious
First Steps
Yes to an iPad app! It is crazy that after all this time there is no app for the iPad. I get tired of turning my iPad sideways to use the iPhone app.
Snowtgrr
Jogger
Yes it would! Even if one could look at making it rotate for landscape viewing would be fantastic news just as a fantastic first start,

Patty

Sent from my iPad
octaviolpz
First Steps
IPad app, please!
suminad
Recovery Runner
Please. Please. Please. Please.please......... Please!

Sent from dan-at-thepickle-dot-com
etana_f
Recovery Runner

Just bought my first iPad and was shocked that this major Fitbit company has not developed the iPad app. 

I had an Ulta, Flex, now Alta

I gifted a Zip, 3 Flexes to family/friends

I recommend the wearables.

Come on Fitbit, this is shocking to read 2 years of requests for AN APP. Not that difficult. and not that expensive considering how successful Fitbit has become in the past 4 years.

Etana from Maryland, US

I agree need one for the iPad
rappr
First Steps
Seems insane there is still no iPad app after all these years
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.