Fitbit app available on iPad

While the iPhone app can be downloaded on the iPad, I would like to see an iPad app built out as well.

iPhone Only apps are clunky on the iPad, and can only be viewed in portrait.  I only like using my iPad in landscape unless I am reading, and the standard iPad cases/covers are built for landscape use when in standing mode.

I would imaging the iPad app to be much more in-depth and versatile than the iPhone app, since the setting allows for more space and usability.  Sure, I can log into the website from my iPad to get to my dashboard, but I love my more portable devices and having a nice looking app that integrates well and is convenient to access with just one-click.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Do not reward yourself with food. You're not a dog.
113 Comments
Snowtgrr
Jogger
No kidding. I'm usually on my iPad and it is a pain to switch to my phone to accept challenges and such!

Sent from my iPad
pocketbird4
Base Runner

Hi!

Please upgrade the available compatibility IOS devices to include the iPad Pro. Thank You!

Boogierun
Recovery Runner
Just put the one for the phone app on it. That's what I use. I've not had any problems with it. Hope this helps.
pocketbird4
Base Runner
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone
Chantalize
Jogger

A longtime Android user, I recently bought an Ipad Pro for some features it offers than Android doesn't. But I'm already feeling like I sold out to the enemy! It isn't intuitive for me, but worse yet, I'm reading all these posts about Fitbit not being optimized etc. for the Pro. I have trouble logging into my account on the Ipad, with keyboard switching from Swype on the password, to Ipad keyboard on the Username. So I can't log in. Further, I'm wondering if I have to make a choice between my Android phone/Samsung Tablet OR the Ipad for syncing Fitbit. Yikes, I'm confused.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Yes, we need an iPad app!!!
honglong1976
Sprinter

agreed!

ClassicQuilter
First Steps

I know most people probably sync their fitbit to a phone, by I use my ipad.  Can they please make the app switch to landscape mode.

Shelzer32
Jogger

Is there still no iPad app?

tonyheath
Stepping Up

80+ users can't be wrong.  Issue an iPad app.  Join the 21st century.

2017ozlighter
First Steps

.....why is this still not a thing?? Haha 

TheOldMan2000
Jogger

Come on Fitbit! Get your act together! As a successful tech firm in 2017, it's truly bizarre how there is still no dedicated iPad app available!

The dashboard would look so much better on iPad Retina displays, and make use of the app much more intuitive and more pleasant to use than the ugly double sized iPhone app.

Edmanley
Jogger

You need an  iPad app that is better than simply the app used for iphones.  There are many health and fitness iPad apps from your competitors that are much more engaging that yours.  

mayowa
First Steps

I second the request for an iPad app.

healthy17
Base Runner

Agreed. This has been requested for years without results. Please honor all those who continue to support your products by giving us a dedicated iPad app. Thank you.

@Briley wrote:

While the iPhone app can be downloaded on the iPad, I would like to see an iPad app built out as well.

iPhone Only apps are clunky on the iPad, and can only be viewed in portrait.  I only like using my iPad in landscape unless I am reading, and the standard iPad cases/covers are built for landscape use when in standing mode.

I would imaging the iPad app to be much more in-depth and versatile than the iPhone app, since the setting allows for more space and usability.  Sure, I can log into the website from my iPad to get to my dashboard, but I love my more portable devices and having a nice looking app that integrates well and is convenient to access with just one-click.

Gazza307
Jogger

I would like to see a properly designed iPad app, the x1 & x2 options on the iPhone app just doesn’t cut it, especially on the large iPad Pro. The ability to rotate the app that just come with the iPhone app.

Bugnfrog
First Steps

I bought a new iPad so I could use a Fitbit app with my Fitbit Tracker and found out when I got home from Apple and tried to download the app that Fitbit does not have an app compatible with the iPad 5th generation. Is this being worked on by Fitbit? Thanks!!!

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

You need to download the iOS version for the phone, which is compatable. 

Of course you could add your vote to e suggestion that popped up with your search. 

Bugnfrog
First Steps
Thank you for your help! I hope that an iPad app for the 5th gen will be developed. My iPad is in a nice case with a stand that’s in landscape mode but the phone app is in portrait. I had not thought about the availability of an app before I purchased the iPad and case. Thanks for showing me the other comments! I am new to posting on FitBit.
PCPhil
Recovery Runner

Have to admit.  The iPad app for fitbit really lets the product down.  Makes it look a small start up company with no resource to make a full offering.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello, I just wanted to request an iPad specific app. The iPhone app is not proportional on the IPad and not being able to view in landscape makes me not want to use it on my Ipad. It works really well on my other devices but now that I use my IPad for pretty much everything It would be beneficial to have an app that takes advantage of the Ipad space and functionality.  Thank you for considering this request. 

Jwmuir
First Steps

I agree, you sell Fitbit devices all over the world and claim they are high tech, but you don’t have the technology savvy to allow the IOS app to rotate to landscape mode? I mean really? I can play a kid’s game on the ipad in landscape mode, but can’t view/run the Fitbit app?
Is this just being Lazy, Cheap, or do you have something against IOS users?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have finally given up on FitBit. Their devices die. They have major problems syncing. Purchasing Pebble to improve their watches? Meh! I put my last remaining Zip in a drawer and don't miss it one bit. Now, I'm using a Misfit Shine 2. Syncs flawlessly. Gives me my sleep info and it's the same size as a Zip. Their big problem? You guessed it, no iPad app. WTF is up with these companies they can't make a Universal app? This is just crazy. But, as to Fitbit, goodbye and don't let the door hit ya on the way out....

Snowtgrr
Jogger
I’ve changed to the Apple Watch! No more Fit Bit for me!

Patty

Sent from my iPad
Snowtgrr
Jogger
I’m on my Apple Watch. So i left Fit Bit as well!

Patty

Sent from my iPad
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.