Fitbit app available on iPad

While the iPhone app can be downloaded on the iPad, I would like to see an iPad app built out as well.

iPhone Only apps are clunky on the iPad, and can only be viewed in portrait.  I only like using my iPad in landscape unless I am reading, and the standard iPad cases/covers are built for landscape use when in standing mode.

I would imaging the iPad app to be much more in-depth and versatile than the iPhone app, since the setting allows for more space and usability.  Sure, I can log into the website from my iPad to get to my dashboard, but I love my more portable devices and having a nice looking app that integrates well and is convenient to access with just one-click.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Do not reward yourself with food. You're not a dog.
113 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please revise the Fitbit app so that it can rotate the view from vertical to horizontal.  When I am viewing the app on my iPad it is useful to be able to switch the app view from vertical to horizontal.

blackboab
First Steps

We are still waiting on a dedicated ipad app!

the scaled up iphone app looks terrible on an ipad pro. It is high time we had a dedicated app for the ipad. 

Please

hs100789
Base Runner

Really Fitbit? It's half way through 2018 and you STILL don't have an iPad app? People have been asking for this for YEARS. The iPhone app looks absolutely horrible on the iPad.

JD71
Keeping Pace

After so many years it would be nice to finally have the iPhone App optimised for the iPad to take advantage of the bigger screen, higher resulting etc, can’t beleive this still hasn’t been implemented, a real pai as often can see less using the FitBit App in an iPad. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Redclaw
First Steps

Please create a full iPad application with landscape mode. The iPhone app is okay but limited by its orientation and UI screen space. I always keep my iPad locked in landscape mode and not allowing the Fitbit app to be viewed in landscape is often times frustrating.

DavidMcAfee
Keeping Pace

Hi

Just thought I would share a feature suggestion. I came across the Windows 10 Fitbit app and found the layout to be quite pleasant. I wanted to suggested porting a similar layout to the iOS app for iPad.

At the moment, the iPad app layout is just an inflated version of the iPhone app. I think the dashboard layout approach (like in the Windows 10 app) would enable a much richer user experience.

Thank you

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion. I hope it will get many votes.

scbeme
First Steps

Would like to see an iPad Fitbit app with landscape mode to make data entry and review much easier and enjoyable. Would likely increase your user community’s usage and enjoyment of Fitbit including using more of the Fitbit app features. For me, I’d likely be less interested in switching to an Apple Watch which supports the iPad. Many iPhone users no longer use a PC and prefer their iPad with a similar interface for apps such as Fitbit which are routinely used also with our iPhone.  Why would I want to suffer with Windows 10 and a new/different interface? Way too cumbersome to startup Windows and log and/or review data. 

Thank you.

LizPalmer
Jogger

I agree with Fitbit reprogrammed to work in landscape for iPads. I use my iPad on the treadmill and it is not steady in portrait. Additionally every other app works in both mode. Why would Fitbit insist on having work only in portrait. I had to search a bit to find this forum. I am guessing that all iPad owners would agree. I feel very deserted by Fitbit techs. 

Samanthagrant
Jogger

Fitbit has a long way to go. This would be a small step in the right direction. Please, please release an appropriate app for iPad...

BDHolmstedt
Recovery Runner
Please make the IOS Fitbit app scale correctly for iPads. I own an iPad Mini 2 running IOS 12 connected to my OG Versa and it runs the Fitbit app fine but it is scaled to an iPhone so it looks weird and is a bit buggy. If Fitbit could make their app scaled for iPhones and iPads, that would be amazing and would please many users including me!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BDHolmstedt and @DavidMcAfee, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use the Fitbit app with iPad view. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.