Fitbit sleep score in Web API

As overall sleep score is shown to everyone, irrespective of whether they are premium user or not, it makes sense to add this field into the Web API response. Please prioritize this accordingly.

Thanks

6 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
GordonFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Developer
Fitbit Developer

Thank you @srtninc for submitting this feature request.  We are tracking interest for this feature.

Iain_K
Tempo Runner

Plus one for adding sleep score data to the dashboard options, with monthly/ annual bar graphs perhaps.   Sleep data used to show population averages for the different phases, but that chart seems to have gone?  Id like that back, but an average sleepscore for the population would be interesting to see too, even if it appears to be a largely meaningless number.

lwasser
First Steps

Hi - the FitBit API is useful as it allows me to grab my data and look at it which is not currently possible via the fitbit online or phone app. I want to analyze my own data in terms of heart rate, sleep etc and the tools available in the app are not flexible enough for me to do so and are black box to me in terms of how they are calculated in the app.

The sleep response from the APi provides a lot of information available in the non paid app - i did pay for my fitbit and the data are my data in theory. The sleep score is in the APP as well but i would like to plot my sleep score against other metrics that I collect including what i eat, how much i train etc which are all stored via other apps and tools. There is a strong use case for me to put this all together to paint a better picture of my overall health which is why i bought the fitbit to begin with. It shouldn't be hard to add another data value to the API response that is sleep score (in addition to sleep efficiency which is there). I would like to be able to fully access my data from the API rather than having to download csv files which is inefficient. thank you for considering this upgrade. I am someone who is contemplating a move to a new / difference device that provides better access to the data it collects (about me!). data access is important.

C-Aust
First Steps

Affirm. Agree with premium or not.  People buy a watch for their sleep data. The nightly score is part of what they pay for. Premium can add other nice conveniences and extensions.  Nightly sleep score, however it is calculated, is basic to "purpose" of original purchase. 

Separately to this forum, I have advocated for the sleep score to be listed in the table on the weekly monthly premium data page as well.  

I am not sure why customers have to argue or beg for such self evident - my information on me - why I bought the watch.   

Welcome as a customer that has bought one of our vehicles.  Nice isn't it.  You can make suggestions for improvements on our forum site. Here, vote on the customer suggestion of fitted seats in the vehicle. What a nice add on idea. 

No - its basic to what your buying.  "Fit for purpose" is the concept.

Aldo1029
Jogger

Any update on when additional fields such as Sleep Score are going to be made available through the API?  Seems odd to provide every other sleep related data endpoint but not score, which is shown in the App?  Why is there a roadblock for release?

rdamm
First Steps

Would be great to see this pop up in the API.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.