Friends Daily/Weekly Step Count on App and graph

I think a welcomed addition to the friends profile across all apps would be the ability to see a friend's daily step count.  This would be useful when "chasing" a friend down.  Smiley Happy

Other user data such as, distance, active minutes, pictures and other information that person has set to share with friends would be nice as well.

Idealy the user would be able to slide through previous days like you can on your personal dashboard view

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/ Edited Labels

354 Comments
rebeccabr
Recovery Runner

I love the 7-day ranking and use it as challenge to catch up or beat my friends, but I think a daily ranking would be even greater of a challenge.  I often log onto the website to view my friends daily steps.  Is it possible to have this on the dashboard or app?  

Amy74
Jogger
Totally agree!!! Want to compete with a friend at work but can't tell.
kimrbutler
First Steps
I would really like to see my friends daily total so I can compete daily with them. It would provide me more motivation each day.
JennBorg
First Steps

I agree too! +1 for this! Really hoping it's in the next update! Daily friend totals would be so fun. 

Sbower2
Jogger

Agreed.  Can you please add daily steps into the app.  I would love to see daily steps instead of weekly!!  Thansk

Sbower2
Jogger

Agreed daily is better!!

@ToddSteever wrote:

I would love to be able to see my friends daily step count rather than their total or average. What way we can accurately modivate/taunt each other without having to remember their previous totals/averages.

NeenD1966
Stepping Up

i like the idea of daily step totals for friends then we can compete/motivate each other.  Ideally on the front page next to friends rather than 7 day average.

jbthom
Jogger

Please consider a feature that would allow sharing "daily" steps with friends instead of just seven day total

J-M
First Steps

This is a great idea. I'd love to be able to compete with daily step counts instead of an average.

CheChristi
Recovery Runner
Daily! That's the way to go
ronscopes
Jogger
Why not get the team off their asses ? We present a good idea that makes sense and everyone likes and nothing gets changed. Why isn't it changed already ?
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

This is a great suggestion! We'll be sure to pass this along to our team. 

ikellymm
Jogger

Hoping that more people saying "I want this too" will help motivate the fitbit people to add this feature. I specifically logged on to the forums on my computer just to find out if I can change my app display to include friends daily steps, not weekly.  I want to know how they are doing for the DAY.  That we can motiviate each other and send messages to encourage each other more if we see that day's stats being low. I dont really care about their weekly stats.  PLEASE implement the phone mobile app to show friends' daily steps instead of the weekly total (or keep both, but ADD DAILY!).

thanks.

NANiAM
Recovery Runner

I am so glad to see I am not the only one that would like to see this. Also I would like to see my comments I write back to them. 

pengebretson
First Steps

Come on Fitbit!  The inability to see my friends daily steps is a terrible oversight.  I am coming over from the Jawbone Up, and I can tell you that the ability to quickly view my friends daily totals was a huge motivator for me. 

This would be a very simple change to implement.

suejane
Stepping Up

I agree entirely.  I would MUCH rather see daily steps of my friends...what better motivater than that!!  Come on fitbit...step up to the challenge.

Fit1965
First Steps

I agree with all of the prior comments. I don't find any if the other information particularly useful on the Fitbit app. The lack of meausrement for daily steps is why I continue to reach out to third party apps. I was very disappointed to see that this feature was not included when others like Jawbone provide it. Time to catch up to the competition! Other than that, I love my Fitbit.

Sprk
First Steps

I would also like to see friends daily steps

vnoseworthy
First Steps

My sister and I both bought the fitbit thinking that we would be able to view each others daily steps.  Disappointed this is not an option on the app; would really love to see this added.

Smh1616
Stepping Up
It would be great to see how my friends are doing on a daily basis, in addition to their 7-day average via theinole app. That way I know whether to "taunt" or "cheer" them on without having to check the dashboard online. A percentage of (daily) goal would do the trick also.
sz1
Jogger

Being able to see friends daily steps is a must.  If it can be done in Windows, why not on the I-pad!

FrannieP
First Steps
Come on fitbit!!! Give us the daily count!! Easier to taunt daily rather than weekly.
willwhitworth
Recovery Runner

Adding a Daily Steps option to the Leaderboard would be a fantastic addition. Among my friends, we find it much more motivational to compete daily, rather than weekly. It can be quite discouraging to see someone have a high weekly step count and feel like you can never catch them. Being able to start fresh every day is much more motivational. You already have the data. Please just add the option for those that want to use it!

hayleywhitworth
First Steps

I would definitely use this!

codywalker
First Steps

I agree with all of these posts. Please add this as soon as possible!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.