Friends Daily/Weekly Step Count on App and graph

I think a welcomed addition to the friends profile across all apps would be the ability to see a friend's daily step count.  This would be useful when "chasing" a friend down.  Smiley Happy

Other user data such as, distance, active minutes, pictures and other information that person has set to share with friends would be nice as well.

Idealy the user would be able to slide through previous days like you can on your personal dashboard view

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity/ Edited Labels

354 Comments
jtw9301
Jogger

I second this idea! The competitive aspect of the Fitbit keeps me motivated! I now find myself taking the furthest parking spot available!

ToddSteever
Recovery Runner

I would love to be able to see my friends daily step count rather than their total or average. What way we can accurately modivate/taunt each other without having to remember their previous totals/averages.

debbieanne
First Steps

I agree!

Shermlinda
First Steps

Is there a place to have my friends see my Daily Steps instead of a weekly progression?  My fellow friends want to be able to compete on a daily basis instead of weekly.

Maybe somebody know how to change a setting in our profiles?

Thx!

RipTide
Base Runner

My buddy's are very competitive and the ability to see each others actual daily step count (NOT the 7 day average) would greatly increase motivation and competition. This also applies to the other stats. Please Add this ASAP!

jennfit22
First Steps

agreed, I would rather see a friends daily step then theoretical weekly progress.  and what starts and ends a week anyway?

Crf
First Steps

I agree. Ned to be able to see friends step, calories, etc in the app not just on website. 

Sandra_B
Recovery Runner

Personally, I would love the option of being able to see both views.... 7 day and daily.

Sandra_B
Recovery Runner

Now that I (sort of) understand the 7-day roll-over of step stats, I kind of like it.  I didn't at first.  Nonetheless, I would still love the ability to see my own and my friends' daily step counts in addition to the 7-day count.

AmberCarrillo
Jogger

I agree I would LOVE to be able to see daily step count on the friends instead of just a 7 day. You need to make sure all your friends are starting on the same day and then if you forget to put your fitbit on you get behind on the 7 day count. I thought alot of people brought this up last year but maybe not.

AmberCarrillo
Jogger

Yep I like this one! Would be more competitive if it was every day not just a 7 day rolling.

angelar76
Jogger

I would like the Friends Feature on the IOS mobile App to show me daily step counts of my friends not just rolling 7.  I would like to be able to challenge them daily or at least reset to 0 at the beginning of the week and have all week to beat them.  The only way I can see my friends daily stats is to log into the website which totally defeats the purpose of syncing and using the mobile app.  Right now I have to guestimate based on how much the weeks average is if my friends are beating me in the current day.

Please enhance features for challenging and seeing friends stats on the mobile app so we can have more fun!!  There's lots of room to put those numbers on the existing format and my friends sync thru out the day so that isnt an issue.

Sparklywalk
First Steps
Logged on just to vote for this too !!! It would be great to see my friends daily steps!!! Also I wish my force buzzed at me when my friends cheer or taunt me!
NANiAM
Recovery Runner

I would like to see how many steps my friends are doing each day not just for the week. This would be very helpful in cheering them on and other things. From the app Smiley Happy I would also like to see our replys when we answer them. 

GadgetMOnster
Base Runner
I posted this very same idea on facebook today lol. The dashboard and app shows the step count for the last 7 days but it wpuld be so good to see the daily step count. In my case this would be very motivational as I could push myself just to equal or better my friends 🙂 At the moment its very cumbersome as I have to vist each of my friends profile to see their step count for today. May be you could provide us with last 7 days, current week and daily leader boards?
gcasey
Recovery Runner

I agree I have friends who I will never catch on the weekly leader baord becuase they have treadmill desks or non-sendintary jobs, I am at my desk most of the day at work meeting with people.   But there may be days that I can compete with that person for the daily total and that can be motivational - to compete even for teh daily total on the leaderbaord not just the week.  

thank you for considering our idea.

Tokyodrifter
Jogger

Hello, I would like more tabs in the Friends section. The 7 day rolling week is not great for competing with friends. These tabs would be great in order of importance:

1. Daily steps ranking

2. Monthly steps ranking

3. Most steps in a day record ranking

4. Most active minutes in a day record ranking

If nothing else, a daily steps tab should be easy to implement and create lots of traffic to check progress between friends. 

Please vote on this!

NANiAM
Recovery Runner

Yes I want to see daily hourly steps of friends how can we cheer them on if we don't really know? Also clear out the week! I would also like to see my reply to them when they do comment to me. I understand you get lots of request please concider these 🙂

Heathernsopha
Jogger
Completely agree!! I hate my fitbit now because of the change.
meangreengirl33
First Steps

I really wish on the app and the dashboard of the computer, that you could see your friends daily steps for the day, not the 7 days.  In the app, you cannot see friends daily steps and on the computer, your have to click on the friend individually to see it.  This actually is very annoying for me because I want to start each day anew and know how my competitive self is doing compared to my friends.

gayleannette
Recovery Runner

Yeah my hubby has one very active day so he always out does my steps & it's discouraging! I beat him most days but it never looks like it!

deneseellis
Jogger

I could not agree more.  it is not often that I log onto my computer, but if I want to see any friend's stats I have to.  Having the ability to view my friends' stats from my phone would be ideal, and motiviational on a daily basis!  I think this is probably my biggest complaint about fitbit.  All other apps I have display that information & I would like to just use fitbit, but keeping up with friend requires that i keep the other apps.  😞

michelemh
First Steps

I want to see my friends steps everytime I log in to motivate them. This should not be so diffcult to talk to several people. I dont care about there weekly total, I want to see there so far today total!!

Bliener
First Steps
I would love to see the daily steps my friends are taking! I hate that you can only see the 7 day steps. It would be great to have the option for daily steps , 7 days step, and monthly steps.
blien
Jogger

I completely agree. I am too competitive and having to look at the weekly step count is annoying. It would be great to have options with your friends:  Daily Step, Weekly Step, Monthly Steps, etc.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.