Hybrid Smartwatch

I love my Blaze but sometimes miss wearing a classic looking circular, analog watch with physical hands. Hybrid smartwatches appear to be becoming more common among other brands such as Garmin, Misfit, Nokia/Withings and Fossil (a noteworthy one is the Garmin Vivomove HR). 

I think an analog watch perhaps with a small touchscreen panel for quickly viewing stats (such as steps, calories, active minutes, stand hours, sleep, stairs climbed) would make for a great device. I imagine that the touchscreen doesn't need to be big - perhaps even a size similar to the original Fitbit Charge/Charge HR screen is big enough.

A hybrid smartwatch may also appeal to those who aren't particularly fond of smartwatches/fitness trackers as they prefer something more traditional - potentially bringing more people into the Fitbit community. I am aware that this would likely require a reasonable amount of R&D (particularly to get a good watch design) but just wanted to pitch the suggestion nonetheless.

36 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

SilviuFbt
Stepping Up

Also taking into consideration that Fitbit bought the whole Romanian Vector Watch development team, here in Bucharest, Romania, I think this is quite possible to implement. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Totally agree. I like my Flex 2 but I miss having a watch on that wrist (wearing both at the same time feels uncomfortable) and I find the other models with watch faces too bulky and not watch-like enough. I really like the look of the Nokia trackers because they're like classic wristwatches with a nice minimal design, but I don't gel with their app and functionalities, so a Fitbit that's like a classic watch would be great.

ccrunner1
First Steps

I completely agree with this. I would love to see a fitbit that actually looks professional, elegant, and feminine when worn but still has the functionality of at least the Charge HR 2. I have had fitbits for years but I find myself less inclined to wear it when I'm not exercising because it frankly just isn't cute. It would be great for fitbit to come out with a design that could look like a nice watch instead of a typical fitness tracker or clunky smartwatch. Considering switching to Misfit for this reason.

JessieArt
First Steps

I completely agree! I've recently purchased a nokia/withings Steel HR which looks fantastic but I would prefer a traditional looking fitbit watch.

RedPanda5150
Jogger

Yes, I've been holding out hope for a Fitbit hybrid watch. It's the one thing that would bring me back to the Fitbit ecosystem. I recently made the switch to Garmin for the Vivomove HR after being a Fitbit loyalist since 2010 or 2011 (back in the Ultra days!), and it has all the features I want except for integrating with the excellent Fitbit app and all my years of data. I'd much rather be using a Fitbit branded classy looking hybrid, but for now I'm stuck with the Garmin. Please consider adding analog hybrid watches to your lineup!

BearDown88
Jogger

I would much prefer to have a classic watch for everyday wear. I love my Fitbit flex 2 and I love the Fitbit community, but everything is so sporty! I've seriously considered switching to Fossil and Skagen hybrids, but I really love the Workweek Hustle competitions me and my girlfriends do on a regular basis. 

Cal28
First Steps

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve been using a Fitbit One for this reason but it’s recently died and now I’m really thinking I’m going to have to look at a Withings as I’m not a fan at all of the Fitbit watch styles. I’d love to see a hybrid watch with Fitbit functionality. 

CMoonan
Jogger

Another hybrid fan here...was hoping something would be compatible with the fitbit app but guess a withings hr sport is my best option ...would be very interested in a fitbit hybrid.

Eccentricgrrl
Recovery Runner

I have the Garmin Vivomove HR and it's nice, but the tracking is far from what you get with Fitbit. I own the Versa as well as the Charge 3. If Fitbit released a Hybrid I would be first in line to get one!

Eccentricgrrl
Recovery Runner

Yes Fitbit! We want a hybrid! Even with some app problems I have experienced (I have a Versa and a Charge 3) Fitbit is hands down the best out there for near accurate tracking. I've had Samsung, Nokia/Withings, and own a Garmin Hybrid. But they don't hold a candle to Fitbit. Please make one soon! I would be first in line to buy one!

mikeyles
First Steps

yes likewise....pls release the hybrid....

pixeljoe
First Steps

Here’s the use case. I need an analog watch that’s fit for working in an office, and a more feature-full tracker for sleeping and working out. And I need them to work together as if I only had one tracker... so, no duplicate data, and seamless switching when I take off the analog after work.

Windward
Stepping Up

Fitbit may want to consider licensing interoperability between the Fitbit ecosystem and other watchmakers and hybrid smartwatch makers. We would likely get more style choices from Fitbit functionality in a Fossil hybrid smartwatch (or other makers) then if Fitbit attempted to dive into the hybrid smartwatch game themselves. 

lubamak
Recovery Runner

Yes I agree, I like the look of the garmin vivomove hr, however I love fitbit. I nearly switched brands purely for the looks..  However, I didn't. I really like the fitbit community, and how easy it is to work. I really hope they come out with a hybrid !

Amf102315
First Steps

I have a skagen holst hybrid and love the look and feel but do not like the battery drain and the inaccurate activity.  Fitbits are just better at that. I would love a fitbit that looks professional like a watch and has the tracking features. I'm absolutely ok with having to sync to see features. I hope you make a hybrid!

courtcourt5
Jogger

I absolutely agree. An analog watch hybrid similar to withings steel hr sport or the garmin Vivomove hr hybrid would be amazing. 

Windward
Stepping Up

I have worked in a compromise. The fitbit inspire in the fitbit caseclip provides all the daily step metrics i need. That way i can wear any watch that i want without the need to find one with smart functions. 

KatyaDuBois
Jogger

I've been using the Charge 3 for quite some time now, and I love the functionality, but I really dislike the full-digital screen. I wish Fitbit had a hybrid option. I would jump on it in a heartbeat. 

eleghart
First Steps

I agree with this suggestion. I love the Fitbit app and Fitbit coach. But I haven’t used my Fitbit since I got the Garmin vivomove hr.  I hate the look of typical activity trackers and smart watches. The vivomove hr is classy and impossible to tell it is actually a hybrid by just looking at it. However Garmin is worlds behind when it comes to their app and workouts. I have been a Fitbit coach premium member for almost two years, and I’m about to cancel because I never use my Fitbit device anymore.  It’s a shame that there is not a Fitbit device that matches my style. I keep checking, but as Garmin keeps upgrading the vivomove, Fitbit still has yet to delve into the hybrid sector. Make a classy hybrid with the hidden functions and I’m back on the Fitbit bandwagon. 

SilviuFbt
Stepping Up

Look everyone what use to be developed by the Romanian Vector watch team in Bucharest, the same team that was transferred to Fitbit when Vector watch was bought by Fitbit. A beautiful Vector watch Luna Rose Gold edition, just look at it: vector watch

PS: Battery had 20-30 days autonomy on one charge

emiliejoann96
Stepping Up

I would love a device like this! Looking for a more professional and classic look, but I’m a long time Fitbit user and don’t want to switch companies. This would definitely draw more users to Fitbit as well!

emc1980
First Steps

Love the Vector design! Yes please to FitBit doing something like this. I wear a normal watch and the Flex2 inside the gold bangle because I don't want to wear a rubbery watch with my everyday clothes. I've looked into Skagen, Withings and Garmin hybrids but the reviews show that the technology just isn't as good with those brands. FitBit are missing a trick - and a big part of the market - on this one. Please develop some stylish hybrids!!

rabidtech
First Steps

Agree 100%.  Wish fitbit had device that does all the same things all the same things as a charge 3 but just looks like a normal/decent looking watch. I can even do without phone notifications on the watch.  On the watch I just want to see date/time, current steps, and perhaps current heart rate (but not deal breaker). Everything else use the fitbit app (sleep tracking, hr stats, challenges, etc) for.  I really like the fitbit app itself.

My current fitbit device screen is cracked (accidentally slapped my wrist against concrete wall) and the display is going out to where I cannot read date/time anymore.  So I'm looking for new device but am probably going to go with something that looks more classic/professional this time so will not be a fitbit product because they have no such device. If fitbit had such a device that looked like MisFit or Vivomove HR I would be very interested as I'd like to keep all my fitbit history, friends, and such.  And without phone notifications and just date/time, current steps, and 'maybe' current heart rate, on the device only; I would think the cost could stay fairly low.

Rachbrew13
First Steps

My Blaze is on the way out, seems to be hit or miss keeping it charged and functional. I am really looking for a replacement but would prefer a more traditional looking watch this time. I've been shopping around, but nothing seems to match the functionality and app options. Would love to see a fitbit hybrid option!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.