Hybrid Smartwatch

I love my Blaze but sometimes miss wearing a classic looking circular, analog watch with physical hands. Hybrid smartwatches appear to be becoming more common among other brands such as Garmin, Misfit, Nokia/Withings and Fossil (a noteworthy one is the Garmin Vivomove HR). 

I think an analog watch perhaps with a small touchscreen panel for quickly viewing stats (such as steps, calories, active minutes, stand hours, sleep, stairs climbed) would make for a great device. I imagine that the touchscreen doesn't need to be big - perhaps even a size similar to the original Fitbit Charge/Charge HR screen is big enough.

A hybrid smartwatch may also appeal to those who aren't particularly fond of smartwatches/fitness trackers as they prefer something more traditional - potentially bringing more people into the Fitbit community. I am aware that this would likely require a reasonable amount of R&D (particularly to get a good watch design) but just wanted to pitch the suggestion nonetheless.

36 Comments
Vahdyx
First Steps

Yes I agree! I would also love a more traditional looking FitBit as well. Hybrid or even full circular design with premium materials and a full display like the Galaxy Watch3 or Garmin Venu with the option of adding faces. 

courtcourt5
Jogger

I love this idea! I have a withings watch that I love but the app is garbage. The Fitbit interface is leaps and bounds ahead. Hybrids just look more professional. In my job it’s nice to be able to reference the time without touching the screen or flipping my wrist to activate the screen. Plus battery life is way better on the hybrids. 

Brendavo
Jogger
Analog, hybrid smartwatch with long battery life and classy appearance.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Brendavo, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a Hybrid Smartwatch. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Is a hybrid in the works?  Anybody know?  I want to upgrade my Fitbit soon and an analog clockface, non- digital, is what I really want.

DDamian
First Steps
Create a discreet, bracelet-like tracker with maybe a couple capacitive buttons to track health metrics only and maybe control music or access voice assistant, without the need to have a screen.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DDamian, thanks for sharing this suggestion about having a Fitbit traditional watch that can track your healthy stats and include some features with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

rlp1303
First Steps

Any progress on this? I just bought a Fossil Hybrid watch but am already regretting my good old Fitbit, especially the app. Fitbit PLEASE bring a hybrid watch on the market that will combine both an elegant watch AND a great tracking app!!!

dlee60
Base Runner

I would be very interested in a Fitbit hybrid analog watch that looks like a classic timepiece, but has no more features

than, say, a Charge 2...something not too big (under 40 mm). I am not interested in phone, text, calendar, or email notifications.

These constitute an annoying distraction.. (I purposely carry a basic flip phone to avoid such.)

It should be sturdy, waterproof, and accurate on steps and heartbeat primarily.

Fitbit, sadly, has given up any effort to sync its app with, say, an  iMac OS desktop computer. The app only applies to smart phones. There are numerous comments on this issue in the forum, and the company has made no effort to address them. Nor does it respond to mailed letters on

the problem.

I have yet to see consistently good reviews on the accuracy and simplicity of other hybrid watches on the market. Nor do I want to wear

something that looks the size of a pie plate on my wrist. Simplicity, functionality, and classic aesthetic appeal are what I seek. And I suspect

there is a solid market out there for such.

gieailes
First Steps

After owning Fitbit watches for years, I'm actually moving on to a lookout for a hybrid watch. Would love for Fitbit to create something like Garmin vivomove. Because it's really hard to say goodbye to Fitbit app and integrations.

dlee60
Base Runner

Hello Gieailes....If you find a hybrid that is accurate (steps), basic (Charge 2 Level), and not the size of a pie plate ( 38mm or under), let the forum know......I have searched high and low and found nothing. I, too, like the Fitbit metrics, but the company has ceased to be particularly attentive to customer needs/requests. Became too fat and happy with itself. 

There has to be a market out there for an attractive analogue tracking watch that does not bother the owner with all manner of notifications - a watch that does not require a smart phone; that connects to a desktop computer with minimum difficulty, as Fitbit, at one time, did. My Charge 2

finally died the other day (Four years [?] old). Am trying a basic Garmin device, but not too pleased with it.

I remain a big fan of simplicity absent media distractions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.