If Apple Health integration is not planned, allow 3rd party devs. access to data on hourly basis

Hi All,

as several times stated here, Fitbit is not planning a integration into Apple Health (sync of your data into Apple Ecosystem)

From my point of view it is an killer feature to enable or create such a integration, as e.g. the Ionic is designed to be a Smart enabled Fitness Watch, but in contrast to the Apple Watch more fitness oriented, better battery life etc. And compared with other "Fitness Watches" more Smart. Apple guys like it smart xD So in this case it would be (e.g. the Ionic) the perfect counterpart for Apple Watch for Apple follower - Smart, stylish, Fitness oriented.

But one thing is missing, the integration into iOS Health.

-> If Fitbis is still against a integration into Apple Health, PLEASE allow 3rd party developers to access the Fitness Data - but not only on a daily basis (total numbers/summary per day). A hourly basis is required for a correct implementation of the Data Sync. Otherwise the data in Health will be not usefull.

Please implement

a). Apple Health integration

b). Export of Health data (ALL) by 3rd party Devs

Thanks

5 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thanks for sharing, we realize customers are interested in Healthkit integration.

MvTopper
First Steps

It seems all suggestions for Apple Health integration are being locked and cannot add more comments or vote on them. Looking at how there are close to 10000 votes on the main suggestion post maybe someone in Fitbit needs to hear the voice of their customer?

The main reason I chose Fitbit vs Apple Watch is the battery life. Now if on the features page was clearly mentioned there is no Apple health integration and no plans to implement it, be sure I wouldn't have purchased your product. Now I would not recommend this to anyone owning an iPhone - was planning to get my family to buy Fitbit devices but thats not happening now!

I will be sure to mention to anyone of my friends as well that if they want iPhone integration to forget about it and not buy a Fitbit.

encoreguy
Recovery Runner

Hi Fitbit! It’s 2021. Everyone, even Withings and Peloton, integrate with Apple Health directly. Are you finally ready to fix the only big problem with the Fitbit ecosystem?

One point I want to make as well. If Fitbit integrated this, I'm sure they're afraid of being abstracted away. But if Healthkit involves write, not just read. If there was better integration, I would actually use Fitbit as my main platform, not Apple Health. Healthkit is just a trusted clearinghouse. Apple Health is actually not a great visualization platform...

I hope Fitbit is reading these forums and seeing the intense demand for Healthkit integration. And honestly, integrating better with other platforms too for data that Healthkit doesn't support.

Fitjunkie22
First Steps

From a popular platform like Fitbit I wouldn’t have expected not to have Apple Health integration. We live in a data-democratized world, you cannot keep it in your exosystem only. Will send my Sense 2 back and get an apple watch - offers a similar set of feats but probably better integrated

the_calvin8r
First Steps

Absolutely ridiculous that FitBit doesn't integrate with 3rd party systems like Apple Fitness.  I own my data and should be able to send it wherever I want to track it.  I definitely won't be purchasing another FitBit for myself or as gifts as I have done in the past, for this reason alone.

FitBit - NOT RECOMMENDED FOR APPLE USERS

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.