Improve Heart Rate Graph in the App (zoom in to a specific time)

That I go to either extreme, working out pushing 175 or with a sleeping heart rate that drops close to 45, a finer detailed heart rate graph is important . The range of numbers on the dashboard (and app especially) are very unclear to read. The ability to open and zoom in to a specific time with rate would be the best plus Fitbit could offer. That the heart rate option is the primary reason for buying the fitbit charge, focus on the ability to use it at its maximal is needed. I am rather disappointed with the way it is now and would concider looking into a new monitor even though all other aspects of Fitbit are quite good. Love my "bit", please improve the graph!

Moderator edit: Topic and Subject for clarity.

30 Comments
Caroline54321
First Steps

I'm returning my fitbit because it doesn't have this feature. Incredibly disappointing. I have an irregular heartbeat, and I was hoping to be able to look through my heart rate throughout the day to catch moments where my heart rate dropped inappropriately. Since this will only happen for less than a minute at a time, I need detailed readings, or at least the ability to zoom in on a particular time range. Instead all that is available is a 24 hour graph which allows no ability to see more detailed data. It would even be sufficient to set a start and stop time to get a more detailed heart rate graph for a brief window of time, for example during a workout. 

divby0
Jogger

@Caroline54321is on point. I am currently in trial fitbit premium and this is one of the best ways to loose your paid subscription. Very sad to market down to the second precision for the sensor (pixel watch) but in the app only show 360s intervals.

I don't need 1 second granularity, but making me able to interactively browse through the graph would have saved you. Looking for better apps to use now.

Sygmoral
First Steps

I don't quite understand. I bought my Charge 5 especially to follow up on my heart rate. But now it turns out I cannot look in detail at what the sensor sensed? ...

This thread already exists since 6.5 years ago, so maybe there's a real concrete reason why this cannot be done. If so, could someone explain why?

patte340
First Steps

The fact that Fitbit has not touched this in 7 years is crazy as it allowed another app (Cardiogram) to fill the hole in the market. The data does exist, it's just not providing the more granular visualization in a succinct location. I would much prefer to pay for Fitbit Premium to access this than manage two apps. 

Example: If I'm just on my Health HR page it says I maxed out at 161 bpm. If I go into cardiogram it shows 170, and if I go into the automatically triggered "Walk" activity under Exercise in the fitbit app I can also see a max of 170. However, had I not triggered an automatic activity, this data would not have been seen anywhere in the app, let alone different in different areas. 

Lots of people use Cardiogram to track POTs. If I lay in bed, then stand up and want to track and store what my HR went up to minute by minute, that data would not show anywhere because I was not in an activity mode. I can see all this minute by minute data when pulled into Cardiogram. It just seems like such a waste that Fitbit collects this information but doesn't make it accessible to view in app. 

Sygmoral
First Steps

Thanks for that suggestion. I decided to stop using the Fitbit app and use Cardiogram instead. Sad, but I guess we need to work with what we have.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.