Increase Font Size for Charge 3

I have just received my Charge 3, my first Fitbit. I had held off on the Charge 2 to wait for the 3’s larger display. At 47 I need glasses to read small text and would like to be able to increase the font size on notifications and other features.

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

280 Comments
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @dwb3, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about making a clock face option with bigger heart rate information, this feature suggestion already exists (increasing the font size for several features on Charge 3) so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

This helps maintain the Community and the Feature Suggestion board more organized. 

GWParr
Recovery Runner

Please make the steps in LARGE Font for old eyes so I don’t have to have reading glasses to see where I am for the day!!!!!  I would even give up the clock if I could just see the step count!!

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @GWParr. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have a bigger font for your Charge 3 with us. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

J2016
Recovery Runner

Please increase font size for steps readout.  Clock faces and time readout not necessary but being able to see your steps number is.  Thanks

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @J2016, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

johnnny
Jogger

This literally stuns me about the font size increase request.

"Not Planned" then you lock the thread! Not to mention the endless example is completely inept product features management.

Good grief who is running the show there?

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @johnnny. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback which is related to this existent feature suggestion. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed in our FAQs.

Eskboy
First Steps

A feature of the otherwise excellent Charge 3 really annoys me -- so much that I am looking for an alternative make. I use this device purely for tracking steps, heart rate, etc., since I also wear a wristwatch. Not only is it impossible not to display the time, but the time is the most conspicuous feature by far, and I can't see the steps in any of the display options without putting my glasses on.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Eskboy, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

cooljolu
Recovery Runner

Give us the choice/option to increase the notification font for text message. This was much better in Charge 2 when the text message scrolled across. In Charge 3 the font is so tiny, can hardly read, specially if the message is long.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @cooljolu, and thanks for taking the time to share your suggestion about increasing the font size for the text message notifications with us! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Peppy12
Recovery Runner

Everyone wants to stay in shape.  I just got a Charge 3 and the font is so small it it hard to read.  Can you consider giving an option to increase font size and/or have each activity on a separate screen.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Peppy12, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Im owner of Fitbit Charge3 and Im pleased with it.

I can see SMS on band, fine. But Im suggesting a feature, that If is received TOTP security code, please, give it a BIGGER font.

Moderator edit: Format

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi again @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Denise001
First Steps

Like many people over 40 I now need reading glasses. I chose the Charge 3 because it has a large display. Unfortunately when the data is displayed (steps, heart rate etc) the text used is too small for me to read without glasses. So if I want to check my heart rate or steps during exercise I either have to have my reading glasses with me, or my phone connected to 4G. Hardly convenient. 

Can we have a software update please to allow us to make proper use of the screen size to display the data in a larger size? Thank you.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Denise001. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to have an option to increase the font size for your Charge 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

k9luver
Jogger

I see that increasing the font size has been a request for the last 6 years? Probably time to look into that? I completely agree I wanted upgrade to the Versa 2 for better options and there are not many. I do think most people cannot read the text on these watches it's so small. Hopefully that's not a hard option to make it happen. There is way to much competition out there Fitbit need to step it up.

vsalelkar
First Steps

While running we don't wear our glasses and can't read the heart rate or steps. Can't font size be configurable?

TM16
First Steps

Another irritated Fitbit Charge 4 user requesting an option to increase the font size of notifications.  

JimGr
First Steps

Release a FREE clock face where all of the information is displayed in a large font that can be read by an over 50 year old without reading glasses.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JimGr, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having a clock face that shows all your data with a large font with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

There are plenty such clocks in the gallery.

I needed one too.

JimGr
First Steps

I probably should have mentioned I have a charge 3 and trying to avoid an otherwise unnecessary upgrade.

Guy_
Space Racer

Ah!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.