Increase challenge participants to greater than 10

We (my Fitbit friends) would like to increase the challenge numbers to include more than 10 people. Our group includes way more than 10 who are active and want play

Moderator edit: labels

600 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's horrible how Fitbit continues to ignore their loyal and paying customer base.  At least come out and say "We have no plans to implement this feature in the near future" or something to that effect.  It's obvious you have no plans to do so Fitbit.  Step up to the plate and tell us!

NickoleG
First Steps

Please raise challenge participants to 20 per event (minimum)! I feel like people are being excluded and the goal is to encourage eachother! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I really wish that I could start a challenge with all of my friends on Fitbit but because there is a 10-person minimum I have to start different challenges. When is Fitbit going to change how many people you can invite to a challenge so all my friends could be together??

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing. I've moved it into a similar request. Hopefully we will have support from other users since more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains.

TB5918
Base Runner

Hi, @YojanaFitbit. Sorry to come on a bit hot and heavy, but this has been a long-standing source of frustration for me. I have a simple request. Can you just please close this thread already, and just tell us once and for all that you're not going to increase the number beyond 10? 

You literally just linked to the first page of this thread. This FOUR-YEAR-OLD THREAD. Can you understand just how frustrating it is seeing a request thread linger for FOUR YEARS without any real answer from anyone at Fitbit? What will it take to get this implemented? 200 thumbs up? 5000? Does it even matter? If the 23 pages of this thread indicate anything, it's that this issue will never become a priority to Fitbit, and we all should just stop wasting your and our time by asking.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A four year old thread that has over 1000 votes to increase the max number of participants past ten, and 23 pages of comments.  This is pretty indicative of FitBit's constant disregard for customer requests. 

Message to FitBit bigwigs.  If you have no plans on implementing this feature, just come on out and tell us.  Quit insulting our intelligence by having your moderators keep leading us on, pretending that you all are looking into this feature request.

AndreaDavis
First Steps

Why can't we have more than 10 people to a challenge? Please fix this.  

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @AndreaDavis, thanks for taking the time to share youu idea in the Community, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently under "Reviewed by Moderator" status. .

hardyje
Jogger
I am sorry but that does not exist for the weekly challenges or day
challenges. Ir caps off at 10 particpants.
Colingm
Jogger
Who are you, part of Fitbit?

Sent from my iPad
Colingm
Jogger
Why change it. It has be requested by hundreds of people for several years now.. thank you

Sent from my iPad
PaulPski
Jogger

Yes, please make this happen!  At the very least, could you let us know what exactly is the technical issue that prevents this?

Status changed to: Under Consideration
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion.

This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates!

Thanks for your patience.

DuffyDelores
First Steps
Hahahahahh ha ha😂 sorry to be cynical but this has been said several times
already since 2012 that’s SEVEN years now !! Does fitbit realise just how
many customers it’s lost because it won’t make this feature available ?
It’s totally bizarre that they don’t have the skills in technology to sort
this out. Just pay a young person and they’ll do it for you.
Colingm
Jogger
This is a joke

Sent from my iPad
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
This was "Under Consideration" on Dec 8, 2015 when this thread was created.  1044 votes have been cast for this request.  And Fitbit continues to ignore, thumb their noses, and sneer at us.

23 pages containing 565 comments.  If that doesn't qualify for a feature to be approved and implemented, I don't know what does.

DuffyDelores
First Steps
There’s another few threads too and one from much earlier years that’s been
deleted. You can find messages about this goi g back years. Some people
have messaged the CEO tried tweeting but they ignore their loyal customers
- totally bizarre ...
iSting
Base Runner

It can be done.  I remember when they increased it to 20 for a week.  They reduced it back to 10 the very next week.  I thought maybe they had a few bugs to work out and they would bring it back. No such luck.  They seemed to have killed it permanently.  I just wish they would announce, "Hey everybody,  we are not going to do it, because we said so."  Then we can give up hope and move on.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I don't know what the major malfunction is.  I'm in Garmin challenges where 200 people is common.

Kayp1185
First Steps
Please make the challenges more than JUST 10 people! We have a work one, and alot aren't able to get involved. Such a flaw with only allowing 10.
leear
Runner

Whatever the new number is (more than 10) you need to show when that number has been reached, so no time is wasted trying to join a FULL challenge 🙂 

Please ALSO vote for this https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Save-Time-Save-Frustration-with-Challenges/idc-p... I want FULL challenges to be clearly marked as so and to clearly identify (and increase) 10 challenges you have joined, so you don't waste your time trying to join challenges, which are full and/or  more challenges than your quota (currently 10) 

Colingm
Jogger
I have to run two separate challenges to accommodate all my friends and family. Many previous comments have demonstrated the same issue, especially at work where they have a larger audience.

Sent from my iPad
DuffyDelores
First Steps
It’s been the same since 2012 the company doesn’t care about it at all.
People have written to the CEO used twitter and FB I believe but they don’t
have any interest in their customers once they’ve paid out for the various
devices.

Really strange business model. I’ve lost over 30 friends now who’ve just
simply given up and bought other devices. 😞
dialuprahul
Jogger

I Vote to get this option, but seems fitbit needs developers and good moderators. Also the NTP needs to be synched.

DuffyDelores
First Steps
You and thousands of customers and lost customers! Been asking for over
FIVE years ! It’s unbelievable that this company won’t LISTEN to its
customers isn’t it.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.