Increase challenge participants to greater than 10

We (my Fitbit friends) would like to increase the challenge numbers to include more than 10 people. Our group includes way more than 10 who are active and want play

Moderator edit: labels

600 Comments
telashae
Jogger
Agreed....there have been no additional trails added. The two group trails are getting boring. I don't they care enough. For the issues to have been a concern for years and no improvements makes no sense!

Typed on my IPhone probably via Siri. Sorry for any errors.
LadyADS
Jogger
I have been asking for 5 years

Sent from my iPhone
jessicaaa07
First Steps

I've seen complaints about this to Fitbit ongoing for at least 12months now, I personally have set up a workweek hustle challenge for myself and my colleagues, we all have desk jobs and this was my attempt to get us all motivated to move during the day, which was going great! I now have 11 people interested and we're having to exclude 1 person just because of this limit. Fitbit keep telling me the adventure trails let you have 30 people but a couple of our members hit the adventure trail steps pretty quickly so it is not a sufficient solution. These challenges should be a way for people to come together and get active not excluding people. I understand not having a really vast amount as the toll this would have on the performance of the app/challenge however, these used to be set at 20, why was this changed? This for me is one of the worst bugs that Fitbit has right now that seems to be a "quick win" for them to deliver and they appear to be ignoring the issue!

jessicaaa07
First Steps
To add, there are 2 votes on this suggestions forum with over 1000 votes with people commenting they have been asking for improvements on the challenges for a number of years, it seems that Fitbit aren't actually listening unfortunately!

Little to no developments with the functionality of the application have been made since buying a Fitbit 3/4years ago. All these new devices are no good if the application doesn't evolve with them!
DuffyDelores
First Steps
I totally agree. I have to make THREE daily challenges if we want to do the
daily showdown. This GIANT company has such poor ability to listen to
customers. Even selecting the persons for events has to be done one by one!
It means I have to remember where I got to. On the larger challenges where
they do allow 30 it’s only possible to add 20 people at a time. So AGAIN
you have to mark down where you got to and then go back and forth in order
to activate inviting more participants - is this a fitness app or brain
recall activity, certainly doesn’t reduce stress !!

What is mind bogglingly ANNOYING is their staff constantly say the same
things - we are looking into it / great idea / put on the suggestion blog
that’s how things get changed. BUT this has been requested on a regular
basis for over 7 yes SEVEN years ! Obviously fitbit is a very wealthy
company and doesn’t really
mind losing the thousands of users to Garmin / Truva etc.

It’s SUCH a shame this company refuses to listen to or even ever answer WHY
they won’t do this - strangest thing ever.

I don’t do hardly any challenges with fitbit now and use it only for basic
steps and some challenges if invited, more than 19 of my 28 friends do the
same and use other devices, Fitbit would have kept us all and millions more
I’m sure tethered to them loyally otherwise.
valerie69
Jogger
I understand your frustration.  What I do is send 2 of the same challenges and split the group and rotate the names.  It's the only solution for now.  The week FitBit increased the challenges to 30 was short lived.  I've even written to the CEO with no response.  I've lost participants who decided to switch to an Apple watch.
Hang in there.  Hopefully one day FitBit will get it!!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
telashae
Jogger
Very Frustrating! I have over 140 members in my Fitbit fitness group now. With me being the admin, I have to make 16-groups and once they are almost full pass off to a team leader, so I can form more groups. I have to have an Excel spreadsheet to know who's where. They then screenshot me results on Saturday to be posted! Apple has the same issue, but the may fix it sooner than 7 years. The trails are very boring now and it's getting harder to keep everyone motivated.

Warrior2017
Jogger
We can now have more then 10
telashae
Jogger
Since when? The rules still say 2-10

valerie69
Jogger
The daily, weekly, weekend and goal challenges are set to 10 participants.  The adventure challenges allow for 20 I think.  Last year for a few days the other challenges increased and then went back to 10 again.  Members don't understand why all the challenges don't allow for more than 10 participants.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Moparmonster
Recovery Runner

I, too, want more than 10 people able to participate in challenges.  10 just seems arbitrary.

GCSH8H
First Steps

This suggestion has been a topic for quite a while, surely by extending the amount of invites into a challenge makes it more attractive for users and encourages more to join, don’t just sit tight on the current functionality FitBit, either listen to what’s being asked for or start to see people drop off, I really need the challenges to be enhanced as part of our work wellbeing programme 

Whitneyl123
First Steps
We have been asking for years.  Fitbit is apparently not listening or doesn't care about what it's users really want. 
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I also have voted on increasing the number of participants past 10.  I cannot believe this thread has been around for 4 years!!!  Over 1000 votes for this request, and Fitbit has done nothing!  Makes me wonder why bother having these feature requests.

Rarejul
First Steps

Wow! This has been a request for at least FOUR years now? I'm thinking there is obviously no plans to increase the number of people allowed in a challenge or the number of challenges you can have active. Good thing other choices are becoming available on the market. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yep, at least FOUR YEARS the loyal customer base has been asking for this simple feature update.  Four years, over 1000 votes for this feature, and 22 pages of comments have resulted in Fitbit totally ignoring, and thumbing their noses at us.  Either they seriously don't care, or they don't know how to change some variable in their app from 10 to 20, or so.

DuffyDelores
First Steps
Actually since 2012 I believe. It’s all over the threads! Some people even
wrote to the CEO but they don’t ever respond at all 😞

So strange
Brady0882
Jogger
Ano its a total disgrace that they didn't change to alot more people in
challenges a had previously bought 4 and my partner 2 and because this
didn't change we decided no to use them and they just sit in a drawer.
We got decided to get Samsung Galaxy watches and they are amazing best
watch ever👌

Currently all challenges are limited to 10 people. I have more then 10 friends on my fitbit, and would like to be able to include everyone! Can those at fitbit please take the cap limit of 10 off the challenges, and make it unlimited, so everyone may be included?

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TheAcornWarrior, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes AcornWarrior, please be sure to add your vote to the other 1000+ votes, so Fitbit can continue to ignore their customer base for this request!

AngieE26
First Steps

Please increase the amount of people that can be in a workweek or weekend challenge.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AngieE26, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

dakittycat
Jogger

WHEN?!?! Please hurry! 

maria2r
Recovery Runner

This was initially submitted in 2015 and still in "reviewed" status. By the number of comments, many people want this feature. Yet there has been no change. The lack of response/action shows disregard for user suggestions. With the removal of the activity groups, there is even more need for this feature in the challenges.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.