Integrate Fitbit with Headspace

Would be great to get Headspace to sync with the Fitbit app. The native Fitbit guided breathing is good, but very basic, and most people that try to practice mindfulness don’t want to look at a screen to do it. Making the app available on the ionic and versa would be awesome too!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

41 Comments
MrsToady
Keeping Pace

I'd love to see something of this nature on Fitbit, I rely heavily on meditation and energy conservation techniques to deal with a chronic illness, it would be great to have some sort of compatibility

Jamieleben
First Steps
+1 for Headspace integration. The Fitbit Relax breathing app is handy though.
Whackuum
First Steps

Headspace and other mindfulness apps would be a valuable addition to the ionic. I know of several users who would benefit. Would be great to see these apps in there soon!

Danniisaacs
Jogger

Fantastic idea.  Mindfulness is definitely a key wellness cornerstone.

Headspace already syncs with Apple Health.  Should be simple to do the same with Fitbit .

Many thanks,

Danni.

JDtheFit
Jogger

Agree - Mindfulness apps like Headspace, Waking Up, 10% Happier, etc. Please add them to the fitbit app. They are clearly health and performance related apps. Why not track them in one spot?

JDtheFit
Jogger

BTW, would love to see heart rate observable during meditation and tracking of meditation times. Especially if bouncing between apps (Headspace, Waking Up, Ten Percent Happier, and the most excellent Insight.

I too think it would be a great idea to link a mindfulness app to Fitbit.  I just bought the Versa 2 after having the blaze for a few years. I’m loving the Versa 2 and have seen that if you buy premium you could use whil.  I tried downloading whil to test it first but it only lets you DL the app of you have a sponsor like your boss.  I’ve read the reviews for whil and while it might help some, it doesn’t seem to be what the Fitbit community is asking for. Not what I’m looking for either. I use headspace and have used calm in the past. This is what seems to be more popular for many reasons. Also tracking your mindfulness time and setting a goal would work wonders for myself and I believe others too. Just my two cents. Til then? I’ll just enjoy the apps separately. 🙂 

CaliSparrow
First Steps

Any more updates on this idea?  I’d love for the heart rate tracker to alert me when my BPM go up to stop and breathe if I’m not exercising.  

deeprugs
First Steps

My suggestion is something like this :-

a) Enhance the Relax app with 10 , 15 and 30 minute sessions. 5 mins is too less. 

b) Log relax data into the exercise log so that we can see by the end of month how much we have progressed. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

emlynch
First Steps
I would love if I was able to sync my Headspace to the Fitbit. This could count towards mindfulness. If there was a way to open meditations through the watch itself that would be amazing. But even if it just tracked the time in the Fitbit app would be helpful.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @emlynch. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to integrate Fitbit with Headspace with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Laurs07
First Steps
Would love to be able to log my meditations from Headspace and Calm as I use them more frequently than the mediations offerings in the Fitbit app.
pschne
First Steps

You should add meditation as a shortcut to track in mindfulness.

Laurs07
First Steps

Yes, agreed. Even if there isn’t integration it would be nice to be able to log it after. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Laurs07, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Take in mind that with Premium, you'll have access to 30 pieces of Calm available on the Fitbit app which will count towards your weekly mindfulness goal. To find more about this service, check this link.

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.