Integrate Fitbit with Headspace

Would be great to get Headspace to sync with the Fitbit app. The native Fitbit guided breathing is good, but very basic, and most people that try to practice mindfulness don’t want to look at a screen to do it. Making the app available on the ionic and versa would be awesome too!

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

41 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @SunsetRunner!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas with us! 

Let's keep an eye on what other users say about this.

Mirsarie
Jogger

I couldn't agree more! I'm an avid user of Headspace and think it would be a great addition to the Versa especially.

Activen
Jogger

A Mindfulness and Meditation app would be a great enhancement.

BlazeFS
Strider

I use the Calm app and would love if it tracked in the Fitbit App.

Activen
Jogger

That's a good one.  

I also use the muse headband and linking that with fitbit would be excellent.

kimboleee
First Steps

Agreed! Would love to track how my habits are with meditating

asprandel
First Steps

I've been considering taking up meditation, and I would be more inclined to do so if it were integrated into the Fitbit app instead of me having to go and download yet another app. Some kind of guided meditation/meditation tracker would be awesome!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

What I would really, really love, is a mindfulness tile in the phone app. I tried Calm, headspace and other apps but I tend to fall out of it pretty quickly. If fitbit app had a mindfulness tile, I think I'd ditch all the other apps for good.  It would be great to be able to select a goal number of minutes. If the tile would tie in with other apps, fine, but I would love being able to use it independently. I mostly listen to podcasts or meditate without support so that would be very handy! 

Device: Flex 2

SalmanShami
Recovery Runner

I completely agree. I would use this every day.

WillieJiang
First Steps

I completely agree! I use Calm App to help my meditation. It's a shame that Fitbit can't sync with Calm. 

Please, please make it happen!

Moderator Edit: Formatting

bpaigehansen
First Steps

I'm actually really mad about this and ready to find out how/if I can send my Versa back after only a day.

I had the Bellabeat Leaf, but it wasn't recognized by my corporate wellness program, so I looked into getting a Fitbit (which is). I only went with the Versa because it said it had meditation, which it does NOT. It just has breaking while looking at a screen, which is not what anyone who mediates is looking for. I loved the Leaf because it had a wide variety of guided meditations for different mindsets built right into their app, and I was hoping the Versa would have the same. 

If I had known this wasn't actually meditation at all, I would have gotten a smaller/cheaper Alta or Charge (or some other recognized product entirely).

WillieJiang
First Steps

Hm...that's true.

Maybe, I should send back my FitBit and get a refund as well.

Miłosz
First Steps

I am requesting any application synchronized with the Fitbit wristband.

Best regards,

M.

KVanValk
First Steps

It would be awesome if there could be access to do meditation or mindfulness exercises. Is that something that Fitbit could incorporate? I’m tired of having to download multiple apps for wellness. 

I LOVE the idea of having an app for anxiety/depression. Thats what Fitbit wanted anyway it thier "Relax" feature anyway right? I like "Headspace" but partnering with "Pacifica" might fit better with Fitbit's (Versa/Ionic) OS platforms. 

Please consider adding this feature!!! 

katylee
Keeping Pace

Would love this! Headspace is amazing and it would really be a benefit. 

bpaigehansen
First Steps

I still use my Bellabeat Leaf and their app for meditation, or sometimes I use the (FREE!) Insight Timer app. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I use headspace and it only makes sense for this wellness app to be able to integrate. Please, Fitbit!

Runner__
Recovery Runner

I would also like to see integration of an app like headspace!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please  add calm to the apps for integration... 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would also love to have Headspace on my Ionic!

Roggin
First Steps

Yes!! Please could we get Headspace as a compatible app. I have found that using the mindfulness and mediation has actually really helped with my fitness and activity levels so it would be great to incorporate this. I know of a few friends and family who use Headspace and have smart watches/fitness trackers and they have commented that it would be a real benefit.  

maryjaynek
First Steps

Yes!!  Please, please add meditation tracking  - this is such an important component of health and wellness.  I use Calm and wouldn’t love to see integration with it but even just adding a way to track meditation would be great!!  Thanks for allowing us to comment 🙂

maryjaynek
First Steps

And oops - that should have been WOULD love to integrate with calm and not wouldn’t.  Couldn’t figure out how to edit the post 

nahushf
Jogger

Yeah headspace would make a great addition to the versa and the ionic

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.