Integrate with Apple Watch

The options available for wearing your FitBit with business casual clothing is extremely limited. Please partner with Apple & allow us to use the Apple Watch to track our steps for a premium subscription. I love the APP & currently proudly wear my flex daily, but would really like the option available when the Apple Watch is released.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

683 Comments
LJRoets
First Steps

I had a Fitbit Flex since (2013) and my Hubby upgraded me to a Fitbit HR (2015) and recently he bought me an Apple Watch series 2 (Dec 2016) as a gift ... My hubby bought a Surge and we bought 3 Fitbits (HR2, HR and Alta) for our boys. The PROBLEM is I'm not part of the fitbit family since I got my Apple Watch... I use the Mobile tracker with Sync Solver and my steps appear correctly on my fitbit app dashboard but incorrectly on the 7 day Steps. I reach most days my 10k steps goal and worst of all I can't complete in challenges. I'm very disappointed to have spend the time and money on 4 more fitbits and have no joy to compete with my family... I've read all possible syncing solutions and bought apps with no luck! That is how desperate I'm actually is to use the fitbit app... I've also convinced 9 other users to buy the fitbit tracker products and download the app.... 😞 Please give a better integration to fitbit for Apple Watch users! 

exploramental
First Steps

My company's insurance plan tracks employee fitness through Fitbit, but my wife gave me an Apple Watch. During the period of the year that I I'm recording the amount of activity needed to qualify for healthcare discounts, I have to carry my Fitbit One tracker in my pocket, even though I am also wearing my Apple Watch. Instead of feeling that Fitbit is providing a superior user experience during this time of year compared to my Apple Watch, I'm left feeling irritated with Fitbit, and wishing they could figure out a reasonable comprimise to allow data integration. There is a lot I like about Fitbit, I just wish they could fix this one thing!

koikkara
First Steps

I agree with all of the above. Need to integrate apple watch into Fitbit app. Even if it is a pay app i would buy it.I own a fitbit HR and i still use it. Wear it on the other arm when i workout and sleep. I like the sleep analysis better on the Fitbit app.

Funjohnny
First Steps
Like you, some days I prefer to wear the Apple watch, but other days I would prefer my nicer watch with my Alta on the other wrist. I hate that it can't be a seamless transition with all my steps counted in one place. Not to mention bliss pressure, etc.

What I don't know is if this is an Apple issue or a Fitbit issue. The way I see it is that Apple and Fitbit will never compete over a fitness band. I don't believe Apple will ever come out with a band as they want to protect their watch. And many of us will never give up our nicer watches to wear an Apple Watch full time. I find it frustrating that consumers are stuck in the middle here. Looks like we'll be forced to make a choice.

Sent from my iPhone
Red_22
First Steps

I am with everyone else! I would really appreciate it if I could use the Fitbit app with my Apple Watch. I'm handing it to Fitbit, they have one of the best apps out there but I feel like Fitbit is just being stubborn about it and that's why we haven't see the integration. Please just put your ego aside and work with Apple. You'll gain so many more people who would be willing to pay to use their Apple Watch with the Fitbit app and you could maybe even sell more trackers with the exposure. 

Mialta
First Steps

I too am receiving an apple watch for Xmas, I loved my flex, love my Aria Scales, Thermos Smart drink bottle and even love my battered Surge, I influenced bout a dozen of my colleagues to buy fitbit trackers and would love to stay in the crew but I don't want wear 2 watches. I have already ditched under Armour apps because they no longer support syncing to running heroes. Please make a fitbit app for apple watch I would be happy  to pay a reasonable monthly fee. 

DanielleWarren
First Steps

Yes, please!! Your app is so great, it is a shame it won't integrate with the Apple Watch! Even for a fee, I know almost everyone would pay it if you allowed the Apple Watch steps to calculate towards the friends rank and challenges! Please!!!

Laurenzo
First Steps

Just got the Apple Watch as a gift last week and was very disappointed to find out that the FitBit app will only integrate with my iPhone steps. I don't plan to carry my phone in my pocket every time I get up to walk around..that defeats the point of getting the watch in the first place. Please allow Apple Watch users to sync steps to FitBit!!  I (and apparently many others) would be willing to pay for a premium subscription. I enjoy the challenges with my friends and family and don't want to miss out on getting the rest of my badges after over a year of dedication.

andrewphn
First Steps

Their is a huge community of us, who can't interact with each pther sme of us on Aplpe Healthkit and others on Fitibit. This is a feature we would love to see.

deegough78
First Steps

Just got an Apple Watch for Xmas but I'm gutted it won't sync with my Fitbit app but I'm not willing to wear 2 trackers.. has any sign of an update been noticed by anyone for this?

fuzzy76
First Steps

A lot of people here don't understand a really basic fact: Fitbit is a device company. They make money by selling devices. Supporting Apple Watch (or Apple Health in general) would not help them sell more devices. It's as simple as that.

If you really want to compete with people cross-platform, look into MyFitnessPal.

Mialta
First Steps
Well I was competing with people using running heroes but UA who make my fitness pall stopped allowing syncing with running heroes as it did not fit with their business model.

So they lost me as a MVP I would love to be able to pay for premium service from someone with the foresight to support my apple watch and still keep me as a customer, I won’t be wearing 2 devices.

So Fitbit please consider being a vendor of great software as well as hardware.

Mike
S1chala
First Steps

Just got an Apple watch for Christmas. Excited by it but am seriously considering returning it simply because it doesn't have a way to connect to the FitBit dashboard 

Funjohnny
First Steps
I hear you. I would rather stay with Fitbit, but I think they will force me to look to Nike Run Club, or some other. I believe it's a strategic mistake to not integrate.

Sent from my iPhone
Mommi2ei
First Steps

I would love this feature , I love my Apple Watch , I also have a charge hr and a zip , currently I have to wear both . My health insurance company only follows fit bit but I prefer the design and functionality of my Apple Watch , I would even be willing to pay for a subscription service for integration 

JW2K14
First Steps

I would love to see the apple watch data recorded as if the watch were a fit bit device from within the fitbit app. Integrate the apple watch as a fit bit device that can interact with the app in the same way a tracker would. Love my flex, but when I finally do buy the apple watch, I wont wear both.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

297 comments. How long before Fitbit has a comment? How about a simple "we will never support the Apple Watch" so we can put this to bed. And did anyone mention we would all be happy to pay for an Apple Watch integration subscription?

K9pal7
First Steps

Excellent idea to interface with the Apple watch. It should add more people to the community. The data that you get from the Fitbit app is fantastic. 

jamski
First Steps

I was just talking about this with my fibit friends.   I love my fitbit but just got a Apple watch 2 for Christmas.  Would love to keep competing with my friends using the fitbit app.  I would pay for it.

Thanks

EAnn
First Steps

I have used the Charge HR for the past year and have loved competing with friends. This Christmas my family bought me an iWatch and now I cannot compete with friends through the Fitbit app because Fitbit does not track the steps counted by the iWatch. I am very disappointed that the Fitbit app doesn't not let me compete with my friends who still use Fitbits. My sisters have already stopped using the Fitbit app and it's products solely due to this issue. Either Fitbit needs to track iWatch steps, or they will eventually be replaced by iOS  apps that will eventually do the same thing as Fitbit's features. Fitbit's watches, simply, just don't compare to the iWatch. 

MSUaah
First Steps

I would be more than willing to pay a subscription fee if I were able to use my apple watch with the fitbit app to compete with my friends and track fitness progress! Thinking that there are a lot of people out there with the same situation so it would be a money maker.

Gonzodad
First Steps

Amen!  I have had a Surge for the past year (which I use with the FitBit, MapMyFitness and MyFitnessPal apps). I like the Surge but my strap has worn/cracked and hate the limitation of no app notifications. Just received an AppleWatch and hate that I cannot use it with the FB app. Please offer the Apple watch as an integrated device so I can keep my challenges alive! 

Gonzodad
First Steps

Definitely willing to pay for use of the app!

Do-or-Di
Base Runner

Been a Fitbit addict for over 4 years progressing throught models as they've been released (Zip, flex, Charge HR, Charge2)

I have a great network of Fitbit friends who participate in challenges and who motifvate me on a daily basis.

However I am also an Apple baby and have just been gifted an Apple Watch 2 for Christmas. YEAH 😄 !!

I absolutely love it and intend to use it as my primary tracker, while still using my Charge2 to track my sleep while my watch charges overnight.

Absolutely devistated that I can't find a way to intergrate the 2 hardwares and keep using the fitbit app/ socail network.

Now looking into 3rd party app for challanges that accepts multi-platform competiion like Stridekick and taking my Fitbiters frineds with me into these new apps.

Would so prefer to remain Fitbit loyal but this ongoing Apple//Fitbit standoff has my hands tied.

Such a shame.

Diversity is such a beautiful thing to embrace and inclusion is manditory in Australia (and the rest of the civilised world!)

Time to read the DDA 😉

ArchieBaitup
Stepping Up

I've posted here about 5 times in the last year or so!! I'm so disappointed. I was subscribed here to know if I would ever be able to connect when I eventually get an Apple Watch.

And look! I bought myself one yesterday! I'm absolutely in love with it. And I'm looking at only using this amazing piece of kit. But I'm still loving Fitbit, so I've got both the trackers on and using them both.

I wish to see a future in which this is not needed so I can only have one tracker on!! I'm seriously thinking about abandoning the Fitbit and all of my friends which I really would regret doing.

I, like I've said before would happily pay a one off, or monthly payment to Fitbit for using their service so they get a kickback off of this. This is something that needs to happen!!!

This is a must have in this day and age. You can't have grudges against other company's so please do.

However I do feel there is something to do with Apple in this. I feel somewhere in this that Apple themselves are saying no and not allowing Fitbit to do this otherwise they'll sue or somthing darastic of that matter. Which is really unnecessary.

This is a tossy situation and I feel this needs to be sorted, and said by Fitbit and Apple themselves saying YES or NO to this as this is causing havoc and a commotion which isn't needed.

If Fitbit could please do and say something, I'd and others would be greatful!!

Many thanks!!

*Archie Baitup | Blogger*
archiebaitup.blogspot.com

<footnote>This message along with any attachments are meant for the addressee of this email and no one else. Please disregard this email if it was sent to you by mistake. Please do not forward this message or any of the attachment to anyone else other than the addressee.</footnote>

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.