Integrate with Apple Watch

The options available for wearing your FitBit with business casual clothing is extremely limited. Please partner with Apple & allow us to use the Apple Watch to track our steps for a premium subscription. I love the APP & currently proudly wear my flex daily, but would really like the option available when the Apple Watch is released.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

683 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Just got Apple Watch for Christmas and am so torn about leaving the Fitbit community.  There must be a way to pull stats from Apple Watch or the iHealth app?!  Fitbit does a pretty fabulous job with the app functionality.  If the Blaze weren't so ridiculously large, I might have stayed with that. Sometimes these corporations might earn even more if they played together better. 

Kailovin
First Steps

Hi Fitbit, I just got an Apple Watch for Christmas, and am super upset to find out that I can't use the Fitbit app to track my activity as I've been doing for over a year with my Charge HR. I don't understand why there can't be an option to use the Apple Watch? There's an option to use your phone, but not the watch? That doesn't make sense. There are 13 full pages of comments here asking for you to create something so us dedicated fitbit users who have Apple watches can still continue to do so. I've made a lot of progress through the app, and I don't want all of that info to just stop because I'm using a different "tracker". That doesn't seem right. I'm really saddened by this. Fitbits and Apple watches are both very cool, please find a way to work together so we don't have to be upset that we can't use the app anymore. 

S2Srini
First Steps

I believe its time for Apple to build the community that Fitbit boasts of and one that Fitbit is currently using to its unfair advantage to twist people's arms into not buying the Apple watch and buying a Fitbit tracker instead. All this even though people are mentioning that they are willing to pay a premium subscription (monthly) just to be able to use the app along with the Apple Watch.

The day when Apple builds up their base, Fitbit will be gone....FOREVER!! Once Apple catches up on this and improves their battery (which they are so very likely to do), Fitbit will enter a zone where they can never catch up (because the huge chunk of Apple people will prefer living in that ecosystem to enjoy all the perks of integration).

So I would say to Fitbit - ACT FAST before you die!!!

Reeksy
First Steps

Having just purchased an Apple Watch app for Christmas, I'm gutted not to be able to use my Fitbit app with the watch, I love Fitbit, but certainly wouldn't choose it over Fitbit, that being said, even if the Apple Watch app wasn't free I'd have it, clocked up some serious miles with Fitbit, and got lots of friends for challenges etc, so really don't want to say goodbye to t. 

Hrmsq
First Steps

It seems to me that if there's a mobile track function to use the phone to track steps, it shouldn't be a big deal to allow the Apple Watch to add steps to Fitbit too. All I want is to use my Apple Watch and continue to count steps towards my fitbit goal and challenges. But hey! If the steps could sync both ways EVEN BETTER!!

Mialta
First Steps
I don’t think Apple is the problem, Strava and map my run are on the apple watch.

Fitbit if it is a matter of apple wanting too big a slice of your app fees or something let us know.
Getsi277
First Steps

I agree that the Fitbit app should be able to be used with Apple Watch. 

sh1025
First Steps

I vote for Fitbit and Apple watch to work together! I love the apple watch love it more than the charge I used to wear - please sync the two!!

Arthur_Dent
Jogger

I was going to try to work Fitbit and Apple Watch into a daily plan with the charge hr for sleep and workouts and the Apple Watch for business hours (for the notifications). It seems that without fitbit/HealthKit Intergration I might as well just have a day Apple Watch and a night Apple Watch. That way I get my sleep tracking, exercise tracking and 24hr heart rate tracking. Or Fitbit could add HealthKit intergration.... which do you think will happen first?

Macbones
Jogger

I agree - I'm happy to pay a fee in order to participate in the great Fitbit community Challenges!

rongraham
Jogger

I had an Apple Watch in October of 2015.  Back then, FitBit had an app.  Although you couldn't do and challenges with friends, I liked the app.  

I did away with the Apple watch, and in 1 year, I have gone through 2 FitBit Charges.  I was skeptical in buying a 3rd so I got the Apple Watch 2 as I plan on doing more running.  But I went to get the FitBit app and now finally figured out, it doesn't exist.  I would like to use it just for walking.  Please, Fitbit and Apple....let's work together.  I would pay a few bucks for an Fitbit app and even more if it allowed me to join my friends challenges!  MAKE IT HAPPEN!  

Peace & Love

Ron

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit hasn't responded to this thread for a year now. I doubt this registers with them at all.

Dear Fitbit, I dare you to respond! I'm skipping proper dare etiquette and going straight to the TRIPLE DOG DARE! I would like to give you money, but not for hardware, just your app. I TRIPLE DOG DARE you to take my money!

Savannatim
First Steps

Yes I would pay for this! I used to have a Fitbit and loved the challenges with friends. However I now have an Apple Watch and can't compete against them anymore. 

Savannatim
First Steps

There is another thread here https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-Apple-Watch/idc-p/1725757#M89529

where a lot of other people agree too

rongraham
Jogger

I agree!  

Spamjoshhere
First Steps

It is pretty clear that Fitbit is content to cling to their locked in business model amid dwindling market share and tanking stock prices as they milk the last bit of profit before closing shop rather than accept the new reality in the market place and leverage the strength of their app as an integration point.

With these constraints, I will no longer be using Fitbit for our fitness competitions or recommend purchase of the devices.

AnnLondon
Runner

I'm inclined to agree although I'm still baffled by the fact that I can use my phone as a tracker but not my watch. That makes no sense to me.

Cmmrn1028
First Steps

Wow this discussion has been going since 2014 and still Fitbit doesn't respond or answer the requests of 13 pages of people who desire this integration??? Hmmm that is poor customer service and that is coming from some one in the industry... I'm am very sure a company as large as Fitbit can afford to work things out with Apple. Step it up or many will step it out as Apple continues to surpass our expectations with business ready products 

Daveinnh
First Steps

Another vote for integration.....even at a cost.  Apple watch and Fitbit are two different beasts,  I love the fitbit integration but the functionality of Apple.  I hope that after years of customers begging for this Fitbit will listen to their users.  I will maintain an account a bit longer than I am pulling the plug.  Can't wear two devices just for the sake of the fitbit community!

Rsmiley208
First Steps

I think it would be great to integrate a Fitbit app on the Apple Watch or the Samsung gear. So people can still use Fitbit on other watches. It could be a paid monthly subscription. Or a 1 time paid app. It would work really well! I have an Apple Watch but it stinks having to wear my Apple Watch AND Fitbit charge at the same time. 

csydney
First Steps

I have been a Fitbit user for a number of years now. Would really like to see Apple Watch support. There is an absence of decent activity apps out there - Fitbit has nailed it. Would be happy to subscribe but would also like to see new group challenges added. 

hswconst
First Steps

I would also like to see the Fitbit site use the step count from the Apple Watch. I have used Fitbits for years but needed to change deivices due to certain functions and apps only available on the Apple Watch. Selling access as an addded feature would be a win-win.

Thank you for your consideration.

Nh3we
First Steps

Please, make Apple watch work with fitbit app. I want to compete with ny friends

Hspinks
First Steps

I have a flex and enjoy the challenges with family and friends, my husband got me an Apple Watch for Christmas and I'm bummed that I'll be left out of the New Years challenges!  I would love it if I could buy an app that would sync my Apple Watch tracker with my flex or Fitbit app without the need to wear both trackers 

jjq224
First Steps

After seeing how suggestions fall on deaf ears at FitBit (E.g. - updating the Charge HR to receive text message alerts), I decided to drop FitBit like a hot rock.  I recently bought an Apple Watch - I'd rather give my money to a company that plans on updating existing products, rather than trying to sell users something new.  It's sad that FitBit chooses to ignore it's customers.  Especially since there are many, like me, who have switched to Apple and would still like to be a member of the FitBit community, and keep in competition with their friends.  However, posting here is futile.  There is no reason for FitBit to even consider allowing a competitor’s product to sync with their app - even with a "subscription".

Sorry folks, the reality is this: (a) FitBit doesn't care about those who have "old equipment" (evident by no upgrades, but new products) and (b) FitBit most certainly doesn't care about those who have "jumped ship" and went with something else - especially if it's Apple.

I really don't expect an answer from them - other than the standard, "Our engineers are looking into this".  Sorry FitBit, you've alienated a HUGE customer base.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.