Integrate with Apple Watch

The options available for wearing your FitBit with business casual clothing is extremely limited. Please partner with Apple & allow us to use the Apple Watch to track our steps for a premium subscription. I love the APP & currently proudly wear my flex daily, but would really like the option available when the Apple Watch is released.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

683 Comments
Chica10460
First Steps

We really need a Fitbit Apple Watch; more convenient if you have both devices 

Brifree
Stepping Up
This is one of the best ideas I have heard. Just make a apple watch band that you could pop a flex 2 into that would be awesome. Sure you would still have to have both devices, but if the band was made right you wouldn’t even know the flex 2 was there.

I sort of feel like Fitbit since they wont make an app for the apple watch, they are clearly not going to make a custom tracker band that integrates with it.

This just opens up the world to the third party market to make these bands and then they would make the money and not fitbit. Who wants to make a bunch of money and make them with me?

For others out there that are Fitbit shareholders, I was as well until I realized that I have been watching this thread forever and that almost every fitbit device I ever owned has only lasted a year either due to it breaking or they one up themselves and basically force you to get the new one if you want the best features. No upgrade path on any of the trackers. I sold my stock and will sit back and watch the Fitbit empire fall, not because of my stock sale, but because once no one makes apps for the Fitbit Ionic, and then even worse people start reporting after 6-12 months theirs broke or got ruined somehow. I suspect they wont be able to recover after that. By then also anyone willing to buy a app or even pay a subscription fee would have already bought an Apple Watch 3.

So sad Fitbit is just ignoring this thread……..
KevoMcM
First Steps

Another voice asking for integration with Apple Watch.  People are moving from Fitbit to Apple Watch, not the other way around.  Fitbit must know this by now.  Hopefully they'll choose to tweak their model and allow access to the community on third party devices before it becomes irrelevant.

ryantheduke
First Steps

Another former FitBit user as of yesterday. Upgraded to Apple Watch, selling Charge 2. Would happily pay a fee for an Apple Watch FitBit app. 

Jeffreycentex
Jogger

I'm having to leave the ecosystem because the Charge 2 (and Blaze) were getting so inaccurate.  I was seeing heart rates of 150 while walking and when I checked at the same time it was like 105.  Also missing a thousand steps when it just "stopped" tracking.  If it was only my device, I'd say I had a bad device, but others had it too..  So I upgraded to an Apple Watch to gain heart rate and more accurate step counts.  I was planning on using MobileTrack with the phone, but apparently this doesn't even work yet (iPhone 8+).  The app ecosystem for Fitbit is excellent.  Bring the app and charge a premium for the app but support the better hardware.

AnnLondon
Runner

I’ve used Mobile Track semi-successfully: it happily counted my steps all day and fed them to challenges I was in but when I got home and synced it chose the handful of steps from the tracker I’d forgotten to put on that day and wiped 15,000 steps from my day’s total and the challenges!

It’s noticeable from posts her and elsewhere on the site that Fitbit users are buying multiple trackers; I’m increasingly convinced the Apple Watch works out cheaper!

herbstark
Keeping Pace

And another one bites the dust.  I have been using Fitbit since February 2013.  When we ordered two Ones and an Aria scale.  I wanted a wearable device, but Fitbit has too much problems with the wearables. I have been using mobile track successfully with my iPhone.  However today I  am buying an Apple Watch as my wife has been using one for about a year now and it works very well but no sync with Fitbit.  I hate to leave the community, but will when my current One dies again.  Over two years thousands of users have wanted sync with Apple Watch.  No Joy from Fitbit.

Fitbit has lost a satisfied customer today.

Toaddio
First Steps
My third FitBit in about four years died last weekend and I had to finally jump ship. I haven’t deleted the FitBit app yet out of nostalgia but it’s only a matter of time. 😞

-Ben

Sent from a mobile device. Please ecxuse any errors.
Hvacman77
First Steps

I would like it if you guys can allow Apple health data into your Fitbit dashboard so I can still do challenges.  I’d be willing to pay a monthly fee for this...

Tcmack1959
Jogger

I just bought an Apple Watch 3, which I’m extremely happy with - but I don’t want to completely give up my Fitbit, which is much better for wearing to sleep or under dressy clothes. I also can’t find any software that I like as much as Fitbit’s, it’s the most flexible in that it allows me to put in my own step goals, etc., and it’s the only one I’ve found that gives me the difference between total calories expended versus total calories eaten - which is by far the most important measure for me. Bottom line is that I want to continue to use my Fitbit at night and when the Apple Watch is too clunky/casual; to use my Apple Watch as my usual means for tracking steps and exercise during the day, and the Fitbit app 24/7/365 for consolidating the information from both devices and for tracking my food intake. I’d happily pay a reasonable subscription fee for the app. From my perspective Fitbit is losing out on a great potential market here. It seems like you think that if you won’t allow the Apple Watch to work with your software you’ll get your users to buy Fitbit smart watches instead. This isn’t going to happen - those of us who’ve been using Macs, iPods, iPads and iPhones for years aren’t going to buy a smart watch that doesn’t integrate into that mix. It would be much smarter for Fitbit to embrace the Apple community. Your software is superior, and the little Fitbit Flex fits beautifully into my wardrobe and lifestyle - but if they don’t work with my Apple Watch I’ll eventually find a way to make other hardware and software work for me. 

Nik1981
First Steps
Well said!
SKShoe
First Steps

It is the software that makes the Fitbit.  There are always going to be bigger guys who can do the hardware better.  The sooner Fitbit Inc has an app for Android smartwear, the less likely they will be the next Blackberry. 

Katefe
Jogger
And me as well this is such a bad thread for them as
A. We were loyal customers who aren’t being listened to ( could you even think of giving us an answer fit bit ..?????? Just call it a bit of customer satisfaction )
B. The solution is obviously not fit for purpose as we are leaving you in droves.. even though we love your app.

Think on guys , but you know what I don’t think fitbit are even listening to this thread or someone would have at least tried to protect their Brand
Toaddio
First Steps

I made the jump a few weeks ago. I’ll miss FitBit and my community but I couldn’t justify buying another product that would break within a year. 

herbstark
Keeping Pace
You said it very well. Thank You!!
--

Herb Stark

3350 McCue Rd. #1801
Houston TX 77056
KayvanSylvan
Jogger

"Think on guys , but you know what I don’t think fitbit are even listening to this thread or someone would have at least tried to protect their Brand"

The obvious solution for FitBit in terms of protecting their brand is to completely delete this thread. 🙂

Ex-FitBit user. Happy Apple Watch user.

herbstark
Keeping Pace
Yeah that works. Stick their head in the sand and pretend that Apple does
not exist. Just like they did in the early days of Android.
--

Herb Stark

3350 McCue Rd. #1801
Houston TX 77056
JEB81
First Steps

I’ve given up... I just ordered an Apple Watch... the release of their New Ionic model is clearly why they won’t integrate with Apple... but sorry they aren’t getting any more of my money for devices that always break and the ionic is as big, bulky, and unattractive as the garmin I switched to over a year ago. 

Rachies1
Jogger

Could you please allow people to set up an iwatch as a device to Fitbit. I prefer Fitbit dashboard to apples. I wouldn’t mind paying a yearly fee as I know a lot of others would. You are missing a trick. I know there are apps that claim they can do this but they are rubbish. Thank you.

AnnLondon
Runner

I’ve carried on wearing an old Fitbit One to stay in challenges (and have been using a Charge for sleep tracking) since getting my first Apple Watch 2.5 year’s ago. I’ve just upgraded my Watch and can now sleep track with the old one (and get much better information using the SleepWatch app) and I’m finding fewer and fewer of my Fitbit friends are still active. I still like the Fitbit dashboard but I’m definitely drifting away from it. I’m no longer sure I’d bother to pay up if Fitbit were to, say, allow the Watch as a tracker for Fitbit Premium subscribers.

All the Fitbit hardware I’ve owned (several Ones because they’re easy to lose even though they usually turn up eventually, several Charges and one Charge HR because the Charge was so shoddy they replaced it three times under warranty and an Aria scales that was hopelessly inconsistent and thought I weighed a few kilos less than I do) has been flawed in one way or another so I’m sad Fitbit hasn’t realised the opportunity it had in terms of software and community.

There’s clearly a lot of good will towards Fitbit but I think mine’s pretty much run out.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Same here!
julyrunner
First Steps

I would specifically like to see Fitbit Coach as a standalone Apple Watch app. I have been a Fitstar Premium subscriber for several years and may keep paying for a premium subscription to FBC, but an Apple Watch app would make that decision easier. I don't think Ionic is a direct competitor to AW, they have somewhat distinct value propositions and I think appeal to different sets of consumers. I'd love to head out for a run with AW and no phone, and do a Fitstar workout in the park.

SeanDavies
Jogger
Not sure if anyone noticed in Fitbit’s October Newsletter but you can still use the app with your mobile phone without having a physical tracker. Question is whether you like the app enough to warrant having your phone jiggle round in your pocket as your getting your steps in. I’d have to explore that to see how I feel about it. Maybe there’s an arm strap for the iPhone 7??

For the time being my (replaced) blaze is working fine and as I enjoy the combination of it and the app I am a happy bunny again for now.

I tried the independent app for all brands but i didn’t feel like it was a patch on the Fitbit app so I stopped using it soon after.
Toaddio
First Steps

Tracking via the phone instead of the watch is an intentional crutch and makes FitBit look bad. Embarrassing. 

WavyDavey
10K Racer

Since Apple is a direct competitor of Fitbit, I wouldn't hold my breath on that happening anytime soon. Apple wants you to use Apple apps, and Fitbit wants you to use the Fitbit app.

Here's a thread explaining: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/Apple-watch-app/td-p/766679

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.