Integrate with Apple Watch

The options available for wearing your FitBit with business casual clothing is extremely limited. Please partner with Apple & allow us to use the Apple Watch to track our steps for a premium subscription. I love the APP & currently proudly wear my flex daily, but would really like the option available when the Apple Watch is released.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

683 Comments
Traysee75
First Steps

Please integrate Fitbit with Apple Watch. 

Xenovia
Jogger

Hi there! I love fitbit app and the fitbit itself is good though not as good as apple watch in terms of looks and quality of materials or integration with my iPhone.  Would there be a way, even with a monthly or yearly fee, to integrate the fitbit app with the apple watch so that it reads and analyzes data from it?  I think your app is awesome and there's none else out there that can offer this kind of information at a glance.  Please think about doing it.  I think it will be hugely profitable for you and you can still retain your fitbit customers as it's a different price range from the apple watch while profiting from your app by charging a monthly fee.  

rcs23
First Steps

I would love for the Fitbit app to have Apple Watch compatibility.

Bluegorilla
First Steps

Please allow Apple Watch steps to sync with Fitbit app.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

There's already a feature request for this support with 6,100 votes.
Please consider changing your vote to that one and commenting there. Maybe it'll help get this implemented?

Request title: Integrate with Apple Watch
Link: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-iOS-Health/idc-p/2112728

Thanks from someone who really wants this feature.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please don't start a new thread for this integration. There's already one with 6,100 votes. Theoretically if we pool all our votes to the same feature, Fitbit will be more likely to implement it (but I'm not holding my breath).

Title: Integrate with Apple Watch

Link: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-iOS-Health/idc-p/2112728

Please vote and comment on this instead.

Thanks,

Stew

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for your suggestions. We are always looking for ways you can use your data to support your health and fitness goals. For the past few years, we’ve been the leader in developing direct partnerships through our open API with hundreds of the most popular health apps, wellness programs, incentive systems, and other services that have enabled people like you to make the most of your products and data. In addition, the launch of Fitbit Ionic has given us the opportunity to allow third party developers to develop apps for the Fitbit App Gallery through our SDK, providing opportunities to offer even more features and apps to our global Fitbit community from our developer community.

With regards to your proposed integrations, we continue to evaluate new partners and will update you if we have news to share. Fitbit has a history of working with the community to bring potential features to reality, and we thank you for taking the time to share your ideas and suggestions.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Since moderator @LizFitbit just locked that thread and this one:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integrate-with-Apple-Watch/idc-p/2274791#M127580...

It's apparent integration is a dead end. My response:

... so Fitbit will not be offering a software only product to run on 3rd party hardware - Apple Watch specifically? That's the question. Too many of us have spent too much money on replacing the same product over an over again to opt in on throwing good money after bad. Love your software. There's a bunch of us who would pay you for it. That's the only way I'll reinvest. 

Luker800
First Steps

Please make it so the Fitbit app can connect to Apple watch and do Fitbit workouts from it l. I know you guys want us to use your amazing Fitbit devices, but I would want to know how the app is with relation to a Apple watch. I have tried the mobile track and it's accurate but if it got it's data from Apple watch then it would be more accurate. I know you guys might think that it would lower sales but it actually will help me see if I want a Fitbit or stay with Apple Watch because me and my friends have talked about it because we all are fit people... please utilize this idea and accept it. It would be amazing  if you guys would do this. Have a great day!

KixxTech
First Steps

The one thing I wish Fitbit did was to be able to use an Apple Watch or another smart watch to track activity, steps, heart rate etc. Synchronis all information recorded and be able to see it inside the Fitbit app.

Fitbit definitely has a more user friendly layout and look and I would love to use it and challenge my friends on there else I’m just stuck with challenging my friends on Apple Watch instead.

Luker800
First Steps

Hello my name is Luke Williams and I know I am upon and lots of millions of ideas that are sent and read through every day but I hope mine is specifically different. I would think it is very awesome if you guys would make it where the fit bit app could be on the Apple Watch and that I can use the Fitbit app to track my steps but not using my iPhone sensors, but using my Apple Watch sensors because I don’t have a fit bit and even though I want one I’m waiting on the field product testing program and for having gotten any emails so please except y idea. Also some of the  features that would be on the app would be like starting a strength work out like said apps or stuff like that but is a guided work out that connects to fit star and my steps that I use my Apple Watch to track will be on the fit bit app and my Apple Watch for track my sleep etc.… And I know you guys might be thinking this might ruin your marketing department but I promise there are actually reviewer‘s on the App Store that reviewed you’re up and said that they would like the Apple Watch to interact with this app and I really hate Apple‘s health that because it just is ugly in her face in the fit bit is the best in your face and Most informative ever so please except my offer I know I am just one person but I promise if you go to the App Store you will see a lot of people like this.

Luker800
First Steps
Well I was thinking Fitbit could do this because I have seen reviews for
Fitbit a app and other Fitbit devices on eBay about why they want Apple
Watch and fit bit app to work together because the Apple health app is a
scattered mess and fitbit app is so much refined and nicer and just looks
more colorful and really encourages lots of users to get more active. And I
would love if Fitbit put Apple Watch under there “pair devices”...
Luker800
First Steps

I fully agree because a lot more people have a Fitbit when looking at your neighborhood or a state because the app is so better then Apple health app which is crap!(;

Being able to see your steps and other things on your apple watch would be helpful, especially if you have a zip or one.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Maybe the new Fitbit Versa would be more appealing for some of you?

As for this specific request, on a technical level, it's not possible to log steps (just activities) with our Web API and there is no 3rd party devices direct integration. What would be possible, I know it's not what the original poster wanted, but any Apple Watch developers can use the Web API to integrate (add or read) data from/to Fitbit.

Mirmina
First Steps

I’ve had my Fitbit for 2 years now.... I love doing the challenges. Ive recently purchased an Apple Watch and I’m very upset that I can not sync my steps from the Apple Watch to my Fitbit app. Please consider partnership with Apple. 

Thank you for listening. 

Cantryboy
Sprinter

It could be a subscription service. 99¢ a challenge or $5/mo or something

srfolsom
First Steps

iPhone have a great widget showing the battery level of devices that are connected via bluetooth.  Please add this integration with your products.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @srfolsom! Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

ralrom
First Steps

I'd love to see the same feature for android as well

ZSully
First Steps

I would like to be able to sync the data from my Fitbit app with other apps I use. However the apps, Apple Health and Flo are not on the list of compatable apps. These are the main apps I use to track my health. I would greatly appreciate it if Fitbit would consider being able to add either or both of these apps onto the list of those that can be synced.

KaleyL
Jogger

I wish Fitbit had an application for Apple Watch that had all of the Fitbit features. I know Fitbit makes watches like the Apple Watch but I paid a lot for my Apple watch and I do love it. But I love all of the aspects of the Fitbit app for fitness and wish I could combine it with my Apple Watch. (I love everything about my Apple Watch, except the fitness portion). I know many people who have Apple watches who agree. And I also know many people who would pay to be able to have this feature. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @KaleyL , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

CarrieJMc
First Steps
Allow the Fitbit Premium app to allow connectivity with the Apple Watch. Let the Fitbit app then read activity, step, heart rate data etc from the Apple Watch. I realize you want us to have a Fitbit product, but paying allowing Apple Watch users to join the Fitbit community with a paid subscription would bring in users and get you more monies.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CarrieJMc, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to integrate with Apple Watch. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.