Integration between Fitbit and Livestrong MyPlate

Hoping FitBit will make Livestrong MyPlate compatible. I've used the other apps that are compatible and MyPlate is much better, it has a wider data base on foods and more user friendly.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

10 Comments
lmercurio
Recovery Runner

i love how at each meal the food log shows daily counts of all items such as protein carbs, etc.  but it would be even better if it had a grand total, a standard amount and if you are higher or lower.  Please see my plate by livestrong.  I used to log there until i met fitbit. the log there is similar to fitbit but with the totals i'm suggesting.

Lisa M.

KBT12345
First Steps

Fit bit has the market on tracking but is very lacking in Food logging. I used Livestrong for 3 years and thought it was OK then switched to My fitness Pal and found out what I was missing. I need to track many items about my health do to a study I am in and am required to use the fit bit and track food. I love the fit bit but the food log is lacking!! lRecipe entry like My fitness pal please! ( This allows for individual to fully understand what they are eating for nutrition).  Having the bar tool to scan food would also be so helpful.

Dlgallah
First Steps

I have my myfitnesspal app linked to my fitbit app. They talk to each other. Does this help?

KBT12345
First Steps
Sent from my iPhone
mikedashg
First Steps

I find "My Plate" from LiveStrong.com to be a far more effective means of tracking my food experience. Would it be possible to link to them?

Status changed to: New
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LucyAP
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@OakleysMom Thanks for sharing your idea on the Feature Request Board! Hopefully this will be implemented in the future, so keep voting!

RHerron68
Jogger
I agree. FitBit needs the My Plate app.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Livestrong would be able to integrate with us by using our Web API.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making an integration between Fitbit and Livestrong MyPlate with us. Our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this product feedback to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. You will likely be able to email them via their contact us page or customer support, or they may have their own ideas board like this. Or encourage them to reach out to Fitbit directly. Thanks for your participation in the Product Feedback forums, we look forward to making Fitbit more useful for you.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.