Keep Clock Face/Device Screen On Permanently

Hello everyone! This suggestion is to have the ability to have the clock face/screen on our Fitbit devices permanently on. 

We just recently released a similar feature that will allow you to keep your screen on for as much as 60 seconds. Check the Feature Suggestion here

Please let's keep voting for this idea! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

85 Comments
bsavarin
Base Runner

In the meantime, there are some clockfaces which offer that ability. Just search for "always-on" in the App Gallery.

Jansie545
First Steps

I would like my clock face to show steps 24/7 - I do not like it changing to HR, Distance, calories, etc -- I know how to find that - but when I look at my FitBit - I just want to see steps.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

Kizzim
Jogger

I work in EMS & would really appreciate if Fitbit would add the ability to keep the clock face on for at least a minute or two (or permanently on). When I’ trying to count respirations or a heart rate on a patient, it’s a real hassle to fumble through your options and select a timer and start it, eapecially during an emergency. I want to be able to just glance down and see my watch (like a normal watch) and begin counting/watching my seconds. I’d be happy just hitting a button 3 times or something to turn it on while en route to a call, then press 3 times to turn the face off when Im done using it. Just an idea! 

t-reksio
First Steps

I believe this is another indirect request for e-ink displays which gives always on displays, longer battery life and better readability under sunlight.

I like Versa but "always on" display was a great feature by Pebble which is now owned by Fitbit.

Holly52
First Steps

I am  new to using my Fitbit Charge 3 and am finding it hard to understand. The user manual is a complete joke. But, to the point, I also my looking for someway to have the display last longer than 5 seconds. I want to be able to set a time that the displly is active...

Pescho33
Runner

After I turned off this option after four days I have a 40% battery already earning six days without charging.

Fitbit ionic 

Wendy26
First Steps

I vote for a longer screen time

jjreiter
First Steps

Charge two wearer.  Longer screan time please.

NJJAzz
Recovery Runner

Im disappointed in my charge 3.  It is much less sensitive to showing the gtime display than my charge 2 was.  I have to tap it countless times to be able to see the time...........  not happy.  I very much favor being able to change the display on the website not the device .  Maybe I just dont know it can be done on the website.     My clock display shuts off in seconds.  Very hard to use.

Anvas
First Steps

I'm also of the opinion it should be an option to keep the clock on.  I think I'd actually utilize the option for always on display for part of my day wearing it.  Obviously it would go off at night. I'd rather charge it up every 2 days for this option   Also.... It would function as a watch which would be a huge bonus! 

NJJAzz
Recovery Runner

I agree Anvas -  Id love the clock display to just stay on...  right now its a real hassle to get the clock to display.

Jansie545
First Steps
I agree and I also wish that some of the clock faces would not randomly change in a short period of time from steps, HR, distant, flights! The clock faces for everyone should be their own choice

Sent from my iPhone
ELGRINGO56
Jogger

Bonjour à tous

Y aurait-il possibilité d'avoir la même chose sur la Charge 3

Merci d'avance

Wbryant
First Steps

Since Fitbit bought Pebble, I have not bought a Fitbit for myself. I bought my wife the new Charge 3 SE but her #1 complaint is you have to touch the screen to see the time etc. My Pebble Time screen is always on and battery lasts as long as her Charge 3. Please please bring back the e-ink displays of Pebble. These watches were popular in large part to these screens -- I have a color screen that never disappears, and even after the battery is exhausted it still displays the time... Useful! With 0 effort I look at my wrist and see time, date, weather, steps, and anything else. Why has Fitbit not utilized these screens? The Versa is a watch I would almost buy, except it annoys me beyond end that, outside Pebble, the always on display is alluding the smart watch market (without it being completely detrimental to battery life). 

- I don't want to charge my watch every day, once a week is acceptable

- I want fitness activity

- I want it to be small like normal watch small not huge like most smartwatches

- I want the screen to stay on all the time, no funky wrist twists or squeezing the **ahem** thing. If I have to do all that, I'll just pull out my phone.

- And I need notifications on my wrist that I can respond to from my wrist

Most smartwatches either try to do too much, or like Fitbit do most of these but miss on one or two. For Fitbit, it's the always on display. Pebble hit on ALL of these. I was truly disappointed the Time 2 never got produced and to this day (2 years later) there's still not a watch that matches Pebble. Not to mention Time 2 was to get Alexa integration. 

Fitbit, you bought the best smartwatch now use their tech please! You actually have the capital and the production levels to finish these amazing watches! Call it the Pebble line of watches and we would flock to you in droves! Many of us are paying $3/mo for Rebble because we love our Pebble watches so much!

Wbryant
First Steps

All you would have to do is use the e-ink screens from Pebble, the smartwatch maker you purchased in 2016. Please please do this! Thanks!

Springermomma
Keeping Pace

As a nurse I was thrilled there are analog faces with second hands however disappointed that I can’t keep watch face awake for at least 5 minutes. We need time to adjust the stethoscope. Explain to the patient...Not to mention we then have to count respiration’s. There could be distractions going on. Five minutes would be ideal.

Macirae2
Stepping Up

I am still waiting for a clock face that shows Time, date, steps, HR. 

rrr232
Jogger

i agree

@SantiR wrote:

Hello everyone! This suggestion is to have the ability to have the clock face/screen on our Fitbit devices permanently on. 

We just recently released a similar feature that will allow you to keep your screen on for as much as 60 seconds. Check the Feature Suggestion here

@SantiR wrote:

Pes949
First Steps

As a fitness tracking device the Charge 3 needs the ability to display full time if desired by the user. If not add Bluetooth or ANT+ so heart rate can be displayed by gym equipment, cycling computers, smart phones etc.

StevenDK
First Steps

This is an important issue and should be given priority by Fitbit designers. It limits the use of the device and would be the one reason I would NOT recommend Charge 3 to others. In fact, I am quite surprised that this is even an issue ... to me it would be an obvious feature to design into the functionality, considering how simple it is, technically. Please get it done and update the software ... also on existing devices.

Cusing
Jogger

Make the Charge 3 screen have the option to stay on all the time.

RAD1964
Jogger

Yes, please! I recently updated to a Charge 3 because the Charge 2 bands kept snapping off and breaking. Who designed this thing? The clock face only stays on four seconds and I have to press the button to get it to come on. WHAT?!?!? With the Charge 2, all I had to do was move my wrist and the face came on and stayed on for a good amount of time. AND I could always see my steps, not have to swipe to see them, which is bad during the winter because I have to take my gloves off to do so. Seriously BAD design.

Jansie545
First Steps
So agree with you. I hate that I have to hit my clock face to turn it on, and then it goes off so fast

Sent from my iPhone
kholeswa123
First Steps

Please have the option of having the screen always on. Leave it to users' discretion whether they want to opt for it not. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.