Keep Clock Face/Device Screen On Permanently

Hello everyone! This suggestion is to have the ability to have the clock face/screen on our Fitbit devices permanently on. 

We just recently released a similar feature that will allow you to keep your screen on for as much as 60 seconds. Check the Feature Suggestion here

Please let's keep voting for this idea! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

85 Comments
Meowhiss
Jogger

I will have to return my new Inspire HD if it cannot continuously display my HR. It’s the only feature I absolutely need for medical reasons, and everything else is a bonus.  I love Fitbit brand and app, but will have to find something else if there’s no continuous option. It would be ideal to be able to turn the display continually-on or to sleep with a button press, or be able to set the display time for certain time allotments: like when the button is pressed, whichever display the user selects will stay on for either 5, 10, 30, or 60 mins.  After that time, it can go back to battery-saving default wake-up setting. Would also be helpful if a customized threshold alarm for HR were available, so it would buzz when HR goes too high or low. 

soysop
Jogger

Well, now I have to wear my wristwatch and the Fitbit charge3 on my wrist at the same time so that I can see what time it is without having to engage my other hand to push the Fitbit button!  It looks ridiculous, and certainly is NIT a good advertisement for Fitbit, since everyone asks me why I am wearing both! 

Dragonflyagk
Recovery Runner

I agree, except I want it to automatically turn off at bedtime. So what I’d prefer is to have a setting that allows you to set the time you want the watch face to stay on. If you really want it on 24/7 you could set it to be on from 12:01AM - 11:59PM. Or if you want it on all the time while you are awake but off when you’re asleep you could set to be on from say 8AM - 11PM. But you would still be able to push the button to turn the clock face on.

JC357
Jogger

Ideally, the clock face I have chosen is what I would like to use as my 'always on' screen.  Even if it equals a shortened battery life.  The only 2 options (digital/analog) do not include any seconds and I need that for my job! That's the only reason I bought this watch over other options.  Let us customize it or at least offer more options.  Switching to the timer is not convenient or practical. 

JC357
Jogger

Allow the screen to stay on longer before it turns off.  Current longest option is 1 minute.  I would like to have options for 2,3,4 and 5 minutes as well please!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JC357, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

JC357
Jogger

My comment was moved here but the function is not what I'm after.  I don't want fitbits chosen clocks that don't have second hands or show the seconds.  I either want that option or to choose my own.  😞

THELANDSVIETNAM
First Steps

I vote for a longer screen time

Courtneyjenea
First Steps

Having an always on clock face with seconds displayed would be a phenomenal option! Most all of us use it frequently at work and would love the option to turn that on when we work. Understanding that it would drain the battery faster is definitely something we could deal with for the few days we work and in all fairness most nurses I know take everything off when they get home to decontaminate it so it would be a hassle to simply charge it every day. I’m a little upset that the Versa 2 was touted to have an always kn screen but failed to note that seconds would NOT even be an option  

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Courtneyjenea Thank you for your suggestion about implementing an always on clock face.

I moved it to this thread because it is the same idea. Please check out @LizFitbit's post.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.