Keep Clock Face/Device Screen On Permanently

Hello everyone! This suggestion is to have the ability to have the clock face/screen on our Fitbit devices permanently on. 

We just recently released a similar feature that will allow you to keep your screen on for as much as 60 seconds. Check the Feature Suggestion here

Please let's keep voting for this idea! Smiley Very Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

85 Comments
Adielfr
First Steps

In my opinion this must be your next feature. It will help jewish religous  people wearing the watch in saturday for example. To do such a feature I suggest to turn off any other sensor (feet meter, heart rate etc.) for extended battary life and for a complete approval the use of the watch in saturday by the rabbis. I can imagine some other benefits of this feature. 

Axu
Recovery Runner
You would worry about your battery.
Adielfr
First Steps

30 hours is more than enough

kod10
Jogger

I have heart problems and need to monitor my heart rate constantly, the watch face display needs an “Always ON” selection, reduced battery life is acceptable.

BirdieT
Recovery Runner

This would be nice, sometimes I lift up my arm to check the time and it doesn't turn on. So I rapidly drop my arm and swing it back up again. It must look a little weird to other people but I'm sure Fitbit people get it. Smiley Very Happy

scorpion
Jogger

@BirdieT I have the same problem too sometimes.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The screen timeout is really awful on the Alta HR. It's insane to me that it doesn't stay on during exercise, and I can't control it. Had I known how short it was and how inconvenient it was, I never would have purchased one. I just bought one today and will likely return it for this very reason. Disappointing. 

JetSetRadio
Base Runner

Guys, this will never happen lol. Not unti Fitbit make a device with an OLED screen.

XAnonX
First Steps

Not at the expensive of battery life but y’all need to make it adjustable. The on time right now is ridiculous. I can’t even count to 6 to check an actual heart rate. I don’t know how this made it through a beta phase....

duaneo69
Recovery Runner

I would like the app on my android to have the option to keep the phone screen on so I can check it periodically when exercising w/o having to unlock my screen.

MarioDings
Sprinter

I think it is better to make this an option in the clockface. It is not difficult to build it .

BUT always on drains your battery. Therefore I think 60 seconds is enough.

leendarains
Jogger

This needs to happen ASAP. I cannot be aggressively raising and lowering my arm during meetings, while walking the dog, driving, etc. etc. etc. just to see the time. If this is a dead-end feature, Fitbit Ionic is not for me and I'll go back to my Garmin or give Apple a shot.

This is basic. You can keep the "off" option for those who want a full day charge. For those of us who are OK with 3 days or whatever, at least provide the option for always on.

boycat19
First Steps

I would be happy with 60 sec. I bought a charge 3 thinking I could use it as a watch also. It is ridiculous that I have to wear a watch and my fitbit to work. I need to be able to check HR on patients all day long. I need to be able to use the second hand for more than 3 sec. I can't keep flicking my wrist to do it.

BenJoe
Jogger

Especially in exercise mode this would be helpful, and all that really need be done is give the ability to disable the time out on the display. Easy peasy. 

BenJoe
Jogger

What is basically wanted is to disable the screen timeout with a manual setting. That should be a piece of cake to offer. 

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BenJoe, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is currently Under Consideration. 

Donnazwa
First Steps

I really want a clock face that stays on all of the time. I need to document times at work and it is very difficult when I have to touch the screen or move my wrist (it never seems to want to turn on). I like all of the features of the fitbit, but that is just lagniappe. First and foremost, I need a functional watch!

BenJoe
Jogger
Yes, the enforced timeout is inconvenient in so many environments and it seems like such an easy fix, it’s a little frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone
OldTrooper
Recovery Runner

Not a big deal to me.  I won't use it as I like the extended battery time of only seeing the screen when I manually turn it on.

Moose666
Jogger

I’d like this on all FitBits and not just some (but specifically the Inspire as I have that model 😜)

Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion will be released on the new Versa 2. Go to settings and select 'Always on display', which you can then customize with an analog or digital clock face, showing various core stats, battery level as well as setting off hours (for example, your sleeping hours). Please note that this feature will not be rolled out to previous Fitbit smartwatches.

Thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

BenJoe
Jogger
Thanks LizFitbit! Is there a normal process where a feature such as this will eventually roll out to the other devices?

Also, is possible to also leave the display ‘off’ without a manual operation? This needed for wearing it during sleep. The display has a blazing brightness in a dark room when it comes on!

Thanks, BenJoe

Sent from my iPhone
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @BenJoe, this will not be rolled out to other Fitbit devices at this time - just the Versa 2. Yes, you will be able to 'override' the always on with night mode.

BenJoe
Jogger
Will the always-on mode stay as a request for the Inspire? Also, is “night mode” turned on by selecting “Begin Sleep” on the app?

Thanks, BenJoe

Sent from my iPhone
Moose666
Jogger

That’s a disappointment.. would really like to see this on the Inspire as it’s a nuisance and the “raise arm” function doesn’t always work and I have a newborn so I can’t have 2 hands to press the button.. 🙄

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.