Let us delete in-app notifications/messages

This is clogging up my iphone. I have a year or more worth of useless Fitbit notification messages I'd like to shed. I saw a 'solved' notice in here from a year ago stating it was resolved by stating there is no solution. This is simply ignoring the myriads of request/votes of customer requests/concerns to fix it. Fitbit should have had a REAL solution by now and apparently do not. In reality this problem has not been resolved but simply is being ignored by the company/moderator. The solution 'solved' to put a vote in ideas does not address the real concern or issue at hand. What's the point of a community forum if Fitbit does not listen to its customers? The thread should have flagged Fitbit/moderator to produce a real fix, we're still waiting.

1,301 Comments
Cherylscoaching
First Steps
We need to be able to delete old messages. As well as post pictures from phone on to messages
Cherylscoaching
First Steps
Delete old messages
Cherylscoaching
First Steps
How can you delete old messages
Aby
First Steps
I am really loving my new Blaze and have started to add friends but it seems crazy to me that I cant manage my own messages. I dont even want to use that application if I dont have control over it.. it would be like not being able to clear texts on my phone..what a mess! After I have read it there is no reason for it to stick around for 30 or more days
JenL82
First Steps

I agree, we need to be able to delete messages. Photo sharing would be cool as well.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi @Aby

Messages automatically are removed after 24 hours, it's possible to delete a notification seperately or all at once on the Blaze.

From the Fitbit Article:

http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1979

Blaze can store up to 30 notifications, after which the oldest are replaced as new ones come in. Notifications delete automatically after 24 hours. Your tracker can show up to 32 characters of a subject and up to 160 characters of a message.

To manage notifications:

• On the clock, swipe up to see your notifications and tap any notification to expand it for more detail.
  • On a notification, swipe right to delete it.
  • To delete all notifications at once, swipe up until you see the option to Clear All.
  • If a text notification is long, swipe up to view the full contents of the text.
  • To exit the notifications screen, press the Back (left) button. 
Grieg
Jogger
When receiving a phone call, text,,etc even if quick view is enabled, have the notification immediately display without any action needed such as raise wrist or pushing side button. I feel the (albeit WEAK) vibration when notification received but have to raise my wrist to see it, not being
Able to just glance at charge 2 to see it instantly
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

The problem I see here, is the display only stays on for 10 seconds. 

You'll only have 10 seconds to read the notifacation, or at best you'll miss half the texf. 

Grieg
Jogger
True, however as soon as you feel vibration you can glance at device too see notification without having to push button. Also perhaps time displayed could be lengthened slightly

Sent from my iPhone
Rcsurfer
First Steps

I would like the option to delete messages and taunts and cheers

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Would like to be able to erase messages and sent friend request
DorisKim
First Steps
Need an option to delete messages
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Yes but you will still mid a few chats toes of a text message scrolling across. 

Claire_25
First Steps
I speak on behalf of many Fitbit users (as noted on the community notice boards). Please can you organise a delete function for the taunts/cheers/personal messages that are sent between users. The 30 day "fall-off" is both outdated and annoyingly slow. I see. I reason to keep messages that have been read or that have been sent by someone you're not interested in receiving a message from for whatever reason. Due to every other app having this simple function I see. I reason why Fitbit has yet to add it as a standard for all users. Many Thanks
Laurendeluca
First Steps

Would really love to be able to delete messages from friends. Will this possibly be an option in the future?

Danhero
First Steps

I love my fitbit surge but you really need to allocate one of the button to delete a text message notification. I appreciate that they are removed after 24 hours but once its read, why do we need to keep it there? Much the same as any phone - once the text message is read, we dont need the notification anymore. Once the text message is opened on the fitbit, either right hand side button could be allocated to delete the message.

Mercedes255
First Steps

Please fix it so we can manually delete the messages with friends and family....getting way to many to wait a month.....thank you.

sb2014
Recovery Runner

I would like the option to delete old messages and notifications, especially now that this new update is here.  The new update has changed the community interface.  I still have messages and taunts that are way over 30 days. 

Jay8181
First Steps

Should be able to delete messages. No reason to have to wait thirty days. Seems that this is a very basic feature. 

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

It seems like your referring to messages on the app, which has nothing to do with the Blaze. 

Smart25
First Steps

I like receiving the notifications but I had to discontinue them because there's no way to remove them! I'd like to suggest a delete function for old notifications and messages! I have messages from over a year ago and notifications from February that serve no purpose except using up my memory

LZeeW
Ultramarathon Racer

There are several threads with users complaining about the in-app notifications and I am one of them.  To me, they are absolutely useless.  We want to be able to delete them (with or without reading them).  I know each message is small, but it is still data clogging up my phone. 

Now if the notifications and messages are kept on the server and are not on my phone, that only makes it a little better.  I am not the only one who wants to make these go away.  They are either clogging up my phone or clogging up your servers.

Moderator edit: Title for Clarity

NewBlazeUser
Jogger

This is such a BASIC feature on Most apps / technology I was so shocked it wasn't a feature!  Come on you talented coders. You can do it!

Agree.  They are piling up on my iPhone with no way to delete them.  Unacceptable.

Fitbit is the ONLY program on my iPhone that generates in-app notifications that don't go away or let me delete them.  This appears to be an oversight that should be corrected as soon as possible.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.