Let us delete in-app notifications/messages

This is clogging up my iphone. I have a year or more worth of useless Fitbit notification messages I'd like to shed. I saw a 'solved' notice in here from a year ago stating it was resolved by stating there is no solution. This is simply ignoring the myriads of request/votes of customer requests/concerns to fix it. Fitbit should have had a REAL solution by now and apparently do not. In reality this problem has not been resolved but simply is being ignored by the company/moderator. The solution 'solved' to put a vote in ideas does not address the real concern or issue at hand. What's the point of a community forum if Fitbit does not listen to its customers? The thread should have flagged Fitbit/moderator to produce a real fix, we're still waiting.

1,301 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree. Very frustrating. 

KatieRN
First Steps

I completely agree. It is ludicrous that you can't delete these in-app notifications.  Fitbit needs to fix this!

renblackcat
Jogger

PLEASE make it possible to delete the notifications within the app. It's bloody stupid not being able to do so. I mean really, what is the point of keeping them forever and ever? 

mhorst
First Steps

Please add feature.

avism0m
First Steps

I would like to be able to delete notifications on my IPhone. Please make this happen!

CitySon
First Steps

Absolutely allow deleting... and turning them off!

The red notifications icon (lower right) continually reminds me that unwanted encouragements are piling up. I don't use FitBit for iPhone alerts so there are only these unwanted "encouragements" accumulating.

My iPhone has no other app that generates notifications that cannot be deleted, and in most, the feature can be turned off.

Hermitprojects
First Steps

Hello, I love my Fitbit Charge HR. The recent upgrade to my Fitbit software on my Windows 10 devices (Even to my Windows 10 mobile phone (I know I know)) added Notifications. It's neat and all but it's really piling up and there is no fast way to clear it all out. On windows 10 you click one and it slowly goes back to the main screen and only clears one. I have over 50 and getting higher. 

Can we have a CLEAR ALL button for guys like me that doesn't have to click every single notification? 

This would make my life soooooo much easier. 

Thanks! 

mgmooney
First Steps

Please provide a way to delete or turn off notifications on the fitbit alta.  I have notifications on my device dating back to February; I would like to be able to turn off notifications or delete as they are received.

Thanks so much for your consideration.

Kitkat12
First Steps

We really need to be able to delete the notifications and messages. It's kind of crazy that's not an option. 

ndr1947
First Steps

The list of several daily encouragement notifications on my iPad has grown quite long since starting Fit Bit in February.  I can't figure out how to delete them.  Any suggestions?

Deelmartin
First Steps

Please allow fit bit users to delete progress notifications on app. The number is adding up and I don't want to storage on my iPhone thank you

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I was told those could not be deleted it really would be nice /great if we could delete them they are just taking up space but on the good side they are good notifications but darn theirs so many and u can't delete to clean it upI was told those could not be deleted it really would be nice /great if we could delete them they are just taking up space but on the good side they are good notifications but darn theirs so many and u can't delete to clean it up

Pbarnhar
First Steps

I agree. I like to receive the notifications but had to turn them off because there is no way to delete them. I have about 200 notifications just from Feb. on my iPhone app.  

Pbarnhar
First Steps

Agree!  Please make it possible to delete notifications on my iPhone.  

CBAlexandria
Recovery Runner

Would urge developers to allow users to delete notifications that appear within the iOS app.   It's probably not taking up much space but it lends to an inefficient, unwieldy and clean app.

dgutter1943
First Steps

Please let us remove all the notifications, a waste of space!  Who cares that 2 weeks ago I needed to walk 400 more steps that day to make my goal!

Deelmartin
First Steps
So true.

Sent from my iPhone
UNTBJH
Jogger

Me too. There is no reason in the world to keep dozens or hundreds of notifications saying "You met your step goal for today!" or something equally unimportant. Perhaps these would be important to someone at the moment they happened, but months later? These have to be taking up space, and it would only make sense to let people delete them (easily - not log into some obscure corner of a specific website at the full moon and turn around twice, while chanting, etc.)

idahotrekker
First Steps

I also want to be able to delete comments/messages from friends and cheer notifications from fitbit. Have some that are a year old and they keep running and running and running. I don't want them taking up space. Why can't I delete these when I want? !!!

Boomer4548
First Steps

It would be nice if there is a way to get rid of the accumulation of Notifications. I figured out how to kill them off so no more are coming in, but there are hundreds of them still stored on my phone for the last year's worth of meeting, or nearing goals! It seems like they should just go away after some period of lime, like after a week or at most a month of just sitting there. 

Charge HR to iPhone 5SE

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

There needs to be a way to delete notifications from the Fitbit app. Please correct this oversight

CitySon
First Steps

I Chatted with Support and was told these notifications are not "notifications". They are part of the Fitbit app... and use the notification method to display them to you... which is why they cannot be turned off... (huh?)

This makes very little sense, since all notifications using the app notification interface go through the app, regardless of origin. I believe the "its part of the program" answer was expected to make me (a programmer!) say "oh, ok. Never mind..."

Perhaps in the next app release they will come to their senses and allow turning off those annoying "red icon" notifications...

Dave29
First Steps

I do not need or want to be notified of my progression throughout the day i would like to be able to shut it off....its actually annoying!!

OdysseyJudge
Recovery Runner

I agree.  The ability to delete old notifications on the iPhone app is required.

Hachiosmom
Recovery Runner

Please fix this situation! I enjoy getting the cute encouragement notifications, but, I had to stop them because they are coming into the app! I have 54 on my phone that cannot be deleted! 

Thank you!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.