Let us delete in-app notifications/messages

This is clogging up my iphone. I have a year or more worth of useless Fitbit notification messages I'd like to shed. I saw a 'solved' notice in here from a year ago stating it was resolved by stating there is no solution. This is simply ignoring the myriads of request/votes of customer requests/concerns to fix it. Fitbit should have had a REAL solution by now and apparently do not. In reality this problem has not been resolved but simply is being ignored by the company/moderator. The solution 'solved' to put a vote in ideas does not address the real concern or issue at hand. What's the point of a community forum if Fitbit does not listen to its customers? The thread should have flagged Fitbit/moderator to produce a real fix, we're still waiting.

1,301 Comments
JSD68
First Steps

I agree the user should be able to delete notifications FITBIT forwards to a mobile device.  It is very annoying to see these building up on my iPhone.  It is hard to believe deletion is not already an option.

mbuster
Stepping Up

Hurry up with the "DELETE NOTIFICATION" update. It's about to the point that 'please' is out of my vocabulary. 

Overachiever...

You nailed it...

Almost there...

Overachiever...
You nailed it...
Almost there...

Overachiever...
You nailed it...
Almost there...

Overachiever...
You nailed it...
Almost there...

who needs this day after day after day...?

Speckledhen
Stepping Up

Please create a path to allow users to delete notifications OR set program to automatically delete notifications on a daily basis as steps, etc "turn over" at midnight. Thanks!

Ricky54
Jogger

Agree allow users to delete notification in fitbit app. Failure to will make ne delete the app and fitbit will be next.

Dave29
First Steps
I agree i don't need to have a fitbit and if they don't want to listen to the users i will be done with it
Maynardh
First Steps

Would like to be able to delete the notifications the app stores.  

Janamgaz
First Steps

allow me to remove the "encouragements"

Kiki63
Recovery Runner

I would ABSOLUTELY like to delete the notifications in the fitbit app. They are a total nuisance and are useless. PLEASE make this happen!! 

Alwaysfriday
First Steps

Please provide a way to delete all those messages under the Notifications feature in the app. The encouragement from the app is nice, but it's just that - nice. And very unnecessary. They accumulate every day with no way to delete them! 

Moderator edit: labels.

Texasbabybee2
Jogger

My Charge 2 saves every Notification sent by Fitbit. I'm not talking about phone calls or texts. I'm referring to all the positive comments regarding my progress. I requested help and was told that no more than 100 at a time would be saved. At last count I had more than 300 saved. Called for help again and was told that Notifications was "working exactly the way the designers wanted it to". Please fix this.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Completely agree it's annoying telling me I am close to the number of days I have listed to workout.  I did the workout so I should already know. 

JLR2DEG
First Steps

I find these in-app notifications very annoying and I want to be able to delete them from the Fitbit iOS app.   I have already disabled them by logging in to fitbit.com on my computer but I cannot get rid of the old ones. There are two months of notifications on my iPhone that I cannot get rid of to save space. 

jhcrev45
First Steps

Amen to all the comments above!!

Hamhog53
First Steps

I don't care if I reached my goal two months ago. If you care about customers you will fix this problem.

Jmitche492
First Steps

Totally agree need the ability to delete these in the app 

tarzada
First Steps

I agree with the above comments.  I don't need to keep old goal notifications on my phone.  I'd like to be able to delete them.  Please update your app with that feature.  

hayjude
Stepping Up

Help us DELETE NOTIFICATIONS!!!!!!!!!! 

Rumpl
First Steps

I see that there are lots of requests to allow deletion of notifications.  I also want to be able to delete the notifications.  fitbit admin, do you have any idea on when a delete notifications option will be added?

exerciseteach
Base Runner

I have notifications going back 4 months and they are not deleting every mo as they say they will. Very annoying. We should be able to delete whatever we wish in a very simple manner.  Using up valuable phone space which I need ...sure don;t need dumb notifications.

mstephens93
Jogger

I want to delete those in app notifications.

Birchcrest
First Steps

This is crazy that you cannot delete these notifications.  You have to correct this ASAP.  I agree with everyone's comments.

Plevar
First Steps

Please add a feature where we can delete all messages and notifications it's annoying that they are piling up.

Pheoniz
First Steps

I find the notification annoying after a while.  Please update the software to allow the notifications to be deleted.  There really is no need for them after one day.  Thanks.

citygirl60605
First Steps

Ditto to all, PLEASE let us delete notifications. thank you!

BarbInPhx
First Steps

I would like to delete notifications after I read them. Thanks.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.