Lock screen/buttons during exercise for all Fitbit devices

I've seen similar ideas/feedback noted for the Surge/Blaze and I'd love to see the same sort of thing for the Ionic, I also saw an idea to change the 'stop exercise' button to the (left) hand button on the Ionic which would too be good but would very much prefer a lock screen if possible 🙂

When I'm sometimes performing pushups, boxing, burpees or anything that causes my hand to bend, I've sometimes ended up pushing the bottom right hand button to 'pause' the workout and then sometimes ended up pushing multiple buttons during workouts to end it prematurely.

I'd love it if it were possible to disable the buttons during certain workouts or have some kind of lock screen, maybe even a long-button push option to only unlock the screen when holding one of the buttons for a few seconds etc. At the moment, it's just far too easy to accidentally click the right hand buttons which are tied to pausing/ending workouts.

An idea which would be great would be that my old android watch had, I could turn the screen on with a button although in order to interact any further, I would need to manually swipe away a lock screen (or you could set it up with a PIN each time) and then you'd be able to start/end/pause the workout.

Thanks a lot for reading, really hope this could be considered for a future firmware update Smiley Happy

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

346 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @GT18, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to lock the screen and button of your Fitbit device while tracking an exercise with us. We also appreciate your feedback and because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

rubenruben
First Steps
This has to be the most annoying thing about the device, it constantly pauses, ends and interrupts exercise workouts. Can you please add it as a setting to lock the screen during exercise so users can toggle it on and off.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @rubenruben, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding lock screen during exercise for Fitbit Sense. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
There needs to be an option where you can lock the screen during exercise and disable the side button to enable the workouts to run constantly regardless of activity.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to lock your Versa 3 when tracking your exercise with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
That fitbit don't hide useful requests under a post,they closed 4 years ago and they provide a lock feature otherwise the watches are redundant for logging exercise!

Just in case you missed it fitbit - hiding new versions of this request is not customer friendly and makes this feature redundant! Try actually responding to the request!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about locking your Versa 2 when tracking your exercise. Because this idea was already requested, we've moved your post here so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for.

While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Babsie5
Jogger
Sense 2 Lock Screen option
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Babsie5, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to lock screen/buttons during exercise on Sense 2. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Cabradyjr1
First Steps
My only complaint about the fitbit watches is that they don't have a lock screen during the workout/exercise mode. This has been my complain for years. Will you guys make it so when the watch will lock in exercise mode. I hate that every time i do a pushing exercise it turns off
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Babsie5, thanks again for taking the time to share this suggestion about locking your Fitbit when tracking your exercise. Because this idea was already requested, we've moved your post here so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable, and see which idea other members are voting for.

While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Sean1k
First Steps
I love my new inspire 3. But when I exercise (play hockey), I guess my equipment touches my tracker screen and it turns off. Would it be possible to lock tracker while exercising? Water lock is included for swimming so very similar. NB this didn’t happen with my charge 4
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sean1k, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to lock the screen of your Inspire 3 during your exercise with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Ash1129
First Steps
Add an option to lock the watch to limit any accidental touches.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ash1129, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to lock your Fitbit device during exercise with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Jessie12344
First Steps
My Fitbit Versa is constantly pausing and often ending exercises I am currently in the middle of. It’s so bad I’ve stopped bothering to track my activity.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jessie12344, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to lock the screen during exercise with us. I noticed this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

PhillHousego
First Steps
Ability to lock the screen of any fitbit's was suggested back in 2015, its an obvious software change that would make the world of different to stop accidental touches during workouts to pause or end workouts early. I'll be moving to an alternative device if this feature isnt added in the near future as fitbit clearly dont listen to their customers
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @PhillHousego, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about having an option to lock the screen while tracking an exercise with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Lock_mode
First Steps

We need a screen lock feature during intense outdoor workouts. Presently, my workout often gets cancelled!

Considering the watch already includes a 'device lock' feature that locks the device every 24 hours (which requires a PIN to unlock), it should be feasible to integrate this locking mechanism during outdoor exercises
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lock_mode, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to lock the screen of your Fitbit device during exercise with us. It seems this product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.