Manual entry of Stairclimber (add floors/distance)

The Fitbit doesn't register floors climbed on Steppermills and Stair Masters.

It would be great if we could manualy add floors to our daily totals.

Obviously we are already adding steps / calories / active minutes from doing the exercise... just want to add the floors.

Thanks

Moderator edit: labels.

320 Comments
ash789
Jogger

I would like to see the ability to add the number of floors climbed during an activity period (perhaps entered in total # of feet i.e. 250ft climbed = 25 floors).  I often use a hill program on the treadmill at the gym and would like the full picture of my workout including increased calories burned from climbing "hills" or floors on the treadmill.  This would also show in my dashboard that I've met my daily floors goal.

gelamama
Jogger

i agree. my floors climbed and stairs count is nowhere near the total from stepmill. i have 10 total floors all day and i climbed 74 on the mill. walking on the treadmill gave me twice as much recognition as the stepmill and the step mill was much harder!

melissabales
Recovery Runner

I could NOT agree more.   I am a fitness FREAK and a bit OCD.    I love my force but I am very very unhappy at the fact that you can override treadmill walk times, distance  but you  cannot correct/update floors.   The stairclimber is incredible machine and yet we get a big 0 and throws off any of our benchmarking of oursevles.  We should be able to log any activity and override for a given time period - steps, distance AND floors.   To me it is critical.    a MUST HAVE...     Seems simple since they already have the ability to do for distance.     PLEASE update this feature SOON.

jimboba
Stepping Up

I agree.  Running or walking on a treadmill at a 5% incline for a mile is approximately 250 feet in elevation gain, or about 25 floors.  One would think you ought to be able to manually record the floors on a treadmill in a fitbit activity record.

sdrice
First Steps

Can you please add a way for Flex users to manually log floors?

redphlox
Premium User
Jogger

It would be great if there was a place where we could enter our flights of stairs manually on the dashboard and/or the mobile applications.  We can set a goal but we can't record our progress towards the goal.  I miss the stairs goal from my days with the One fitbit model.  Thanks!

sdrice
First Steps

Can you please add a way for Flex users to manually log floors?

DotᚖMac
Strider

Yes, please give us the ability to modify the "Floors" log.

I'm a beginner and want to set increasing goals specifically  for floors/stairs.  It's a bit demoralizing to discover that my floors aren't being recorded!

Thanks!

redstang
Recovery Runner

Yes!  Please add the ability to manually log floors.  It should be no different than logging steps.  There are many times when I have forgotten to put my fitbit on for a while and then can't add the floors I've traversed.  I hate "losing credit" for that activity.  Tracking this data is half the fun; no reason that shouldn't be easy to add.

Jsquared
First Steps

I often used the Stepmill for cardio and can climb 150-210 floors per session which does not record at all on the fitbit. I'd like to manually track these floors onto my dashboard.

Jsquared
First Steps

Please add a new activity for the Stepmill (rotating stairs) to,your activities for tracking. But with this, you need to be able to add feature to manually enter number of floors climbed. I often use the Stepmill for cardio, since I no longer run, and this activity does not register on the fitbit for floors climbed which is extremely disappointing. One session can register 150-200+ floors climbed. I cannot accurately track this activity each day. PLEASE consider adding these 2 new functions.

Moderator edit: added labels

roosmeimei
Jogger

I SO SO SO SO AGREE WITH THIS!!!!!

led64
Stepping Up

Agree, please add this! I just got a stepper, and would really like to be able to add this to my activity log.

greekgeek66
Jogger

If the FitBit One doesn't track the floors correctly (which sometimes it does not), you should be able to manually adjust/edit the number of floors climbed.

mbw
First Steps

I agree -- I go up a flight of stairs at work every day but it never registers because the stairs have a platform midway. Even though I don't stop for the 20 stairs that make up the flight of stairs, the device does not pick it up. I've complained about this but have been told there is no way to manually make those corrections. Either the device needs to be upgraded or the app needs to allow for manual intervention.

OrionD
Recovery Runner

does Fitbit ever respond or at least acknowledge these suggestions?

AVDAD
First Steps

Here! Here! The app Must have the ability to allow users to edit Floors Climbed...I live in a historical townhouse whose ceilings are 12 feet and my Charge has problems tracking my floors climbed. Please, just add this tweak to the app.

Thanks,

AV Dad

Patman023
Jogger

I did 21 floors in 6 minutes on the stairclimber at the gym, and not only was the calorie count hella low (im 265#), I didnt register a single floor.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I see many posts asking to allow us to edit in accurate floor counts.  Using the "Driving" work around is only a band-aide and removes other data associated with that time period.  It seems that a number of things can cause this issue for most of us.  I understand this doesn't impact the calorie count, but I do like to count floors climbed for work, but now the chart scale is off as it has this one enomoly in it and makes everything else look so much less.

Foonly
Jogger

The floor count even goes up when I take the elevator multiple times a day at work, or drive up a bridge ramp.

I'd like floors to work like sleep -  let me select it when I am actually doing stair climbing. With a feature like this, calories for the stair climb could even be adjusted based on time. This could be a great feature!

Opivali
Jogger
Today my Surge had me going up 4 or 5 floors. I know I only went up 2.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please, please, PLEASE Fitbit, add this feature.  I'd love to have the ability to remove erronious floor data while keeping other data intact.  

It's very blustery here in central PA and while out on my lunchtime walk, because of the wind gusts, I managed to add 12 floors to my count which is messing with my OCD stat tracking!

zmaj101
Jogger

YES!  Please let us manually edit data directly in the dashboard or activities log.  Adding drive time doesn't work.  In my case, I am given credit for over 1,300 mystery floors that only appear in my total and don't actually show up during any time period on the hour-by-hour activity log. 

susantuck
Base Runner

Yes, please!  It would be very helpful if we could manually halt and also roll back "stair count" until the issue of innacurate floor count is resolved.   

PJsDad
Recovery Runner

Totally agree.  If the data collected is not correct, for whatever reason, we must have a way to edit out that data so as not to skew our overall collection.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.