Manually log floors

Currently you can back date and manually input all other data from steps, caloeries and water but you can't add in floors climbed.

This would be helpful if for example you were mountain climbing and your Fitbit died or simply you forgot your Fitbit.

As it's currently available on all the other logs, making it available for floors can't be difficult.

Moderator Edition: Labels

84 Comments
FCD
Base Runner

I recently upgraded from Charge 2 to Charge 5 ... FitBit has removed the altimeter and floors function?  I guess that solves this problem but wasn't really the "fix" I was hoping for.  I wasn't expecting "new and improved" to have less functionality...

Apparently Charge 4 had the floors function but has been removed in Charge 5 ... buyer beware...

Stanleybear
Base Runner

Hello OP here - my Fitbit Charge 4 HR died completely after 2 years and 1 month and was out of warranty so Fitbit were unable/unwilling to help but they did offer a 35% discount on another FB.  Against my better judgement I decided to take advantage of the discount and chose an Inspire 3 which arrived yesterday and I noticed that the floors climbed had disappeared (it doesn't really affect me as I live in a bungalow) but can see how it would affect others.   Oddly I had bought a Fitbit for a git for a family member around the same time and the same thing has happened with theirs - I'm beginning to think that FB have built in obsolescence. 😢 😠

LesPaulMoreRay
Base Runner

lately, yes, charge 5’s go obsolete in a matter of months.  i had a charge 2 for 7 years with no issues only a scratched screen.  imthought i was upgrading to a 5…..what a joke. 

BonnyBev
Jogger

I have recently replaced my Charge 4 with a Charge 6. I do like some of the added features the Charge 6 offers, but I am quite disappointed I can’t, at the very least, manually log floors. I live in a multi floor home and climbing stairs add to my daily activity routine. It would be nice if the Fitbit app developers would add this, since other features on the app can be added/changed. 

FCD
Base Runner

BonnyBev,

I upgraded to a Charge 5 about 6 months ago and was dismayed to learn the altimeter was removed starting with the Charge 5?  I'm not sure it has been added back to the Charge 6 but would be pleasantly surprised.  Is there a really a function on the charge 6 to track floors?  

OhMyDogs
Jogger

I totally agree with you!

I understand that the Charge 6 does not automatically track floors/flights of stairs (probably to keep the cost down.) But it would be nice if we could self report floors/flights of stairs on the watch and/or app, just like one can do with some other exercises and one's weight.

Lisa7588
Jogger
I do a stairclimber at the gym .. my Fitbit gives me 0 floors for this
Sent from my iPhone
RogerdaleRoss
First Steps

As a new Fitbit user, I have to say that reading a 5 year long thread, where the developers still don't listen to customer desire.... Frustrating.

I know that Underarmor free app does log elevation gain simply by using my phone GPS. I'm tempted to try out the subscription version and see what else it offers. 

Uinseann83
First Steps

Can fitbit please add the facility to input floors climbed manually?

I do the stair climber at the gym average 300 floors and my sense 2 doesn't register this! It would be a great help if you could update the software to register this or allow people to input this information manually 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.