Measure Body Temperature

I would like to be able to monitor body temperature using my tracker.

Moderator edit: edit title for clarity & Labels

254 Comments
Dougiebros
Jogger

I was just thinking this! Glad I'm not the only one.

Holamak
First Steps
And if you could setup notifications for if you pass certin temperatures or heartrates so if my temp goes over x degrees I'll get a notification or if my HR goes over x BPM I'll get a notification. (As someone who suffers from anxiety this would be very helpful medically)
Bambinosplicer
First Steps
This would be great for women trying to become pregnant meaning more customers also! The body temperature raises when a woman is ovulating meaning this could be tracked using a fitbit. It's the only reason I have not bought one yet.
Jsantos
First Steps
Would be great if the FitBit Charge could record body temperature automatically throughout the day. Women will want to know their basal temperature. Some with medical issues will want to know their temperature. Others may want to know when their highest and lowest temperature is during their days and or nights compared to workout temp.
RogerJ03
Stepping Up

I would like if the surge can track my body temperature during normal and while exercising. Even tracking the pulse would be awesome along with the heart rate monitor. 

aeiea
First Steps

I and many others would love this for fertility reasons.

And people using the rhythm method may also benefit.

I agree that I haven't bought a Fitbit because the only things I need are HR and body temp. Please add this and I will buy 5 of them for the family! And recommend to all moms and moms to be!

Bambinosplicer
First Steps
This is very true about the rhythm method, I know it would be an expensive
addition to the fitbit. Fitbit should keep in mind the percentage of woman
who suffer with pcos, I myself being one. The huge amount infertile women
would be a vast income.
kylarochelle3
First Steps

As a gestational carrier, I signed a contract saying that for 6 weeks I would do all that I could to maintain a low core body temperature. I can't go in hot tubs or saunas and being in hot weather too long can also pose risk to the embryo. Living in Saint George, where we can reach 100 degrees in May, this severely affects my way of life. 
I am also not allowed to have my heart rate go above 140 bpm. If there were some kind of notification system through fitbit where I could know when I was approaching that rate or a dangerous body temperature I would feel a lot more comfortable living my daily life. I know that the fertility clinic I go through would recommend them to all their patients. 

Thanks for your consideration.

hollykravetZach
First Steps
I would like to add my voice to the please for a temperature reader! This would help me in our fertility journey!

I would also add if you could add health categories for women like we could check pregnant or breastfeeding as our physical needs are different during these times.
mandabrook
Jogger

It would be beyond amazing if Fitbit could track your basal body temperature for fertility charting. My son is constantly losing my thermometer and even if I have it I'm so exhausted I sleep through my alarm for it somedays. But if my Fitbit could take my temp at a specified time...lifesaver and huge fertility tracking tool!!! There are already similar devices but with the Fitbit name on it, it could be a huge seller. 1 in 8 couples suffer from infertility and a large number of those couples use BBT charting to achieve pregnancy. Help us out Fitbit!

Lieslll
Recovery Runner

It would be great if FitBit could track body temperature - I have a Charge HR and it already tracks heart rate, so not sure how difficult it would be to add this reading to it.

I plan to purchase another wearable device for a family member and they need to track body temperature and stress levels (i.e. Autonomic Nervous System tracking).

My Charge HR has been great, and I am sure, with a few tweaks in this direction FitBit could increase their market-share.

• A Fit Bit with Body Temperature and Stress Readings would be Awesome!

Cheers,

vtedin
Keeping Pace
would like to be able to monitor body temperature using my tracker.
Saeid
First Steps

Body temperature has a lot to tell us. A very important situation would be in summers when people and mostly children and teenagers are at risk of developing Heatstroke during sports. A temperature feature can help parents, coaches and doctors to intervene and stop the problem from the very beginning point of the process which is called "Heat Cramps" and do not let it got to the next dangerous levels (Heat Exhaustion and Heatstroke).   

Tpajs
First Steps
I would also like to current weather temperature as a feature like the Apple Watch does.
Sophiahr
First Steps
I also think that a thermometer would be a really good idea for the fitbits!
TTC43
First Steps

ME TOO!! I just called and spoke with a CSA and she said that she added it to the Fitbit forum as a future posible addition to the bracelets. I would love to be able to have the all in one bracelet that wouldn't require me to remove the fitbit at night and place the AVA or Tempdrop on.

cornfedgal
First Steps

Hi there - I recently started using a fit bit just to track my steps / sleep, etc., and I would really love to see a body temperature feature.     My use case seems to be unique, but it is something that will affect all women someday.  i am a gynelogical cancer survivor, and while I was able to keep my ovaries during my hysterectomy, they have a reduced blood flow and may be unfunctional or nearly so due to radiation and chemotherapy.    As such, I am in a weird state of early menopause / post menopause.  I have hot flashes, and would love to know the frequency that I get them.   There is no pattern that I can detect, nor do i have them every day, but it would be great to use a tracker to identify the pattern.    With this information, I could work with my doctor to devise a plan for possible hormone therapy to alleviate menopause symptoms.     Thank you!!!

UncleMickMack
Jogger

To the engineers at Fitbit:

Coming from another professional in the wireless medical device industry (who is not an engineer), I would like to ask that you look into integrating a thermometer into some of your products.  This, when calibrated properly, can help to make your devices more precise and accurate with regard to calorie burn figures.  From a more medical nature, this will also give your device some application in the healthcare space if body temperature can be tracked periodically or even continuously, as with heart rate.  Body temperature is a good indication of disease, infection, or other disruptions in bodily functions.  Hospitals are VERY sensitive to readmissions, especially from HAIs (Hospital Acquired Infections).  Using the Fitbit to monitor outpatients from invasive surgery procedures can help keep those rates down and money in your pockets.  Many connected health companies, such as mine, would also see a great benefit from this integration of a vital feature.  

And make the bloody things waterproof!  

In the meantime, keep up the great work.

Timarelay
First Steps

I think it would be awesome if Fitbit could break the tendency of things related to menstrual cycles and pregnancy being considered a "niche" market. So many people menstruate! So many people try to get pregnant! The technology available for the average consumer who is trying to track their cycles or trying to get pregnant is extremely primitive and yet also extremely expensive! People are buying single use devices like the Ava bracelet, Yono thermometer and Tempdrop, which cost just as much as a Fitbit if not more, and *only* track temperature! And people are buying them! This is a barely tapped market, and Fitbit has the benefit of being an established company with a large customer base. 

I would love it if I had the option to track my menstrual cycle with my Fitbit, even when not trying to conceive. People are already using the Heart Rate function to do this, because their resting heart rate increases after ovulation, just like their basal body temperature. Wouldn't it be great if Fitbit the company actually acknowledged this?

I've been a loyal Fitbit user for three years, but if another company creates a device that tracks my steps, sleep, and BBT? I'm jumping ship. 

Charmainepdx
First Steps

I would love temperature on my Fitbit HR. Upon googling I found so many other wearables have this function. Wish I would have considered that function before investing! 

meredithgillis
First Steps

+1 to the body temperature tracking.

The main reason I got my FitBit Charge HR was so I could improve my overall fitness so my body will be better prepared for an eventual baby. Being able to track my temperature would be an awesome feature that would make it much easier to track my cycle each month, and I know a number of other people who use thermometers first thing every morning who would also really appreciate the function.

N904507
First Steps

Basal body temperature tracking would be awesome for us ladies tracking our cycles. 

RedGem
First Steps

I would love this feature!!

OriginalRoxanne
First Steps

This needs to be a thing! The only thing holding me back from buying a Fitbit is that it doesn't monitor temperature. I'm trying to conceive, and it's so difficult to remember to check my temperature when I wake up. If the temperature monitor had an option to track temp for fertility that would rock. Something like you can set the temp monitor for certain activities like monitor while exercising, monitor at preset time, and monitor continuously (for those suffering anxiety, etc). 

Lmays
First Steps

Would love to see the temperature monitoring application also. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.