Measure Body Temperature

I would like to be able to monitor body temperature using my tracker.

Moderator edit: edit title for clarity & Labels

254 Comments
thorofrer
First Steps

They already have a fairly good platform and I believe that if they were to add more features like these people would pay for it. 

Kevnd
First Steps

I am looking at getting a tempurature monitor, are you planning to produce one and to include it in your dashboard

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love this feature on the Blaze.

Michael96
Recovery Runner

This would be an interesting concept to embed in the Fitbit lineup. I am not sure if the heart rate monitor is able to pick up heat, but I would be fascinated to see a temperature monitor become a reality.

CScanlon
First Steps

this is would be such a great feature especially for women because a great percentage of women track our ovulation and cycles by body temperature! 

Astriya
Jogger

I would love to have the temp monitor on my charge 2  that is such a fantastic idea!

HunKoon15
First Steps

Adding a body temperature reading to a Charge device would be a great addition and make the Charge truly an all-in-one tracker. 

swarhurst
First Steps

Yes, I would like a body temp measure too. Was reading this article, which had some resonance because I had already noticed that my base heart was elevated for a couple of weeks last year when I had a persistent cough and had come to the conclusion it must have been connected to the virus causing the cough given it went back down to normal afterwards.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/01/170112141153.htm

After reading that I googled to see if any fitbits (I have a charge HR) had any other sensors I wasn't aware of and found this forum.

Jenmeldahl14
First Steps

Please incorporate temperature tracking into the Fitbit!! For women trying to conceive, temperature tracking with cycle tracking is paramount! It would be epic if it could all be done with the Fitbit! 

MurielDE
First Steps

I have a Charge 2 since Christmas (2016).  I am very surprised body temperature is not already an option.  I would really like to have that feature!

@NDF wrote:

I would like to be able to monitor body temperature using my tracker.

Moderator edit: edit title for clarity

magnate
First Steps

I am an academic researcher, interested in thermal comfort modelling of smart building occupants.

Both skin and near-body temperature sensors would be vital for Fitbit's contribution to such research areas as: user state-modelling / personalisation, artificial intelligence, and the internet of things.

If you happen to already have capable prototypes, please contact me.

SVan0102
First Steps

Would love to be able to track body temperature. As others have stated, the feature is available on trackers like the Ava bracelet. It seems silly to me to take off my fit bit at night and track my sleep and temperature with a different device. 

Although I have been a loyal Fitbit customer I will gladly trade devices if someone else comes out with a watch able to track activity, sleep and temperature.

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

Really good idea. 

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

The pros definitely outweigh the cons in this idea. Please implement this!

Abigail.x.x
Recovery Runner

Put in a design that shows us what our body temperature is 

Riekopo
Base Runner

Probably would need new sensors to get that information.

bbissett
First Steps

@Abigail.x.x wrote:

Put in a design that shows us what our body temperature is 

Unless you wore the fitbit on your forehead or implanted some kind of sensor (ugh), I don't think this would work. There isn't a good correlation between skin temperature and core temperature.

Runningblind
First Steps

we have bn asking since 2015. New fitbits have come and gone. Any updates if you will be adding body temperature? 

Chadwickfischer
First Steps

+1! great idea

Kevin1313
Base Runner

Bumping this to get more exposure. This would be a game changer, putting FitBit truly in a league of its own.

This probably would require some new hardware on the device, so maybe this could be included on a new model. But it would add TREMENDOUS value to the data fitbit gives. Adding temperature to the data FitBit tracks would be nearly professional level medical data tracking, like you get in a Hospital.

The possibilities for ovulation tracking also add a new interesting dynamic to the fitbit.

cjohnwalsh
First Steps

Hi,

I was recently ill and thought it would be a good idea if my FitBit tracker could track changes in my body temperature. Maybe it would give people more of an insight into their health. 

Thanks,

Chris

andyleigh12
First Steps

It would be amazing if there was a Fitbit that tracked basal body temperature, like the Ava fertility bracelet does, to predict menstrual cycles and fertility. The Ava bracelet is specifically designed to help women get pregnant, but plenty of women would love to track their cycles for other reasons. I know I would love to have this feature, and I'm sure I'm not alone!

KristinaG86
Recovery Runner
This is a need that would be primarily marketed toward women... Body temp trackers would make the price of the fitbit increase, and since fitbit markets to men as well as women, it's unlikely they will add a feature that is superfluous for men and would increase the price across the board. They could make two different trackers though like the charge and the charge hr. Something like Charge HR+body temp..... They need to change or with my nect tracker I will be switching to bellabeat which is a tracker specifically designed for women. Bellabeat automatically tracks a woman's cycle using body temp. If I had known about that *awesome* feature before I bought my HR2, I would have invested in the Bellabeat instead.
VasanthRS
Stepping Up

I agree, This feature would be a game changer.  Body Temperature represents the human health. This is one of the 3 parameter which should be measured to diagnose the person health. Balancing of ones own temperature will keep's the person in healthier state. Based on his body temperature we could suggest what to eat and what not.

Keep up your great work team. Looking forward for immortal world, meant to live the life to the fullest without any disease. 

TMiller731
First Steps

I would love to have a Fitbit that would measure my body temperature 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.