Measure Body Temperature

I would like to be able to monitor body temperature using my tracker.

Moderator edit: edit title for clarity & Labels

254 Comments
Pikey325
First Steps

This would be awesome and would enable integration with smart home appliances.  Body temperature drops or increases, notify nest thermostat and turn the heating on in the room your in.

As a man, I can say this feature would definitely appeal to my inner nerd for all sorts of reasons, not just a feature for women

Ashed420
First Steps

Sure would like to be able to take my body temperature with this new Ultra HR $158 come on you guys get it together thank you so very much

chimichannika
First Steps

Oh my goodness, I'd absolutely love a body temp tracker. (I have the Fitbit flex for context) I struggle with intense health anxiety and I have to carry an oral thermometer with me in my purse everywhere I go in case I get an anxiety attack that's bad enough that I need to check it. If this was a Fitbit feature though, something I could just check on the app I think I would cry of happiness and relief because:

1) no more sudden need to leave and take my temperature in private to avoid causing a scene; also no need to step out of class, etc. and miss information.

2) no unnecessary panic from others when they see me whip out the thermometer in the middle of a class / movie / social thing etc 

3) easier and quicker to check since Fitbit tracks things continually

4) would potentially help me get through anxiety attacks quicker 

anyway this sort of thing would be a godsend! 🙂

bikersings
First Steps

I live in Southern California where the temperatures can get up to 127 degrees (yep, 127 the other day!).  It would be very useful to know both body temp and ambient temp so that I can judge if I'm getting overheated or it is too hot to be outside.  I see that many have made the same suggestions but have not seen nor heard any responses from FitBit.  How 'bout it FitBit?

gsr-
Jogger

Glad to add a vote for body temperature monitoring.  Any word on this?  Should go easily on the Blaze.

Akethon
First Steps

Body temperature please would be great. I vote yes

MurielDE
First Steps

Temperature would be great for many reasons mentioned by other users - chronic ailment, fertility, hot flashes and so on. They do exist in other brands if you care to google it.  

mpatenaude02
First Steps

Basal body temperature tracking would be an amazing addition! I'd totally pay a bit more for that extra feature. 

Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for contributing with your idea to our feature suggestion Board. This post has been archived due to inactivity, and can no longer receive votes or comments. 

Jlc392
First Steps

Needing to track my temperature is the one thing holding me back from purchasing an upgraded Fitbit over another brand. Please add to future models!

ERNelson
First Steps

Hello! 

I am not a Fitbit owner, but I would own one if they were able to track the wearer's body temperature. 

As a person practicing Natural Family Planning, I take my temperature every morning to determine where I am in my menstrual cycle. More and more women are beginning to use their temperature to track their cycle in an effort to get pregnant (or avoid a pregnancy) and determine when the optimum times are to try to conceive. 

Skin temperature isn't quite the same as internal temperature, but the inner wrists are two of the warmest areas of the skin, and if a person were always tracking their temperature via the same method, she'd still be able to see a similar pattern in temperature change as what she would with an oral thermometer. 

The best time to take one's basal body temperature (BBT) reading is while one is sleeping. Right now, that's not an option. But if Fitbits could do it, I would definitely own one.

Surely if the Fitbit is sensitive enough to detect heart rate through the skin and determine how well a person slept, it is smart enough (or would be, with a few tweaks) to detect temperature as well.

Thank you for your consideration,

Elizabeth

ProChocolatEatr
First Steps

I'm very sick and bought the fitbit charge 2 to help keep me active in my final days.   I have the need to log my body temperature daily and would love to see it added.  I'm sure others have the need as well.   

Moderator Edit: All-caps

moosecat
Base Runner

This would be a pretty great addition, in my opinion. But, I'd think it would require hardware changes rather than just software updates, so I wouldn't get my hopes up for the Ionic. Would be nice to see this in their next trackers though!

ProChocolatEatr
First Steps

awwwwe...   i thank you for considering it and especially for replying.

@ProChocolatEatr wrote:

I'm very sick and bought the fitbit charge 2 to help keep me active in my final days.   I have the need to log my body temperature daily and would love to see it added.  I'm sure others have the need as well.   

moosecat
Base Runner

Hey, I could be wrong, though! I don't work for Fitbit so I can't speak for their hardware's capabilities. It's just an assumption, since it would be silly if they hardware was able to do it but they don't have it available to users. Either way, I've voted this up since I would love to see it as a feature!

ProChocolatEatr
First Steps

ahhhh    ok    lol  thanks for the clarification.   i was thinkn you worked there.    

Giboulz
Recovery Runner

Body temp and outside temp would be a nice featurr. Could help detect illness

narcomedusa
First Steps

Basal Body Temperature (BBT) tracking would be great for cycle management.

emzee
First Steps

I would love to be able to see my body temperature, as I feel monitoring would be a good way to track health

HeatherD47
Stepping Up

I'm monitoring temps as I attempt to deal with hypothyroidism. Fitbit monitoring for me continuously would be huge help.

Paulnut
First Steps

It will be real nice if you add this feature (also e-ink display please ) in next update ;). Your devices real very stable and I love them much!

FibitFriend
First Steps

I thought the other day of another suggestion for a Fitbit tracker. Temperature. So if you are ill you can see the temperature if you need some medicine. Hope you like my idea. 😉

DGA_Syd
Jogger

Monitoring body temperature in conjuction with heart rate and movement, would be beneficial in understanding sleep patterns and the overall sleep function of your devices.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'd pay extra for a fitbit model with a body temperature/thermometer sensor. 

AnneBBoulder
Jogger

Count me in as very interested in the Fitbit supplying body temperature data.  I have commented elsewhere on this site on this topic.
 Allowing users to passively gather their temp data without getting a thermometer is a big deal for women watching their fertility!  Since BBT is a powerful way for women to manage their fertility you might find immense markets opening up outside of fitness markets.  Powerful global agencies (Melinda Gates and all agencies helping people manage their reproduction) would probably take a look and open doorways for the spread of this technology if it works.   There could be positive global effects!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.