Measure Body Temperature

I would like to be able to monitor body temperature using my tracker.

Moderator edit: edit title for clarity & Labels

254 Comments
EdP
First Steps
An option that could improve the Fitbit HR:
Is it possible to upgrade the system (firmware etc.) so it can show body temp?
There's already a sensor that measures  the heart-rate, so ...
The combination heart-rate in combination with body temp tells every user much more.
mimitweetsme
Jogger

Let me start by saying, "I love data!"  FitBit already does such an incredible job of compiling key info in one place, I'd like to request, you add a tracker to the dashboard which allows me to manually input and track my basal temperature. 

Many women begin their fitness journey to prepare their body for baby. While it may be unrealistic to expect any of the Fit Bit devices to track basal temperature or even body temp accurately, could FitBit developers consider adding a basal temp tracker to the dashboard?   It could be listed as a special feature for women or mom hopefuls. 

Thank you!

craigcf
Walker
I'd like to see a temperature displayed on the main clock screen, like the notification you see on the mobile phone.
Nikky
First Steps

For those women who track basal temperature for family planning, a temperature tracking tile would be great! Also, one day, a themomiter that automaticaly sincs temperature to your account would be amazing. 

pmartinez1231
First Steps

I would love to see my body temp at any point of the day particularly during a hot summer run. I would find it extremely useful and something not many others (if any) trackers have. 

Thanks!

fitstat
First Steps

There should be a thermometer to measure your temerature range. Simple tech, and useful data.  

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Cool idea @NDF! It would be very useful to have this reading included. I will gladly send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum. Thanks!

EJPennypacker
Recovery Runner

I'd love for a body temp sensor to provide insight into possible sickness. This could be in the form of a text/msg alert to your phone that you may be likely turning sick (too low/high sustained body temp).

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Wouldn't it be nice to have a body temperature mode where you can see if you're cold, hot, normal and all set out in a graph just like the heart rate mode.

It would also be great if you could do an underwater version, for those who swimbit.

And what about the first smart watch from fitbit everything a fitbit does, plus reply to messages maybe even make a phone call with a Bluetooth headset.

One last little thing, a digital compose perhaps.

Thank you for your time, Ross.
Status changed to: Duplicate
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing yhour ideas with us @SunsetRunner!

I'd just like to direct you to some existing feature requests of these types where you can add your votes and comments:

-Body Temperature request

-Waterproof tracker request

For the other two requests, I'm not sure if there are already existing requests but you can use the search option to find out or create a separate feature request for each.

Thanks for participating in the Feature Request board.

Briana82
First Steps
A temperature sensor would be very useful for those who are pregnant and want to continue to work out.
arodhoy
Jogger
How cool would it be if the products showed real time bodily temperature!?
arodhoy
Jogger
How cool would it be if the products showed real time bodily temperature!?
AlexeiZverev
Recovery Runner

If there was a thermometer inside the trackers, we would have seen the the temperature already. 

songbird1329
Strider

Body temp?  Cool idea, not something I'd actually look for in a tracker, but interesting to have.

mizzylou
Jogger

This wouldn't really be very feasible. Surface temperatures are not accurate, and any thermometer sat on the surface would be more of a reflection of the environment.

Picrite
Jogger

No body temperature sensor in the charge HR.

Also would need to be very accurate as our normal body temp has a range of 1 degree Celcius

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would be cool if it could be included.

Michaels19
Tempo Runner
Reliable Thermometers are expense, but if Fitbit could devolvep one on your wrist that would be cool, now Idk if the wrist temp changes with fever, (I'm not a Dr. But would like to be one.) but if it does, then Fitbit needs to take advantage and let ppl know when they are sick. Now formulas can be used to develop this more, with data from a study someone will be able to tell if a clear difference is there or any pattern.
Kay_13
First Steps
Dear Fitbit, I was recently sick and I was constantly taking my temperature. I thought that it would be really cool if Fitbit could take your temperature! It would make it so much faster and easier if Fitbit would put your temperature in.
Kay_13
First Steps

Dear Fitbit, I was recently sick and I was constantly taking my temperature. I thought that it would be really cool if Fitbit could take your temperature! It would make it so much faster and easier if Fitbit would put your temperature in.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please. Smiley Happy

4rthur
First Steps
Very nice idea!!
Michaels19
Tempo Runner
I have also posted on this, so I agree this would help, feel free to check out my post also
BWT
First Steps
I believe that surface measurement of skin temperature is not sufficient for analysis of health conditions.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.