Menopause (Pre, during and post) tracking

Good Day.  I am impressed by the implementation of "Period Cycles" etc under "Female Health" and all of the (well thought out) subsequent suggestions by the community on this subject.  However,  aside from "ELLYMAY46" who posed a question on "Hot Flushes",  Fitbit has completely neglected the consideration of the ladies undergoing Menopause (in any one of the three stages).  Now ladies, please bear in mind that Menopause may begin as early as in one's 30's. There are many cycles to a female's body in her life time, not just "the dreaded period part". Please consider adding Menopause as part of "Female Health.   We are not all grey headed great grandmothers who are bed ridden with one foot at deaths' door. Not only the beautiful, young, with their lithe firm bodies wear Fitbit. Menopause can strike at any time and it affects every lady differently.  It's duration also differs from one to another. You only understand it's annoying symptoms if you have / had them.  Thank you.

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

61 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Pekcanada, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to track any data related to perimenopause and menopause with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Jenowens
First Steps
Given that no one in the US wants to be tracking menstruation, but there is a large and aging female user base for Fitbit that needs menopause-related health information, develop a NON-menstruation analytics/logging feature set for perimenopause and menopause related symptoms like sleep disturbance, urination issues, hair loss, irritability.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Jenowens, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track menopause (pre, during and post) on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Kardea71
First Steps
Add a (peri)menopause tracking list to the menstrual health feature
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Kardea71, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to track a peri menstrual period on the Menstrual Health Tracking tile with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Why can't I make menstrual health tracking set to menopause, no periods? Why have you decided to not track hot flashes (which severely affects my sleep and well being?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to track menopause on the Menstrual Health Tracking tile with us. Because this idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Tjenks
First Steps
  • I find most menstrual apps help with period tracking to help get pregnant or prevent pregnancy. That would have been great when I was younger. Now that I’m in my early 50’d and have had my tubes tied to 22 years I would like an app the helps with premenopausal periods and symptoms. I’ve yet to find one that helps with premenopausal symptoms or suggestions. I don’t need an app to telll me if I have sex 15 days after my period that I could get pregnant because, no I can’t! Anyone else frustrated with that?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Tjenks, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to track your pre-menopausal periods and symptoms with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

NixNicolas
First Steps
Add features for tracking menopausal symptoms. This would help women track their journey from pre- to peri- to post-menopausal stages. It's like reverse tracker for menstrual health.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @NixNicolas, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to track menopausal stages on the Fitbit app. I noticed this product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.