More clock faces for the Charge 5

More clock faces for charge five

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

306 Comments
nacinla
Recovery Runner

Well, I must confess that I caved and went back to the Charge 5 because the price dropped by one-third to $109 and I figured I could survive with its flawed functionality and silly faces instead of paying $400 for an Apple Watch. That said, I'm disappointed to see that the company is not responding to user requests for more faces except to send them to the FAQ page. They're also apparently not responding to other issues that have gone on for a while, e.g., the pesky notifications that keep reappearing. (It was suggested to a user who complained about that they they disable calendar notifications in the Fitbit app. So, in other words, "We're not fixing this; just live without the feature.") I've also noticed that "Active Call" is displayed long after I've hung up the phone. You would think that a company that's been making these things for several years would have it down by now. 

UlrikeDG
Runner
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JimRW, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding more clock faces for Charge 5. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

Walkabout4729
Recovery Runner

I agree with comment about the clock face named "slashed".  I find   it hard to believe that they would design a clock face that purposefully obscured part of the time!  I created another thread on this issue (as well as the complaint about the limited options available), and received a followup email requesting a picture of the clock face.  It's in their hands now.  Let's see what happens.

Tratka
First Steps

I have Charge 5 since 3 months and I hate all clock faces. They are all so horrible, like from 1980. I want to see everything on 1 screen - steps, heart rate, clock, date - there is only 1 clock face like that and I don’t like it. Even my Charge 2 had much better clock face than this. It makes me not want to use it.  I am considering change for another brand …

baajis
First Steps

I recently changed from Charge 3 --> 5 and was surprised how horrible the clock faces for Charge 5 are. I agree with many people here that please design new faces. Personally I would like to see the following:

* More basic look with less colors (sometimes less is more)

* Include time, date, with options to toggle with steps, HR, calories etc

AzaB2C
Jogger
Voted with my wallet and returned Charge 5 after seeing no meaningful
response from support, or clear commitment by product team to resolve.
Zero69
Jogger

Yes! We need more that display all info clearly like “Slashed” which seems to be the popular one with all my friends and I.

BarryMW
Recovery Runner

The clock faces on the Charge 5 are terrible. 

HH

MM

Hours over mins is a horrible idea and they outnumber more traditional faces. 

As for the traditional HH:MM faces, can we please have some more professional offerings. 
I’d like to see the the return of Time & HR as I had on my Charge 3. 

But this thread is now way way too old and no solid feedback or commitment. 

I may have to fix this myself, and Withings comes to mind!

I feel like a long term & now abandoned Fitbit user. 

Barry

ThreeOne
Recovery Runner

There has been no response from Fitbit on this and I am concerned. Are Fitbit going to do anything about the clockfaces? There is now an overwhelming consensus that better clockfaces are needed. Surely it doesn't take much in this day and age of supercomputers and being able to update on the fly that this is easily done. 

JimRW
Jogger

Agreed.  Nothing except "Thanks for your comments!" type replies, but no action.  Beyond frustrating.  It's like an intentional effort to tick off customers.

nacinla
Recovery Runner

I think that everyone can pretty much conclude from this thread, which is now five screens long (on my computer), and other similar threads, that Fitbit doesn't care. By now they could have dropped a simpler face. It's just not that difficult to go in and strip off or rewrite code for these designs. So I'm giving up on this issue. Meanwhile, I have reset the software on my Charge 5 for the third or fourth time in hopes that it will sync more quickly, which has taken multiple tries, each lasting ~2 minutes. My plan now is to get a year out of this device  — which is not better than my Charge 2 that died — and then buy an Apple Watch, which I should have done in the first place. Good luck, everyone!

Nschickle
Recovery Runner

I tried directly responding to the post above (like I always do) and it says the inbox is full so you can't even do that anymore. Fitbit gave up, jump **ahem**.... I mean ship. They do like removing comments though so I'm sure there still mods lurking to remove the ones saying they could do it better or to report issues as "duplicates" when they clearly have stated in this thread that we're worthless because we already spent the money and don't have more to offer I guess. Maybe when Google bought Fitbit, they just did it to destroy Fitbit by making the worst thing possible.

revbruce3
First Steps

Please develop more charge 5 faces or make the ability to develop your own available like on the ionic.

Nschickle
Recovery Runner
Though less burning would be nice lol.
Nsela
First Steps

I can't like this enough!!! Please add clock faces to charge 5! All of them are crap now, add analog option that are not pink or green!! 

Nschickle
Recovery Runner
Imagine having red/green colorblindness...
I22yb
Jogger
I don't have to imagine, I have it.
DaveBohl
Jogger

I started this thread.  There are like 400 comments.  

I would like a simple clock face with the following information which is fixed that we don't have to scroll through to find:

Time

Date

Steps

White numbers on a black background would be fine.  It doesn't have to look like it was made by Andy Worhal.  Look in the 400 comments.  Many people agree.  Many people are also frustrated that you solicit input from your customers and then seem to take no action on it.

How much effort could it possibly take to create this simple clock face?

It is time to show you listen to your customers and care about them Fitbit.  In looking at all those comments note the number of folks who are frustrated by your lack of responsiveness and vowing not to buy another product from you.

I pre-subscribed and purchased before you had product to deliver.  I'm a loyal guy.  However, this is trying my patience.

Nschickle
Recovery Runner
Apologies, I hope it's fixed soon but not something I expect.
SoLuKo
First Steps

I just upgraded from an Alta and I’m shocked at the lack of functional clock faces (both analog and digital) with seconds. There’s also so much more they can do with the display and yet there are no customizable features for any of the clock faces. Like being able to pick the main stat you want displayed or turning “display seconds” on and off. Even just having variations that include seconds or different colors wouldn’t be that hard for some of the current clock faces. 
I have some visual processing issues so being able to have a simple display with the date and time (in digital format with seconds) horizontally with a simple set up for the goals is easiest for me to read. The Target theme does this well, but it doesn’t display seconds and I need that for my job, so I have to use the Statposter theme, which takes me longer to visually process because of the way the clock numbers are set up vertically.

I hope to see Fitbit actually address this before the device turns a year old in August. Display options are one of the simpler things to address in devices such as these and it’d be embarrassing for the company if they can’t accomplish reasonable changes and options within a year of the device’s release. 

mrittman
Stepping Up

Still no new clock faces since the Charge 5 debuted… 🤦🏼‍:male_sign:

BarryMW
Recovery Runner

With this thread being open since 09/30/2021 and receiving nothing but Lip Service, I've just cancelled my upcoming Premium Membership payment.

I'm STUCK with the C5 device, but I don't have to keep sending them more money for failure to support their loyal user community.

OH, Fitbit, should you be so inclined... I love for you to extend me a refund for my Charge 5 device.

I purchased October 2021 via Amazon and will gladly provide a copy of the receipt. I'll even accept a lower amount due to it being in worn condition. Contact me with an offer, thanks!

Sincerely

Barry

JakeStrava
Jogger

Any update on this? All the clock faces are terrible.

Trashisfree
Jogger

Slashed is the most functional of the charge 5 clock faces. Why it has to be crooked and cut off part of the time is inexcusable. I'm 53 years old I don't really want a clockface for a 14 year old. Cutting off the lower part of the time is like seeing a picture hung crooked automatically triggers my OCD. Had I known about the terrible choice of clock faces I would not have bought a charge 5 and I'm still considering returning it. Plain simple clock faces for older people, people with traumatic brain injuries and dementia and Alzheimer's.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.