More clock/watch faces for the Charge 3!

So, the Charge 3 is out and there is a huge let down:

There are only 5 clock/watch faces:charge 3 clock.png

Come on Fitbit...at least include all the Charge 2 watch faces too. We all loved the Charge 2 watch face with the time, date and the highlighted feature (steps/heart rate etc.)

Whats missing:

- Faces with the actual DATE and DAY

- Faces with a DIGITAL SECONDS TIMER

Or to say it again, just include the Charge 2 watch faces. Thanks in advance.

1,624 Comments
Belix
Jogger

Also been asking for days of the week on more faces since getting a charge 2 (along with auto disabling of the backlight during sleep hours).

See nothing has changed with intro of charge 3...

Can't need much programmer time to add the day of eh week, surely?

GetMatt
Jogger

Would be nice if there was an option like the "Steps Date" clock face on the Charge 3, but had a toggle to show steps or heart rate.  Or maybe better yet an editor where you can just customize your own water face. Could be as simple as each of the components of the current watch faces is a module. So a few fro steps and few for clock, date, heart rate. Then you can just add them on there and drag them around to where you want them to be on the face of the watch.

the other options would to allow a way for people to just make their own entirely and post it online for others to use.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I’m finding it interesting in their twitter they do not mention Charge 3 at all.  All the emails and just got one is on the latest Versa Lite etc.  if this is the case Fitbit you are a disgrace.  The price of the Versa is outside my range.  Seems a loyal customer like myself, having bought 3 Fitbits is not being considered any more.  I like the Charge 2 and when that dies looks like I won’t be a Fitbit customer anymore.  The silence re Charge 3 is certainly deafening, like a very loud bang!!!  It is just unbelievable.......

Status changed to: Released
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone! Thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re happy to let you know that this has been released on Charge 3. You can check the steps listed here to change the clock face and see all the available options at the moment; the "Stats heavy” and “Retro double stat” clock faces were released a few weeks ago. @MrPuma, as you've submitted a high quality suggestion that was released, you will now receive a higher voting weight worth 5 votes. Thank you for sharing your ideas and enthusiasm with the Community. 

We are marking this as released because the majority of requests and comments in this thread pertain to wanting clock faces with more statistics, which these 2 clock faces include. If you would still like more clock faces for Charge 3, please start another suggestion and include specifics in your comments as to what you're wanting. 

hunybe
Recovery Runner

I love the new Charge 3 faces, especially the Retro face,   but what i need added to the Charge 3 Retro Face is the DAY OF THE WEEK!!!! Please. PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

TedL
Base Runner
Several people have made two suggestions, one general, and one specific.
The specific is to add the day of the week to the charge 3 retro clock face
(if I remember right), the general one is to provide a highly configurable
clock face: where you can pick which stats you want, where you want them,
and which among several fonts/sizes you want for each of them. Is there a
way we are supposed to formally submit those suggestions and vote on them?
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
TedL
Base Runner
Yes! How do we vote on that?
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

So does that mean you don’t have swipe or use the button to view the info or is the info to view like the Charge 2?

artaran
Jogger
There some good changes, but there are no changes to the analogue watch.
TedL
Base Runner

This is in response to Fizzz12. I assume you are responding to my comment — it's hard to tell, since this community exchange does not seem to keep track of who is responding to whom.  It's worse than Facebook, which isn't very good in that regard as it is!  Anyway, I never had a Charge 2 so I don't know what you are referring to.  In any case, the suggestions to have configurable clock faces aren't completely fleshed out — but I'd assume that if the primary face you have set up doesn't have the particular stat you want to be looking for at some time, you could swipe or tap to bring up more stats.

MrPuma
Runner

Good job guys! 

Nice to see that my/our suggestion worked out and Fitbit listened.

Enjoy the clock faces. Definitely a lot of improvement since day 1.

ChrisBoBMMS
Recovery Runner

I'm glad I didn't get a charge 3 sooner - the new clock faces were just added and I'm still disappointed.  Why aren't the faces configurable?  The charge 2 allowed me to set what I was seeing.  The most important stat for me to look at is the total steps and hourly activity (as in, how close am I to the 250 steps this hour and how many hours have I achieved).  I guess I'll switch back to my charge 3 until then.  I hope it's fixed before I can start swimming this summer.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi TedL Recovery Runner, I do not want to have to swipe to get info.  The Charge 2 you just have to raise your hand for it to light up and give me the stats of steps, HR, time, date.  So to me it’s a retrograde step to have to swipe to give me those details!!

TedL
Base Runner
The Charge 3 works the same way. If raising your wrist doesn’t wake the
watch up, which unfortunately all too often it doesn’t, then you tap it to
bring up the time and an initial stat or stats. Only then do you have to
tap or swipe to bring up additional stats.
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
decemberroses
Jogger

Thank you SO much for finally giving us the face that so many of us wanted--Time, Date, Steps, and Heart Rate! It's perfect.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Decemberroses Jogger

great that they have added that clock face but don’t you have to swipe to see the details?  What is on the clock face when you first look at it?

TedL
Base Runner
What’s on it for the face I’m using is the time, date, steps (both numeric
and with a little bar graph that shows progress to the daily goal) and
heart rate. If you swipe up you get %battery charge added; if you keep
swiping up you get more stats. If you tap instead of swipe you just get
more staps. If you swipe right you get more “apps” like exercise and
weather; I rarely use that feature so I couldn’t say what all the “apps”
are, but it’s about a half dozen. (My Fitbit happens to be charging in
another room, so it’s not convenient to look at it right now.). Using swipe
up to get battery charge was something I discovered completely by accident!
--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
decemberroses
Jogger
Fizzz12, I have the same watch face as Ted.  I see all 4 (time, date, steps, heart rate) together right on the face, then swipe to see other stats. It's a new face that recently became available.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

decemberroses Jogger.  Thank you for replying.  Are you happy with the performance and can you see the info clearly?  When I bought one in Nov last year it was hard to see info compared to Charge 3.  What worries me is that there has been no communication from Fitbit addressing the issues.  If you were not aware the staff who developed the Charge 3 had never seen or were aware of the Charge 2!  Which I find totally unreal and disturbing.

TGIR
First Steps

Totally agree. am not sure why there's no day in display. I guess most people will wish to see day and month rather than month and year if it's really some restriction issue?

bigmacha
Jogger
This is a great clock face! Exactly what i was hoping for - all the important info in one place. Easy to see. Easy to read.
MTglass
Recovery Runner

The new faces are great thanks,

If only you could fix my double counting issue would be really happy.

sasperellaLC
First Steps

Hi,

Bought a Charge 3 to replace my Charge 2 and disappointed that there isn't a clock face available which is as clear and large as those available on Charge 2 especially given the screen is larger.

On Charge 2 I use the clock which displays just the time (Hour and minutes) with the date with the time in large font, which I can clearly read without the need for my glasses. Is it possible to get a similar clock on Charge 3? I know others have asked for the time with day of week and seconds etc but for those of us who need glasses just a nice large font showing the time in hours and minutes and a smaller date would be really useful

paymonin
First Steps

i agree with that!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.