Music storage on Sense 2/Versa 4

The new watches don't have music features.

A lot of us spent a fair amount of money purchasing a music collection since it could be stored on the Ionic and earlier watches. I *do not* want to spend $15/mo for a Pandora premium when I *already* own a lot of the music anyways! Put music storage back into the watches!!
19 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AlenaM, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing music storage on Sense 2 and Versa 4. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @AlenaM  - Fitbit are discontinuing some music support for older watches and all music on the newer watches.

If you need music buy a different watch which has it, as it won't get added to these watches.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I LOVED all the features from my Versa 2, I had purchased the Charge 5 then realized Spotify and/or an music app was not available, returned and purchased the Versa 4, same thing NO MUSIC APP AVAILABLE!!! This is disappointing. The Versa 2 had GREAT options. I may have to return the Versa 4. 

Amunhotep
First Steps

I have purchased and returned two Fitbit models, Versa 4 and now will a Versa 2, because you cannot download your own music onto the items. I was misled in buying the Versa 4, and now the Versa 2, which was advertised as being able to download your own music, does not have that capability due to Fitbit removing the apps needed to do that.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Alpsman
Stepping Up

Rats!

I bought the Versa 4 as an upgrade to my Versa 2 but now Fitbit is removing features on current and previous watches. I'm sitting on a Garmin Venu SQ but I suppose it's the Versa 4 going back!

Amunhotep
First Steps

Yes it is frustrating that the company makes these arbitrary decisions without getting customer feedback.  I feel alot of Versa 2 and higher Versa models would like to have the ability to download and play their own music instead of having to pay a subscription service.

Dawnhill
First Steps
To be able to download music on versa 4
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dawnhill, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to download music on Versa 4. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Amunhotep, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Alpsman, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

Megs93
First Steps
I bought the versa four, because, based on the description it made it seem like I could add my music from iTunes( I don’t use Spotify or other music apps) and customize my own clock face, but I am unable to do either of those things. Kinda disappointed in that. I feel slightly misled. Debating about returning the watch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Megs93, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

ChillerKern
Recovery Runner
Make it so on the Fitbit Sense and other newer fitbits, you can download music like you could on the Ionic.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ChillerKern, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the anility to store music on the Versa 4 and Sense 2 with us. I noticed a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

DeFenn
Jogger

Can a feature like this be added at all?  Is there a desire internally for this feature?

seems odd that top of the line Fitbit watch can’t play music…

Alpsman
Stepping Up
  • With Google's purchase of Fitbit, the company is downgrading features on Fitbit watches to promote sales of Google's top-of-the-line Pixel Watch. Unfortunately, as that watch only gets about one day of use on a charge, I would never consider buying it. Unless, Google restores capabilities on their Fitbits, I will use my current watch until it does and then purchase a different brand.
iamharley
First Steps

I too recently purchased a Versa 4 to replace my Versa that just died. Needless to say, I was VERY disappointed to find that the music feature was not available on it. Music is a very important aspect of my life; it's there for all my workouts, when I'm cleaning, and for my mental health. Please bring this feature back.

reinoutholland
Recovery Runner

I was an Ionic user and loved the download feature with Deezer. Bought the Sense because Fitbit literally disabled the Ionic and I couldn't use it anymore. Sense came with the music feature and was a key factor in my decision to go with the Sense. 

Then Fitbit literally disables its devices for music download (did you ever hear of a company deliberately moving its user to a lower functional spec as an upgrade?) . I paid for a feature that they are taking away now.

Next time I will buy a different brand (anything NOT Fitbit or Google) because I do not like being CHEATED.

My1xT
Base Runner

I do not have an idea how much storage the new watches have as especially due to the removal of most things in terms of apps and Music this might not even be feasible on the newer models like Versa 4 due to plain not having the storage for it, but it would be a nice to have.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.