Music storage on Sense/Versa 3

Please allow Sense to storage Music (mp3) just like Ionic, Versa, Versa 2.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

653 Comments
Rzeratsky
Recovery Runner

This is going straight back to you guys.

I can't believe you thought removing functionality was a good idea.

I'd rather keep running with my Versa 2 with my music without GPS. Thanks for saving me $200

Jentabulous
Jogger

Wow! I was looking forward to buying my first fitbit, to replace my 2 year old basic model Samsung gear2 (not even a smart watch for Pete's sake).. but my old watch has GPS and music storage. 

This is a very serious thing to overlook. Whomever thought it was a good idea to suggest people leave their phone at home and not have on board music storage has much to learn about how these devices are used in the real world. 

If and only if this situation is rectified, will I reconsider... otherwise, I will use what I have already until it dies.. and save $340, and replace with something that works better for actually leaving my phone at home. 

Nhudy
First Steps

Stored music is a must. Will be returning the watch if this is not a feature 

LisaCanada
Recovery Runner

I received my Versa 3 on Monday and will be returning it if the ability to have onboard music (.mp3/.mp4) isn't added soon. I already pay for Spotify Premium and can't download my playlists, so *at least* throw us a bone, Fitbit!  Onboard music was the main reason for me buying the Versa 3... not sure why Fitbit would remove it.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Dear Fitbit Leadership Team, 

Although you believe you are clever, perhaps smarter than your customers, there are a lot of well-educated consumers who utilize Fitbit (and competing brand smartwatches).  Today, you are forcing your Versa 2 and Sense customers into purchasing a $5-10/monthly membership ($60-$120/year), simply to listen to music on a watch that is designed to be utilized as a stand-alone device.  In addition, you an attempting to collect another $10/month ($120/year) to "unlock" additional reporting features which should be included.  I am an active Youtuber, and tech enthusiast, and go through smartwatches as most people go through bread.  I'm here to say you have something special on your hands, but you're choosing to build the Titanic (through greed) by 'nickel and diming' your clients with your juicy contracts with Pandora and Deezer.  Fill your pockets for a few months and ignore this message, or do the right thing...your call.  You're in an interesting position to redirect this ship before it heads off course.    

MusicFan88
Jogger

So excited to get my Sense yesterday. then I was this. 

I run with my watch, bought it to do that with GPS now. And you go and block Music to sell us Deezer? For £100 or more a year?

Shameless money grab. Sense already returned despite the great features. Very slimy advertising as well.

Someone at Fitbit thinks they're being smart with this. Amazon reviews confirm that's not the case... utter rubbish. 

MusicFan88
Jogger

That's not all folks. 

I've just discovered that Fitbit / Deezer actively block personal music stored on a Deezer account from being downloaded to the watch.

Even if someone was gullible enough to shell out for a subscription to use music offline, they will be greeted by a lovely message that playlists containing personal MP3 files cannot be downloaded to Versa 3 / Sense.

I am speechless. 

Secubia
First Steps

I was really looking forward to purchasing the Sense, but will not do so if it does not have MP3 player functionality! I currently use Charge4 and wear a separate MP3 player for music, I was so looking forward to finally be phone free and have everything I need in one device. Unfortunately Sense is then not for me unless this feature is added somehow through software update later on. I will wait and see for a bit if the feature becomes available but will not make a purchase until that happens.

mhitschf
Jogger

Very disappointed! You've got to be kidding me! How in the world you launch a product with the inability to storing music! What a downgrade

Moderator Edit: Formatting

KWumm
Jogger

I completely agree with @comb92 as this was close to false advertising. I only discovered after a few days of already using the watch, that this feature is not available because the German online manual of "How to transfer music to your fitbit..." (LINK ) still claims (as I'm writing this), that this works for all Versa watches besides the Lite version (the english original already added versa 3 and sense to the asterisk footnote).

Screenshot 2020-10-01 142449.jpg

As this isn't the only issue that I experienced with this watch, I will send it back and switch to Garmin as well as offline-music + GPS were my main reasons for buying this device.

adrianovitz
First Steps

When I read the Sense has both GPS and Offline Music I couldn't wait to get it. Once I received it, I tried setting up the music and it turns out "Offline Music" means I have to have a subscription to one of the services. Why would I pay another $100+ a year when I have a list of my music that I enjoy and workout to? As others, I wanted to run without my phone. Since this feature was taken away, there really is no point in keeping it. I can't believe FitBit sold out its customers for deals with the apps.

If this doesn't get fixed in under a month, I will be returning my sense and will probably not consider getting another FitBit in the future.

Iain_B
Jogger

Same as most people on here , please put back the ability to store my own music if its not resolved soonish then I will be returning it.
big backwards step!

PWright57
Jogger

Been a long time Fitbit user and have been really happy. Thought the addition of GPS to the Versa was just the thing I was waiting for as it'd allow me to leave the phone at home and still track my walks. However, the removal of local music storage means I'll still have to cart the phone round. It's just that I'll be carting it around alongside my Charge 3 and pass on a new device until Fitbit put back the facility to store music locally. Not asking for lots of room, just enough for a workout or long walk. Really can't understand the logic of removing this. Backward step Fitbit. I'd like to stay with you, but if this doesn't appear, then I might have to look elsewhere for a tracker with GPS and local music storage.

PWright57
Jogger

I've posted elsewhere about this retrograde step, but so annoyed I'm parking it here too. Removing local music storage is a backward step. I was looking forward to logging walks with GPS and no phone and was on the point of purchasing a Versa 3 when..... . If I have to have my phone with me I might as well stick with my Charge 3 and cart the phone round and not hand Fitbit £200-£300 on a Versa 3/Sense. Really can't understand the decision at all. I'm not asking for lots of music storage. Just enough for an hour or so whilst walking/at the gym. Come on Fitbit, sort this please.

chandana22
First Steps

This is extremely disappointing as I was looking forward to buy Versa 3. Deezer and Pandora don't have the music I listen to. This is a deal-breaker for me as I don't like to carry my phone around while running. If this is not added soon, I will be looking to buy Garmin.

Include the feature in Versa 3 as well!

BronxDrummer
Jogger

Downloading music was the best option on my Ionic.

I showed a lot of people in the gym that I was working out with just my phone and Bluetooth headphones and they were “Wowed,”. 
 I too will cancel my order for the Sense.  
 Too bad.  I was looking forward to a more “advanced” watch, but this is one step backwards.

Good-bye Fitbit!

Raz124
Base Runner

I don't use Pandora nor do I use Deezer. If I did I guess I'd be pleased! Instead I use Amazon Music Unlimited (you may have heard of it?). In the absence of a tie up with Amazon Music it would be good to be able to download my own play list.

Let's face it, most people are not going to use more than one premium music service. And many people will want to use their Sense without a phone (upgrade to GPS onboard was a real plus here) so the decision to restrict music downloads to those who can afford the time and money to subscribe to another service is just going to alienate many of Fitbit's target base. As it clearly has. Not that smart really. 

LMG-SA
First Steps

I've been trying to figure out how to upload my own music on this watch!  What a waste of time!!  I loved that, with my Versa 2, I didn't have to carry my phone with me all of the time!!  I'm so glad that I didn't get rid of my Versa 2 - If this isn't rectified, I will be returning the Versa 3 and going back to the Versa 2!

If I had a Versa, and I wanted that feature as a deal breaker, I'd return it immediately. Fitbit hasn't even promised the feature. I wouldn't hope for it.  If you really wanted the feature, you'll be out several hundreds of dollars if they never add it. And right now, the radio silence after a week of complaints tells me they aren't in a position to be concerned right now.  I was going to get a Versa 3, but after this, I don't think it will ever come.  I'll be very happy if Fitbit proved me wrong.

LMG-SA
First Steps
Thanks for the input... I immediately requested a return authorization after I read your comments and spent at least 3 hours this morning trying to figure out how to upload my music. I'm going back to my Versa 2 which already has my library installed. I'm upset because I really like the way the bands connect on the 3 and the way the end tucks under.  What a waste of time!Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
umbrage
First Steps

Yes, please. Very frustrating to have to pay for a subscription service I don't want to download music I already own to play on a $300 device that shouldn't have a problem doing this to begin with. 

wenbing
First Steps

This is must-to-have feature. Without it, the Sense become useless to me.  What's the purpose to have a watch if I have to carry a phone?

Also the Fitbit Connect on Mac doesn't work at all. I cannot login for the "Manage My Music".

It's so frustrated!

GianlucaV
First Steps

Dear Fitbit Developers,

as you can see the feature to upload MP3 music to once device is a must-have feature! What sense is there to have integrated GPS if you still have to carry your phone with you.

I own Spotify but even that doesn't support offline music.

Please listen to all comments and votes on this subject and reintroduce this feature!

Greetings

Gianluca

Jcolvin
First Steps

I have been looking to upgrade my versa . I like it a lot. I was able to run the track without my phone and still listen to music with my Bluetooth headphones.  The new gps feature and listen to music sounds great, but now I would have to pay for a subscription to listen to music. I will probably buy an iWatch if that is the case. Very sad to hear the mp3 feature was removed. Please bring it back - thanks.

rakhinesmn
Keeping Pace

Not every song is available in the Deezer, and we are not willing to pay more cash.

Pls don't downgrade the features.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.