Music storage on Sense/Versa 3

Please allow Sense to storage Music (mp3) just like Ionic, Versa, Versa 2.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

650 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @PatriSol. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about allowing the Sense to storage your music with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Lasertop
Base Runner

Please put the ability to store our own music back in, we don't want to have to shell out another $120 a year for a service that allows us to do what we have always been able to do with the Versa 2 or Ionic.

Jetiandresito
First Steps

I'm really surprised that FitBit downgrades functions in a new model or makes previously free functions available only for premium subscription users. 😞 
I was planning to upgrade my Versa 2 to Sense, but now I'm going to reconsider it.

xchatter
Base Runner

It is annoying how 2 of the first 5 "feature suggestions" are about features which existed but were removed from all devices or about features which old models had but the new ones will drop probably forcing you to use paid service.

P.S.

I was just reading another "feature suggestion" where people said that Fitbit removed the option to set alarms from the mobile app and everyone wants it back. Unfortunately Fitbit won't bring it back.

nh97103
Recovery Runner

I am very much leaning towards canceling my preorder because of this. Very disappointed.

--------------------------------

Preorder cancelled. Please reconsider your decision on this, Fitbit!

Denen
First Steps

I have an Apple Watch with about 32GB storage and I download offline music and can go for a run without my phone, only Bluetooth earphones and my watch. Was hoping to buy the Versa 3 or Sense, but without a good storage and only music subscription service? I think I would buy a Samsung galaxy 3 instead. 

vpEdoc
Jogger

I too am extremely disappointed to hear that the Sense will lack the music storage feature even though it has other really important and fabulous features.  I have used at least 5 different Fitbit devices over the years and am currently using the Versa 2 with Premium services. To think about spending that much more for the Sense than the Versa 2 I would want at least what I currently have plus everything else that the Sense offers, not less than what I currently have in my device. In the process of developing the Sense and Versa 3, especially at their current price points, did anyone at Fitbit decide to do some meaningful focus groups with actual and regular users? Maybe find out what the motivating and most desirable features would be for them in a device of this type in designing it and before its release?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I canceled my order for the Versa 3 when I discovered that you could no longer transfer music.  I'll just keep my Versa 2.  If I have to lug my phone onto the gym floor then the watch does me absolutely no good.  Really un-smartwatch move, Fitbit.  Honestly, the GPS is a useless function for my needs.

SiofraA
Jogger

Seems crazy not to be able to. Like even if you could save a playlist out if would be great. So many other options have this function and really is lacking 

SiofraA
Jogger

Is there a way to super vote this? Really is ridiculous music storage wouldn’t be available. Pretty sure pandora isn’t even available in my country, never heard of it

BruceyE
Jogger

Same here. I've been thinking about that in a while too.

TheNightSkyGuy
Base Runner

Small space for music storage for short exercise and training sessions should be be available - after all FitBit prides itself as being a fitness wearable leader - and this is a truly basic and easy feature to enable.  Hopefully we will see a quick update. 

Big 👍 Vote! 

VlarpNL
First Steps

I had almost pre-ordered the Sense as a replacement for my old Garmin Vivoactive 3 Music. But then found that the Sense does not allow me to store my own music files, or even allow offline syncing with Spotify. Being able to go for a run with my watch only (and leaving my phone at home) for both activity tracking and listening to music is a key requirement for a smart/sports watch. It's a shame because except this music thing the Sense really has all that I love to see in a watch and would have certainly ordered it.

LLicea
Recovery Runner

Very disappointed!

SunnyDays05
Jogger

I was so excited to upgrade for the GPS so I could finally leave my dang phone at home, and now you take away simple features? Money grubbing, yo. Ya'll want me to pay premium price for a watch, and then pay monthly for YOUR premium features, then pay monthly for music subscription too, which still doesn't allow me to leave my dang phone? Been using Fitbit since 2nd Gen, but man... Ya'll making Galaxy Active 2 look better and better the more I learn about these. Sad. 

thep3000
Jogger

My use case for audio on the watch is audiobooks from the library.  Pandora / deezer don't offer this.  The new features aren't worth it if I lose audio storage. 

I wouldn't have pre-ordered if I knew they took away this feature.  I guess I'll keep my versa 1 and cancel the Sense preorder.

Raz124
Base Runner

I have an Amazon music subscription and it appears that Fitbit isn't going to add Amazon Music to the services that can be used on its ecosystem so the only way to have music on my Sense (if I don't cancel the order) is if Fitbit allows mp3 downloads. Why free us from the tyranny of the smartphone (by incorporating GPS) only to effectively force us to take our phone so that we can use that for music playback? Disappointing. 

Jdcbuy1
Stepping Up

Long time Fitbit user through zip, one, versa, and versa 2. New sense was high on my list until I saw you can no longer load your own music. If you can download Pandora or deezer playlists then this is just a money grab for subscriptions. Open that storage space back up for personal music that we've already paid for!

Jdcbuy1
Stepping Up

A must have for me to upgrade from Versa2. Was really looking forward to Sense! Open up that storage for personal music and audio books! You know, just like before?!

Rubygrace
First Steps
The feature to store your own music on your watch (available on older models) is not present on the new Versa 3 or Sense. This should be brought back, so people can leave their phone at home as advertised, not everyone is able to afford a monthly Deezer subscription.
Julia_G
Ultramarathon Racer

Include in Versa 3 as well!

GeoffWoo
Recovery Runner

I pre-ordered a Sense assuming this was a done deal.  I'd cancel and return the device.  I live in the water paddleboarding and kayaking.  I wanted a simple playlist to drive waterproof earbuds.  I'm sure all the body monitoring eats data until it can be synched off.  (Edge compute, data exhaust, blah, blah)

I am not at all happy about this.  I'd intended a LinkedIn blog puff piece about Covid and whipping myself into the best shape I've been in since college (net of knee and back operations,  that is.  Think Monty Python's Black Knight. )  It'll have a slightly harder bite to it based on this lack of offline Spotify.  A very serious limitation that would have delayed my purchase.  Put me down as having incredible buyer's remorse. 

itvshdny12345b
Recovery Runner
People will be able to download and store songs on the watch and will be able to leave their phones in sports training.
GarfCadet
Jogger

I just received my Versa 3 this morning, having returned my Versa 2 recently to replace it with the 3.  I've just discovered that they've apparently removed the My Music app that allows me put my own music on the watch.  I was really looking forward to having bath GPS and My Music on the Versa 3, which is why I upgraded in the first place. 

If ability to put my own music on the Versa 3 isn't added back in within the next few weeks (or there's some formal assurance that it will be added back soon), I intend to return the watch.   

Please also make this enhancement for the Versa 3. I would have already purchased one if the feature was already present.   As soon as it arrives, I'll buy a Versa 3. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.