NET Carbs instead of Carbs

There is a difference! If you are following, Atkins, Keto, Paleo or any of the LCHF diets, you do not count standard carbs, you count net carbs (Carbs - Sugar alcohol - Fiber). There is currently no option on your site at all that allows the entry of net carbs or a field for sugar alcohol (Erythritol, Xlitol, etc) to be able to calculate this in your macros.

Diabetics use this, as well as dieters for weight loss or training. 

Moderator edit: Labels

108 Comments
widogmom
Recovery Runner

It would be really great if FitBit would calculate net carbs. It's very important for *ahem* nutritionally efficient persons like myself who don't burn a lot.

Nutritional
First Steps
I would love to have the option to choose between a net carb range versus a calorie deficiency for my daily nutritional goal.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would like my daily totals to include net carbs please. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would prefer to be able to set both a calorie goal and a net carb goal. So the additional of some further configuration options around calorie and net carb goals would be appreciated. 

gator326
First Steps

Yes, the nutrition tracking is completely useless without net carbs. Most users will never find this forum to comment or vote. But a simple google search of "fitbit tracking net carbs" will show that there are many users looking for this feature, and currently resorting to other products since Fitbit doesn't offer it. 

Keto4Me
First Steps

I'm in agreement that net carbs are needed.  But I think it would be best to add fibre and net carbs to the daily total.  Have the app calculate the net carbs by subtracting fibre from carbs. 

Edit:  In thinking more on this, I agree with others that sugar alcohols need to be included.  Whether the app subtracts these or not, is immaterial as it's an easy enough calc, as long as these all total in your daily totals.

Fozzy71
Runner

yes please.  need this on the app, and the ability to see fiber, sodium, etc

GWRoberts
Jogger

Net Carbs please.... And / or fiber added to macro options.... Along with the grams of each instead of just percentage.  Love that you're headed in this direction with the Macro update!!

cherylina
Jogger

We need net carbs totals please!!

Fozzy71
Runner

'We need net carbs totals please!!'

In both grams and percents!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes please! I'd rather not have to go back to My fitness pal just to see net carbs!

jcoster
First Steps

Please!  Net carbs is the future!

Fozzy71
Runner

And if/when this gets done it needs to be done properly: you need to add a food nutrition info category/field for sugar alcohols and subtract those and fiber both from total carbs.  

Off topic but I really wish you also had a nutrition category field for potassium (and other micronutrients) like MFP and reports page where you could view historical data on macros (and net carbs of course) and micros.

bluecrab
Jogger

I am a diabetic and am following a low-carb lifestyle. It would help me greatly if the new macronutrients feature on the mobile app allowed you to choose net carbs vs all carbs. Thanks!

PowerfulJosh
First Steps

Please include net carbs! It's essential for people following paleo, keto, and other low-carb diets. I hate having to switch between two apps in order to easily see my net carbs. 😞

DaxRog
First Steps

Exactly! Not everyone is on the same diet. There are many varieties of ways to diet. WE NEED NET CARBS TOO! Smiley Mad

DaxRog
First Steps

Please update so that someone can choose net carbs on the macros. With so many different ways to diet some people need net carbs while others can use the default total carbs. Lets make this happen people! Spread the word!

StephIvie
First Steps

Please add net carbs to the website and the mobile application.

Thank you!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It's well overdue.... Time to add Net Carbs... to fitbit applications... PLEASE

I am on Keto and it is so time consuming to do the calculations

Thank you

djhemp
Jogger

Vote +1!  The lack of this simple calculated option alienates all of the folks following any of the mentioned diets.  

djhemp
Jogger

It's a shame this has to be done, but clearly there is enough demand for someone to create a chrome extension.  You'll have to login online to check accurate macros.  Here's how. 

1. Download the Keto Fitbit chrome extension here

2. Check your macros here

kristinbobistin
First Steps

Yes to adding net carbs! I am about to start a keto diet and need to track this. I need to be able to track the grams and against percentage of protein and fat.

Becky607
First Steps

The macros are not accurate for someone following a LCHF lifestyle. Percent and grams would be great! These need to be net carbs since fiber and sugar alcohols have negligible effect on blood sugar. Diabetics need to know net carbs in order to help keep blood sugar as stable as possible. I have stopped using my Fitbit because ,for me, it is only useful for tracking my steps.  I thought I was getting a complete package with this product, but not so much I guess. That one fix would put it back on my wrist.

DaveDiemer
First Steps

FitBit it would be great if you could track your macros especially net carbs. Meaning carbs minus carbs from dietary fiber or maybe just dietary fiber in is own slice on the pie chart. I know there are a lot of people that are on a Keto Diet but if they are like me would love to be able to use the FitBit app to just track everything in one place. Any help?

Kayoh13
First Steps

Yes yes yes! This would be so helpful. I love everything about Fitbit except for the missing (essential) nutrition info for those of us with a microscope on NET carbs! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.