Name your Fitbit

It would be great to be able to have to ability to name your device for the families with more than one fitbit. My son and I both have a blaze and I struggle trying to figure out which is which when we are pairing them. This also makes is more personal, you could them maybe get messages with "way to go Raiderett68" Or " you have almost reached your goal, keep it up Raiderette68", this type of thing. more encouragement the better. I love my fitbit and am in hopes of getting the Ionic soon. this would be great to see on future updates and devices.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

20 Comments
Epsilon
Recovery Runner

I would love to be able to give my device a name of it's own & be able to see it on my phone, PC or wherever I can view my device & settings. Would you guys please impliment this idea? Anyone who would like the same, please feel free to piggyback on my post. 🙂 Have a great weekend! 😄 

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Great, so it will be individual Fitbit. I love this 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hey @Epsilon! I would love this to be implemented because you'll be able to see this in the app and online Dashboard. 

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board. 

Teratar
First Steps

My son and i both have a Surge, one blue, one black, both have iphone 6 as well. Love them like crazy, however when i was connecting his Surge to his phone it was picking up my Surge as well, after several attempts at this i turned my surge off and restarted the pairing process. When we finally were able to select the correct tracker we were completely frsutrated that Fitbit did not provide a way to name, label, or personalize the trackers to quickly identify on our phones. This would prove to be very useful, as most tablets, computers, wifi and other devices are able to be given a personalized name to prevent this from happening. Please consider having your fitness brains at Fitbit figure a way to have this in an update, especially since more and more people are becoming fitness minded. We are adding another surge to our family this year so if this feature isnt available  by then, ... another headache. Thanks all so much at Fitbit!!!

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

josiahjosiah
First Steps

I think being able to persoanlize the trackers in the phone app would be VERY helpful in multi-Fitbit families like ours

dianekredfearn
Stepping Up

I have multiple tracking devices and would much rather name them something other than "Flex" or "One" so when they appear via Bluetooth, they're more easily identified. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fab Heart

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
dianekredfearn
Stepping Up
Thanks for finding the duplicate. You are a total rock star!
Daristar
First Steps

On my Android phone, I can rename the devices via the BlueTooth settings. 

Click on the gear icon next to the device and I have the option to "edit device name"

Niels1986
First Steps

This will be great if you guy's make this possible

mysheila1
Jogger

I'd like to be able to change the default name(s) of my trackers.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

When you pair them to your account. There will be a code displayed on the tracker. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarreFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hello @raiderett68, I think just like you. Having this option in our trackers would be awesome. Smiley Very Happy

krez56
First Steps

I was just begging for this option in a chat. We have three Flex 2s in the house. Today my husband lost his tracker. We downloaded an app, but all three came up, making it difficult to search for just his. We were finally able to narrow it down to which of the three was his (small house, so it was difficult to get the others far enough away to not register), and eventually found it. If they each had their own name, it would have been so much easier.

pureMJ
Jogger

I am really, really disappointed that this is still pending and we don't even have an ETA.

I have fitbit ionic.

It is a shame for such an expensive device lacking such a basic functionality.

I have bluetooth earbuds and my friend uses that same earbuds too.

Obviously earbuds talks to me and tells me "connected to 'fitbit ionic classic'".

Ah ha, whose ionic is it?

There is never a problem with phones as it says "connected to A's iphone" or "connected to B's pixel".

Thanks that all phones, no matter how cheap they are, allows you to customize the device name.

Sweet-C
First Steps

Well, I have waited long enough... Pretty sure my husband and I are getting ready to switch to the Samsung Galaxy Watch or the new one that comes out in 2 weeks. It's a shame because I really like Fitbit and have worn several versions over the past 6 years. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Dans_Bit
First Steps
Would like to be able to name my device
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Dans_Bit, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of naming your device. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.