New updated clip on tracker

I have had a One for 3 years now and love it but am a bit disappointed that some features are not available on it (e.g.. active mins per hour etc). Please can you make a new clip on fitbit with more features. I really don't want a wrist one at all.

1,086 Comments
kpdoumbia
First Steps

I'm on my third clip for my Fitbit One.  Under normal use, both my previous clips have eventually had the plastic end with the fitbit logo on the inside part of the clip fall off, leaving the two metal posts exposed.  Could this design be improved?  

tindlem
First Steps

I have had my fitbit one since Nov., 2014.

Today when I went to put it on I noticed that the rubber ib the end of the clip was comletely gone, exposing the metal, which has sharp edges.  I have ordered a new clip but it would be great if they were made a little bit better so they would not wear out like this and also, it might be fun to be able to purchase more than just black or burgundy colored clips.  Othere that that I love the Fitbit one...although, I admit that I have never worn the band when I go to bed at night to track my sleep....

petertugwell
First Steps

clip on fitbit one does not clip well onto many belts- fell off for second time - fitbut lost both times - most recently  last week. needs redesignig. am moving to wristband  

First Steps

I agree the fitbit clip for the fitbit one, needs a new design.    One solid piece on the back of the clip would prevent the bottom piece with with the words Fitbit from falling  off, leaving the 2 metal prongs exposed.  

Many of my friends with the FitOne  also have had this same issue with the belt clip.

Looking at the posts, it seems this is an ongoing issue.  Hope it is addressed soon. 

JillinOC
First Steps

Please redesign the case of the One. I've had the One for 13 months and am on my 3rd case. The tip of the clip keeps breaking off. There must be a solution for a better case???

groenroos
First Steps

For me, the Fitbit Ultra is still to date the best Fitbit I've owned. The middle-split design that both charges the device, and allows you to clip it onto clothes is pure genius, and something later devices have not been able to replicate.

I don't want a bracelet, for the same reason I also don't have a watch; it's in the way. I work on the computer all day, so either the band is leaving impressions on my skin or it's scratching my laptop.

And sure the Ultra had its problems (mine is crumbling to bits because the plastic around the top is cracked due to wear and tear), but the Fitbit One is even worse. You need the separate cover to clip it onto anything, but then you need to always remove it in order to charge it.

Now even the One is getting a bit old, with new features turning up on the fitness bands. So please make a new Fitbit device that is not a bracelet! The Ultra form factor with all the new features (sync to phone, caller ID, what have you) would be the most perfect.

CJM3
First Steps

The clip for the ONE does not keep the thing on my belt. I lost the first one some time ago and bought another three days ago. It was off my belt within a day! Fortunately, this time it came off in the house and I was able to locate it by attempting to sync. But the clip is completely inadequate. 

ladyjade7013
First Steps
I have to really agree with the other users who commented about the design of this clip. I have had my Fitbit One for a while now and have purchased several Ones and Zips for my husband, mother, and two aunts. I also recommend your product to many friends and I am a fan of the device. However, I am really not satisfy with the clip accessory. The rubber tip part keeps breaking off even with the slightest use and exposing the prongs. Without the rubber tip, I can still use the clip but the metal prongs digs into my skin and clothing so it is not comfortable nor feel too safe. 

I almost have to use my clip accessory as a non-clip and just put it into a pocket 90% of the time which is what I have been doing but there are some occasions where I'm wearing a dress or I do not have a place to put the Fitbit into and and I would have to the clip function. However, after just a few uses, the rubber tip would just break off. Please see the attached photo for a visual. 

I'm currently on my 3rd clip accessory. At $15 a piece, this is going to get costly. Can yo uplease do something about these clips and see if you can make them as a one-piece rubber or in a way that it could not break off? 

20150601_220857644_iOS.jpg

KatieJB
First Steps

I complained about this with my first clip and got it replaced for free. It's happened again with the second one, and I've developed the habit of holding onto the little plastic end piece whenever I unclip the Fitbit (otherwise it goes flying off). I suppose we could all just keep requesting free replacements until it makes financial sense to redesign it...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea!  With an integral clip, like the Ultra tracker, it would eliminate the need for accessory clips.

It also seems like your request may have been mis-archived. I've reopened this feature request to be able to accept votes and comments. Apologies for the mistake on our end. Robot Happy

Thanks for posting on the Feature Request Board.

EdinburghLass
Tempo Runner

Come on fitbit, you have released four different wrist trackers now...the flex, the surge, Charge, and the Charge HR. Still no improvement on the clip on trackers. The case on the One tracker is useless. I gave up after several new cases and am now back with the Zip as it is cheaper if I lose it and the case is better than the One. I also found the altimeter feature on the One not very accurate so I'm happy with the Zip for now...apart rom the poor display which is impossible to see in low light conditions.

The fitbit ultra was so much better designed. Can you not release a trackler that can be worn on the wrist or with a clip so that people have an option? It seems like you have forgotten the customers who wear clip on trackers and left us behind.

If the ultra was still available and could work with bluetooth I would be buying that again.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I currently have my Fitbit One hanging off a lanyard, and have tested the accuracy against another Fitbit One and Zip hanging off the belt and is accurate, so any chance of a Fitbit branded lanyard?
Deen
Recovery Runner

I don't like wearing wrist based  trackers, so I was happy finding the fitbit ONE.

Maybe it's possible adding features to the ONE ? like heart rate and cycling tracking ?

I know that this is technically undoable, but you never know what clever guys come up with. 

jln556
Jogger

I currently own a ONE and I absolutely LOVE it! However since purchasing my ONE when it was first released there have only been new wrist trackers released . It would be great to see these released with the option to also wear on a clip, or even release an updated version of the ONE. I know many of my friends who would also like to see a new clip based FitBit be released especially with some of the updated features of all the wrist ones.... Also the cost of the ONE has not come down at all, it seems silly to spend what I did when it was first released when there have been 6 new versions. Thanks! I do really love my fitbit but after 4 years it needs replacing would of been nice to have the one come down in price or have a newly released clip based fitbit to replace it with.

pathiggins
First Steps
Please consider adding a clip case/option in addition to the band.
Nikbrick
First Steps

I'm frustrated that all upgraded designs have been for wrist use.  I prefer to wear the clip, especially during workouts.

Angela_H
Jogger

As i work in Childcare, i am not allowed to wear my Fitbit Charge or any other type of watch around my wrist due to health and hygiene policy, would it be possible in the future to make it that you could attach it to a pin type of fastening that you can wear as a pin watch.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and labels.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My Fitbit One is getting old and I have been looking around for a replacement. It seems no one carries the One any longer and they are on "back order" on the Fitbit site. I am worried that this fabulous device is being discontinued in favor of the wrist worn models. I don't like the wrist models for various reason but one of the main reasons is that I have super tiny wrists and they don't fit me. Since they don't fit properly they don't count accurately and are uncomfortable. I also LOVE that I can wear the One on my bra and it doesn't have to be on my wrist. The One has all the features that I am looking for. I don't need the features of a wrist style tracker. I have had my One for 3 years and LOVE it. If the One (or a chargeable clip on model) is not available from Fitbit, I will have to go elsewhere for a tracker and that would make me very unhappy. I love Fitbit & my One. 

noRamom
First Steps

I also would appreciate a clip to attach a better featured fit bit to my bra

Justweeme
First Steps

As a nurse I'm not allowed to wear anything on my wrist so I wear the Fitbit One in my pocket but it's limited to what it does , I would like a clip on that has everything the One has but with heart rate and hourly activity included.

Just a thought 😐

reechemist
Stepping Up

I have owned my fitbit one for over 3 years.  It is great for me to slip into my pocket or clip on my waist.  I am paralyzed so the wrist ones do not work as well for me.  I would like to see and upgrade to the fitbit one as I climb stairs and walk.  HR components would be nice too.  Please continue to sell the Fitbit one and/or design an upgrade.  My fitbit one will need to be replaced soon as the button has broken off the body.  A fitbit one with Charge 2 HR features would be awesome!  

FloidaBB
Jogger

I have a fitbit one and love it. It is truly the most versatile fitbit ever. I can wear it on my wrist, my sock, in a necklace, anywhere I want to. I absolutely love it. But I live in Florida and spend a lot of time swimming. I know I am burning calories, but none of them count. I am kicking my feet and doing strokes with my arms, but get no steps or movements because I cannot wear it in the water. Making a waterproof fitbit one would be perfect! 

tealseer
First Steps

Since you are coming out with new products, a newer/updated version of the Fitbit One (and/or Fitbit Zip) for those of us unable to wear your fitness trackers would be fantastic! 

lysa_d
Jogger

The One has been the best tracker I have ever used, it's most accurate and just perfect. Maybe update the One, please don't discontinue!!

If you really "have to" make another model that is current available to wear NOT on the wrist.

Chris92057
Runner

Yes, please! A clip tracker with features similar to the One! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.